Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   people into cool msuc (i'm hardcore celluoid love) check out my band (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=159178)

TuralyonW3 05-01-2008 05:47 AM

people into cool msuc (i'm hardcore celluoid love) check out my band

http://www.myspace.com/somanoir

:hanging:

Luke de Spa 05-01-2008 06:50 AM

Muse, anyone?

TuralyonW3 05-01-2008 06:50 AM

radiohead

TuralyonW3 05-01-2008 07:01 AM

or rather magik markers

Kahlo 05-01-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 3243752)
or rather magik markers

saw them live on Saturday. Absolutely shit

Thaniel Buckner 05-01-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlo (Post 3243766)
saw them live on Saturday. Absolutely shit my trousers because they were fucking brill to the max.

fyp

Thaniel Buckner 05-01-2008 09:02 AM

i hope i emulated Kahlo's faggy manner of speaking well enough.

JapanAlex 05-01-2008 09:25 AM

hay! -- back off the kahlo!

JapanAlex 05-01-2008 09:26 AM

the music's not bad - but production? heard of it?

aurel 05-01-2008 10:23 AM

Any chance you could sendspace the tracks? Can't access myspace but would like to hear.

Kahlo 05-01-2008 10:28 AM

to be honest their set started off really shitty, but this was more to do with the sound in the venue.

It took them about 10 minutes to hit their stride and when they did it was pretty entertaining. Then suddenly they overran their time and where told to leave the stage - this resulted in some furious guitar playing and a guitar being hurled angrily across the stage.. this was pretty awesome to watch

??? 05-01-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 3243729)

:hanging:

I_was_aborted 05-01-2008 01:14 PM

The drums constantly drag whenever they are present. Also most of the noise stuff just sounds like you've just gotten home from the guitar store with a new distortion pedal you've never used before. I understand the style you're going for but even in that style of music, control over the sound you're making is important. It sounds like the sounds you make are just from turning everything up to 10 and messing around rather than having it thought out at all. I think some of what I heard could be cool if it had some better rhythm in general.

celluloid_love 05-01-2008 02:53 PM

music's good man, but change the name

JapanAlex 05-01-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_was_aborted (Post 3243919)
The drums constantly drag whenever they are present. Also most of the noise stuff just sounds like you've just gotten home from the guitar store with a new distortion pedal you've never used before. I understand the style you're going for but even in that style of music, control over the sound you're making is important. It sounds like the sounds you make are just from turning everything up to 10 and messing around rather than having it thought out at all. I think some of what I heard could be cool if it had some better rhythm in general.

probably the best answer in this thread

TuralyonW3 05-02-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_was_aborted (Post 3243919)

thanks but this thread was directed toward people into cool music

and lack of control is one of the main things we go for, and I like shambly drums

edit: not to come off like a dick...I used to be in a very tight, highly produced band, and I know what exactly what you're talking about, it's just not what I'm into anymore. I prefer the sound of chaos and fucking around. It's what the kind of bands I listen to sound like. some of the magik markers cdrs sound way more war and random than this stuff.

TuralyonW3 05-02-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid_love (Post 3243989)
music's good man, but change the name

you think? another guy in the band came up with it, i was so so on it.

TuralyonW3 05-02-2008 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JapanAlex (Post 3243795)
production

not a fan sorry

Luke de Spa 05-02-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 3244381)
you think? another guy in the band came up with it, i was so so on it.

soma noir = teen goth band name. there's a band here called the moon whispers and i immediately thought of them

TuralyonW3 05-02-2008 12:30 AM

band name submissions are welcome. we used to be discordian collective but that was pretty gay

Luke de Spa 05-02-2008 12:33 AM

daddy lolbutts

I_was_aborted 05-02-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 3244380)
thanks but this thread was directed toward people into cool music

and lack of control is one of the main things we go for, and I like shambly drums

edit: not to come off like a dick...I used to be in a very tight, highly produced band, and I know what exactly what you're talking about, it's just not what I'm into anymore. I prefer the sound of chaos and fucking around. It's what the kind of bands I listen to sound like. some of the magik markers cdrs sound way more war and random than this stuff.

You're missing the point though. You're stuff just mostly sounds like you can't play very well at all and you're even unfamiliar with how to work your equipment properly. I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list. You still sound way amateur comparatively. There is a different between rough and chaotic music and people just fiddling around poorly without much thought or intention. Its not even about production quality really, more about the overall feel. I guess I just can't get into music this abstract, there is nothing to keep my attention at all.

TuralyonW3 05-02-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_was_aborted (Post 3244399)
I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list.

lol

Eric Blair 05-02-2008 01:31 AM

Animal Collective is pretty chaotic but not as chaotic as you're grammar i was aborted

I'm Hardcore 05-02-2008 01:37 AM

why would anyone take i_was_aborted seriously in this thread

celluloid_love 05-02-2008 01:40 AM

or in any other thread?

JapanAlex 05-02-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_was_aborted (Post 3244399)
You're missing the point though. You're stuff just mostly sounds like you can't play very well at all and you're even unfamiliar with how to work your equipment properly. I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list. You still sound way amateur comparatively. There is a different between rough and chaotic music and people just fiddling around poorly without much thought or intention. Its not even about production quality really, more about the overall feel. I guess I just can't get into music this abstract, there is nothing to keep my attention at all.

what you said is right but he's not going to take it now is he?

most people can't take criticism even positive criticism

I'm Hardcore 05-02-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celluloid_love (Post 3244421)
or in any other thread?

especially this one

also, fuck off japan alex

JapanAlex 05-02-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore (Post 3244420)
why would anyone take i_was_aborted seriously in this thread

well 1. he's spot on here and 2. if you were any fan of music you would have to listen to him outright (at least on this thread) >.<

oh and ps it really is only the production side which has let you down

JapanAlex 05-02-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore (Post 3244423)
especially this one

also, fuck off japan alex

is that you in your avatar?

lol