Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   7 years ago, the greatest artistic expression by SP was released (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186481)

Laundro 07-02-2018 10:05 PM

7 years ago, the greatest artistic expression by SP was released

Or lamest, I dunno. The TBK era was baffling

reprise85 07-02-2018 10:13 PM

the absolute lowest point was the devi ever affair IMO

but this is the lowest artistic point

bright_doom 07-02-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laundro (Post 4446803)

Or lamest, I dunno. The TBK era was baffling

I have a vivid memory of reading the comments on Hipsters United about this video whilst sitting in a small Italian restaurant whilst having a beer after work. I can't remember a single thing from school though.

fuzzyroes 07-02-2018 10:30 PM

I remember the only person on the board that liked the video and era was Myoneandonly

Butt Pope 07-02-2018 10:47 PM

It’s amazkng how far and fast Billy fell from any artistic integrity.

Butt Pope 07-02-2018 10:48 PM

Not fixing my typo

fuzzyroes 07-02-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butt Pope (Post 4446832)
It’s amazkng how far and fast Billy fell from any artistic integrity.

Happens to all the greats.

No one thinks of Rolling Stones and waxes nostalgic about the "Bridges to Babylon" album. After time, the draw for all these acts lies strictly in the touring.

WeilandFan 07-02-2018 11:33 PM

The idea of a wrestling video is cool with me, I love wrestling just like Billy. The song just happened to unfortunately be one of the worst he's ever released.

russticles 07-03-2018 12:11 AM

Remember the "hype" in the lead up to this video? All the attention focused on the fact this was being shot on those stupidly expensive Red Cameras (one of the first music videos to be shot on perhaps?) and even then it didn't help that the video content itself (and the song) was a steaming pile of shit.

What a dingus move. There were better Teargarden songs to treat as a single/video release. Fucking Owata, christ on a bike.

Shallowed 07-03-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russticles (Post 4446860)
Remember the "hype" in the lead up to this video?

Honestly, no.

eviltimeban 07-03-2018 03:52 AM

I like the song, I think it would've been a good last song on Oceania.

megalomano 07-03-2018 12:58 PM

oh what a pice of crap

Pizza Club 07-03-2018 03:30 PM

I love the original arrangement of this song but I still have never and will never watch this video.

Corgan's Bluff 07-04-2018 02:59 AM

In technical terms this video is way better than all the Coloma Productions shit that has mostly come out in the newer video releases...
I like the music. It has some positive sense of home. :D

"Solara" is terrible in every kind of artistic attempt, the new bottom of The Smashing Pumpkins.

Mals Marola 07-04-2018 05:46 AM

Solara is way better than this

Mals Marola 07-04-2018 05:47 AM

Well, "way" might be an overstatement, but I have no desire to ever watch this video again and Solara I'm at least tempted to give further shots

Corgan's Bluff 07-04-2018 06:28 AM

"Retarded in All Ways" to give these dolorogenic videos many shots.

James and Jimmy joining Solara make this concoction even more forbidding, a demise of old legacy.

Mals Marola 07-04-2018 01:52 PM

Even Siamese Dream took more than a couple of listens before I really liked it - I'm willing to at least give these new shits the time of day before fully flushing them

ninsp 07-05-2018 02:37 PM

Low point was Widow Wake My Mind Mormon choir

WakaFlocka 07-05-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4446812)
the absolute lowest point was the devi ever affair IMO

but this is the lowest artistic point

Forgive my ignorance here but could you explain why this was Corgan's lowest point? Devi-Ever from what I recall made guitar effect pedals right? Did he have a fallen out with the company or?

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeilandFan (Post 4446853)
The idea of a wrestling video is cool with me, I love wrestling just like Billy. The song just happened to unfortunately be one of the worst he's ever released.

I'm no wrestling fan by any means and him being involved with it and music doesn't bother me, but when he mixes the two it just becomes extremely cheesy and no good. Owata was another song completely butchered in the studio, listen to them play it live back on the Chris Isaac show in 2008 and it's really not terrible at all.

incubator 07-05-2018 03:17 PM

Billy said some..horrible, harsh things about Devi Ever.

I think if he said the same thing s about almost anyone else he would’ve been finished. Never work in this town again finished. But it was Devi Ever so everyone nodded and said “harsh...but yeah”

New Art Rioter 07-05-2018 03:38 PM

I don't think they did really? People were pretty disgusted here.

reprise85 07-05-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakaFlocka (Post 4447727)
Forgive my ignorance here but could you explain why this was Corgan's lowest point? Devi-Ever from what I recall made guitar effect pedals right? Did he have a fallen out with the company or?

Devi said something offhanded on Netphoria about him not using or paying for the pedal she custom made for him. He responded publically on twitter:

Quote:

@Billy: Devi Ever is a fucking asshole. His/her pedals suck. He/she sucks. Never associate my name and his/hers ever again. Pig. Ugly pig.

@Billy: Asking someone to build you a pedal in emulation of another pedal you like, and them sending you a piece a shit back is not creativity.

@Billy: And in fact he/she STOLE his/her pedal idea from another Portalnd pedal maker, which is far superior. Ugliness masking as blind ambition
and privately:

Quote:

you ugly piece of shit...if i ever run into you, anywhere, at anytime, for as long as i live, i will knock your fucking lights out. don't ever come near me, and if i hear even one more peep out of you in public about me, or the band, or the members of the band, i am gonna sue you for so much you'll never be able to afford so much as to even make a fucking guitar cable. i know plenty about copyright law, so before you run your trap anymore about what you think you know, or your delusional constructs of reality, know that to fight a lawsuit is at least a 30 to 40 thousand dollar endeavor. if you still got enough balls to go there, try me. nice to know you thought so little of me, and of us, but we're still willing to try to take advantage of a generous offer because you are a piece of shit and that is what fake pieces of shit do. at least i am real. unlike you, who is a sad creation. don't you say another word, or you'll be fighting something you can't afford and you'll lose everything. this will be the cost of you running your mouth on me ever again.

