Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rolling "dreams recently dreamt" thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=182689)

ohnoitsbonnie 05-14-2015 07:05 AM

Rolling "dreams recently dreamt" thread

I can't find the other one so I figure you guys could merge it for me

I just dreamt this one. I was walking Katy in some neighborhood and tried to go thru a house of a nice lady. Then his guy pops out and shows me something gross or something. I can't remember. Then I'm sitting on my mom's bed and it must be in a museum or something now.., and all these cops are trying to convince myself to turn myself in for a mental health evaluation. Apparently a cop had harassed me like that guy but they were blaming me oh god I'm losing th details

Sonic Johnny 05-14-2015 07:23 AM

I went to my old work. The owner had removed everything from the restaurant and painted the inside with an ornate domed gold ceiling Which is absurd cause it's a downstairs restaurant with a flat above it. We sat at one end of a long, empty table, me and the boss. He asked me if I thought it was too early for a cheeky shot of ouzo. I looked at the tacky old clock from the restaurant which was for some reason the only fit out he had kept from the redecoration. It was 9AM.

Sonic Johnny 05-14-2015 07:28 AM

Best dream I ever had: I was suddenly the new drummer for Metallica. We were backstage waiting to go on and I'm freaking out cause I haven't learned any of the songs. We go out and there's like a gajillion people in this massive stadium, all the lights are going off and shit and I'm really panicking. I just start playing something vaguely metal and by some miracle it works with the song. Just as I'm getting into it I fuck up a pause and everyone stops playing and stares at me. Everyone in the stadium is dead silent and they're all staring at me in judgement. I'm totally frozen for an agonising momet, then I play some bullshit drum fill and the band comes back in and the whole thing looks staged for dramatic tension in my mind. As we're rocking out Kirk leans over to me and yells "DONT SWEAT IT MAN, LARS DID IT ALL THE TIME" and then I woke up.

Shallowed 05-14-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Johnny (Post 4185649)
As we're rocking out Kirk leans over to me and yells "DONT SWEAT IT MAN, LARS DID IT ALL THE TIME"

:rofl:

Shallowed 05-14-2015 07:56 AM

I have those kinds of dreams too sometimes. They are pretty cool, but just like in yours I always seem to be playing quite badly, not knowing what the hell I'm doing. At least it's not as bad as driving dreams, those are always disastrous.

Sonic Johnny 05-14-2015 07:58 AM

See when I have dreams where I'm doing something involving a skill I can usually do it significantly better than in real life.

ohnoitsbonnie 09-22-2015 01:12 AM

I bought an old Supra from a kid. Kinda obsessed with the idea now

ohnoitsbonnie 09-22-2015 01:12 AM

I'm your TestaRossa

teh b0lly!!1 09-22-2015 03:32 AM

i've been having disturbing nightmares literally every day for the past two months at least

maybe nightmares are the wrong word but they are always upsetting and stay with me long after i woke up

teh b0lly!!1 09-22-2015 03:39 AM

here's the last one.

i climb up some stone or red brick stairs, with bushes and flowers and plants barging in through the fences on the sides. it's fairly narrow. the stairs are reminiscent of the kind there were where my childhood home used to be. i go up and suddenly i see a metallic blue sports car, honda i think, the two seat kind, just parked across the stairs. i kind of squeeze through the side, pressing my hand again the window of the car, and as i do that, i notice that it's sort of dewy on the inside, which makes it clear somebody's in there.
after i get past the car i look back on it. the door opens, and a fairly big human-like rat tumbles out of it. it's a she. she looks dazed and confused. she was just in a car accident (although the car was in perfect shape when i got past it). i ask her, "oh my god, are you all right?"

and she kind of takes a moment, soaks up the question, and expressively asks me back the exact same question. i ask, "what happened?", same thing.

there were a couple more questions and then i woke up.

Shallowed 09-22-2015 04:21 AM

I had a period a little while ago where I was continually having upsetting or nightmarish dreams. These days I hardly remember my dreams at all when I wake up, but they haven't been upsetting. Maybe the nightmares will pass for you too.

Starla 09-22-2015 07:25 AM

I had a dream last week that an asteroid crashed into the lake, and caused the water to rise up higher than my apt building, and then the apt building bowed in the center and exploded.

