Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ITT we discuss 1994-04-17 (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185388)

Ram27 08-15-2017 11:37 PM

ITT we discuss 1994-04-17

holy shit what a crazy show

http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp1994-04-17

Soma
Rocket
Geek U.S.A.
Disarm
Snail
Quiet
Cherub Rock
Drown [4:55]
Hummer [5:54]
Today
I Am One (with rant) [8:21]
Today (tease)

Encore One:
Silverfuck [10:04]
Over the Rainbow [Harburg/Arlen] (tease)

Encore Two:
Mayonaise

Encore Three:
Siva [5:34]
Star Spangled Banner [Key] (tease)
Spaceboy
Starla [10:06]
Stay with Me [The Faces] (tease)
Sweet Sweet (false start)
Sweet Sweet (false start)
Sweet Sweet
Today (tease)
Siva (tease)
Country Death Song [Violent Femmes] (tease)

Encore Four:
Hello Kitty Kat
Happy Birthday [Hill/Hill/Coleman] (tease)
Happy Birthday [Altered Images] (tease)
Rhinoceros
Girl Named Sandoz [The Animals] (tease)
Happy Birthday [Altered Images] (tease)
Bury Me
Stay with Me [The Faces]

Ram27 08-15-2017 11:45 PM

early appearance of jerkass corgan:

Quote:

Corgan: Wait a sec, have some people left? Have some people left? It looks like some people left. Well, if you know anybody who left tell them I said fuck off.

Shallowed 08-16-2017 02:49 AM

Pretty cool show

redbull 08-16-2017 10:06 AM

I'd cut my dick off for a copy of the board

Slurpee 08-16-2017 12:36 PM

This might be the only recorded instance of all four pumpkins being in a good mood at the same time.

Grox 08-16-2017 12:56 PM

yeah this is a great show, I was actually listening to 7/2/96 last night when they played the arena in Buffalo. Billy mentions how great this show was and how supportive Buffalo had been, and they even bring up the controversy that occurred surrounding this show, where some student organization petitioned for the Pumpkins not to play because they weren't "ethnic enough." at the '96 show they riff on this for a while, D'arcy: "Yeah, James. You weren't Japanese enough for them."

Ram27 06-18-2018 01:27 AM

Cool story from the LMA reviews

Quote:

I was there. First year in college. Here's what i remember about this show.

I worked crew via being friends with some ppl at the Student Union Board. I was a huge pumpkins fan, so I begged to work the show.

Staging was a nightmare. Couldn't fly anything. We had to stand on top of wobbly road cases with casters placed at the end of the stage and 10 crew members holding them in place to put up the P.A. stacks. Nervewracking.

I made friends with Billy's tech, and was able to hold the ruby/star strat while he did a quick paint job. I still have the set of Ernie Ball strings he took off of it.

Billy did a 1 hour soundcheck by himself, then a half hour just him and Jimmy, and then another half hour with the whole band, where they went through Hello Kitty Kat a couple times. I figured I'd hear some of Billy's arpeggiated improv from soundcheck on the Mellon Collie album when it came out, but no, i never heard it again. But it was definitely not just jamming, he was working something out.

Billy and Jimmy kept blasting the Batman movie soundtrack through the P.A. and playing conductor when the symphony came on.

Darcy was bitchy, only contact i had with her was when she was looking for a bathroom.

James was cool.

After the show i mentioned to the crew "Do they play this many encores every night?" and the guy was like "No, this was definitely not a normal night for them. They were having a lot of fun playing tonight."

A week or two before the show, the student union board recieved numerous bomb and death threats from angry students who were unhappy they put their money into a "white" band, and not a more culturally significant act. Make of that what you will. Billy made reference to this incident during the show, to the cheers of the audience.

A Chicago band "Red Red Meat" opened the show.

D. 06-18-2018 01:45 AM

I wouldn't mind hearing this but i have zero clue anymore how to go about doing that.

houseofglass11 06-18-2018 01:49 AM

O so sjw college students were a thing then too

myosis 06-18-2018 08:43 AM

no that's terrorists

Forgotten Child 06-18-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4443537)

Quote:

Originally Posted by myosis (Post 4443556)
no that's terrorists

I'm glad to see you guys agree on that

MplsTaper 06-18-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. (Post 4443536)
I wouldn't mind hearing this but i have zero clue anymore how to go about doing that.

https://archive.org/details/tsp1994-04-17.flac16

Shadaloo 06-18-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4443532)
Billy and Jimmy kept blasting the Batman movie soundtrack through the P.A. and playing conductor when the symphony came on.

Nice

BurtSampson 06-18-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4443537)

Aww you wish you could’ve gone to college

topleybird 06-19-2018 04:43 PM

Listening to this for the first time, holy shit

I'm past the part where Billy accuses the student body of reverse racism, and the part where he stops I Am One to determine if anyone has heard the song before

Now I'm on Mayonaise and I can't fucking believe the concert is only like half over

If you're hoarding the soundboard of this, what on earth are you looking to get in trade for it at this point

Ram27 06-19-2018 08:05 PM

New music that doesn't suck?

either that or they're totally removed from giving a shit about the band

Ram27 06-19-2018 08:06 PM

Stay With Me [tease]