Quote:

DE- I wrote this in response to his message : You do realize your claims of me stealing a circuit is called Libel. I'd talk to your lawyers before sending any more threatening emails my way.

Also... you do realize you just threatened bodily harm if you ever saw me? You're not building much of a case for yourself legally, or in terms of publicity dude. Just drop it.

you do what you have to do you pig. but i'm telling you, you think you know what you are doing here with me, but you don't. if you just want to go to war, keep running your mouth. i;d like to see you try to sue me for libel. you don't have two nickels to rub together.you are a fake, a phony, a liar, and now a proven idiot. what artist will ever work with a manufacturer who disses her clients out? you are so fucking stupid. and you didn't even have the courage to deal with it in private. you run to a greek chorus of idiots to ape you on. like i said, one more word out of you in public and i will be suing you for ten times more than you'll make in the next ten years. and don't think i am one to make hollow threats. i've been in many lawsuits through the years, and haven's lost one yet. enjoy your 15 seconds of negative attention. you fucked up, you know it, so eat shit, shut the fuck up and accept you've attacked someone who tried to HELP YOU. but addicts and self-destructive people like you who HATE THEMSELVES must turn their hate out. if this is what you have to do to not kill your unhappy self, well then i'd say it was a wise decision. beyond that, you are fucking lame, dumb, and so so ugly.

Devi is a transwoman. Keep that in mind when you read "he/she" and "if you still have enough balls..." "sad creation" etc

reprise85 07-05-2018 06:29 PM

also note that he called netphoria a greek chorus of idiots... which is pretty funny

we have the thread still but devi deleted a lot of stuff so this thread on thepumpkins.net is probably cleaner if you want to have a gander at all the back and forth between billy/devi/netphoria

http://thepumpkins.net/forum/1-the-s...r?limitstart=0

BurtSampson 07-05-2018 06:32 PM

The DeviEver incident was the moment I realized I was done with Billy. I still love his old stuff and hope he makes some good music with James and I’m interested to hear a boot or two of the tour, but he’ll never get another fucking Buffalo nickel from me

MyKeyZ 07-05-2018 07:34 PM

What ThePumpkins.net thinks of Netphoria...

Quote:

"One of the real tragedies here is Billy reads Netphoria. Why risk a computer virus?"
Quote:

"That Netphoria site is a nightmare..... I mean it's not even endorsed by the SP Facebook page - why the hell is he involved there and not here???"
Quote:

"WHY ON EARTH are their fans on that virus site, as opposed to our fun loving community here"
Quote:

"I don't know, and I've never visited that site, but by the sounds of it I'm glad those people are staying over there - we don't like there kind round 'ere!"
Quote:

"No, I've never been a member of Netphoria. It's filled with obnoxious ads, distasteful and stupid people, and viruses."
Quote:

"Exactly! Maybe that's why Netphorians are so angry, all the viruses"
Quote:

"O was reading the Netphoria thread on this matter, and they were all "Fuck Billy I lost so much respect for him, HE IS SO INTOLERANT! Transphobic bastard!" But turn around, bash Monte, say they hate him and think he is evil for his beliefs, and say things like quote: "Mormons are the scum of the earth."

Fucking hypocrites, the lot of them. Corganist was the only one trying to deal in sense and balance, and they tore him down for "supporting" transphobic Billy, nevermind the whole rest of them ridiculing, crushing and insulting Monte in a manner equal to any insults Billy lobbed."

P.S.

Quote:

"When Oceania is the second coming of MCIS, everyone will forget."

A reply to this comment...

"So in other words, no one will ever forget!"
In the end...

Quote:

"Internet drama is silly. There are more important things to do with your life, my life, billy's life. Hug someone you love. Go enjoy a beautiful day. Write some music about your troubles. Do something daring you never thought you were capable of. Yesterday I hiked over a gigantic log jam and then swam through freezing water to see the lower Oneonta Falls...

... it was an incredible experience... got over a lot of fears that day... felt so invigorated and alive... and got me to thinking...

... the day I originally posted here.... instead of being a whiny bitch on Netphoria I should have gone for a hike, cooled off, then spoken with Billy privately about my disappointments with his reactions / non-reaction to my pedals over the years, but I still don't think that excuses Billy for going as far as he did in retaliation, and I'd still greatly appreciate if Billy apologized via Twitter, and perhaps donate to a trans-rights organization such www.transequality.org/ to make up for his hate speech and associated threats of trans-related-violence he wrote about in 2005 as well as his recent tirade.

That's all."

-devi
8.30.11""

reprise85 07-05-2018 08:48 PM

netphoria was a way more nasty back then and had virus ads that could destroy your computer in 10 seconds flat. i made the mistake of going on my dad's computer and thank fuck he had a backup from only a few days before.

reprise85 07-05-2018 08:50 PM

the viruses kept a lot of people away, especially potentially new boarders. decide for yourself based on the new people we get whether that was a good thing or not...

redbreegull 07-05-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4447773)
netphoria was a way more nasty back then and had virus ads that could destroy your computer in 10 seconds flat. i made the mistake of going on my dad's computer and thank fuck he had a backup from only a few days before.

I wrecked the family computer

smashingjj 07-05-2018 09:23 PM

For me it was the work pc, but after i'd already been laid off