Starla 09-22-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4221596)
i've been having disturbing nightmares literally every day for the past two months at least

maybe nightmares are the wrong word but they are always upsetting and stay with me long after i woke up

So have I :( I also had a dream that I had to shoot someone that was coming after me in a park. My hands were shaking and I couldn't steady the gun. I don't know, but it's been violent in my dreams.

ohnoitsbonnie 09-22-2015 08:40 AM

Yeah, I've been going thru a weird dream time too. Teh bolly, was it an s2000?

Cool As Ice Cream 09-22-2015 08:54 AM

everyone's dying and it wasn't a dream

reprise85 09-22-2015 09:05 AM

My nightmares have eased up lately. I'm used to having them most nights (PTSD symptom) but haven't had many that I remember recently. I'm also used to having recurring dreams - at its worst point, I'd have the same two or three dreams over and over and over for years at a time. One I've notice is mostly gone is this one about my grandmother. In it, she's alive but dying (she died 4 years ago) and I'm confused because I know she died and people are acting like it's no big deal that she is somehow back from the dead and no one is staying with her while she's dying again.

teh b0lly!!1 09-22-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4221615)
Yeah, I've been going thru a weird dream time too. Teh bolly, was it an s2000?

i'm not sure it was an actual existing model.
more like one of those douchey civics

edit: yeah it was pretty much this one

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HGiyKMjagXc/hqdefault.jpg

ohnoitsbonnie 09-22-2015 02:07 PM

.... I drive a douchey civic.

ohnoitsbonnie 09-22-2015 02:08 PM

Lots of dreams about my BF and pedophilia lately, which has nothing to do with real life. I think I have these dreams with any boyfriend. Woke up and had my period and was happy

ohnoitsbonnie 11-12-2016 12:23 AM

The night after the election I tossed and turned and dreamt of people turning in ballots (this is not how we vote in NJ) but they were all wrong and I had lots of communication errors and stuff. Then I woke up and it was 3 am so I googled "election" and was disappointed that Trump won.

reprise85 11-12-2016 06:10 AM

i had a dream where i was with 4 other people and we snuck in billy's house and stole a recording of original band playing "This Is It" live... and then he chased all of us and for punishment he pulled off all of our thumb nails. but i got away somehow and went into some random person's house to take a shower (for some reason) and i heard them come inside and then i woke up for work

Cool As Ice Cream 11-12-2016 06:28 AM

i was at an airport but lost my boarding pass. it had fallen out of my rucksack.
the dream had a lot of running around, trying to find it, getting more and more panicky that i would miss the flight.
and that was it. then i woke up.
disappointing. D-

noyen 11-12-2016 12:01 PM

last night I dreamt that somebody loved me

Cool As Ice Cream 11-12-2016 12:32 PM

A+

crabshack 11-12-2016 11:10 PM

del

ohnoitsbonnie 11-13-2016 03:38 PM

So I had this dream right before I woke up this morning: I was working in this very boring city full of new highrise apartments, all with identical in floorplan but not styling, located in the lobbies. All of the buildings were connected by tunnels underground. My boss told me to stay near an Italian place called Gargiulo's, because she was running late and we were going to have dinner there. I remember some kind of demonstration of boiling the bottom of a very small pizza (I assume in a lye solution to ensure a pretzel-like bottom). I wandered into the gift shop where one of the employees was named "Mike". I asked him if he was Mike Gargiulo, and he replied yes. Then I was texting my Mike and he said he knew him while he lived in Staten Island (uh, he's never lived there. I have. It made sense in the dream).

teh b0lly!!1 11-13-2016 08:58 PM

tonight i dreamed that i was woken up to sounds of horrifying drills, hammer bangs, and people viciously knocking on my door. once i opened it, the person (who was wearing a blue nylon suit uniform) insisted to come inside my house and take apart the pipe leading up to the sink. then i said in flawless chinese, "you better step off esse, you picked the wrong morning to fuck with me" and proceeded to crush him into a fine powder.

oh no - wait, that ACTUALLY HAPPENED. well except the powder thing.
the chinese people's (lack of) idea of privacy is quite unbelievable sometimes.

ohnoitsbonnie 11-13-2016 09:57 PM

Culture clash

Anthony_Kiedis 11-16-2016 11:22 PM

Love mixed with the rapture of sex

reprise85 11-16-2016 11:57 PM

i was in some kind of quantum leap scenario and lept into a person in england and was trying to drive on the left side of the road and it was very challenging