Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   let's talk about the VOCALS (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=91159)

abyopp 04-20-2005 06:56 PM

let's talk about the VOCALS

can i just say, and i say this in 100% percent seriousness, the vocals on A100 are fantastic. i was expecting it to be pretty good, but in all honesty, this track is much, much better than what i thought i'd be hearing when the first track came out.

the vocals throughout this part are chilling:
"i could love you ..... i would say empty ...... some might say my love ....."

i know each track is going to be some what different from this, and in some cases this track might be the most 'left field' track on the album. be that as it may, if half of the other songs are as good as this, then i'll be tinkled pink.

Siddhartha 04-20-2005 07:07 PM

Please!! Could someone write the whole lyrics? I'm Spanish and that would help me!! Thanks a lot!

And yeah, Billy's voice sounds excellent!!

Sloppy Echo 04-20-2005 07:16 PM

His voice is really a stand-out in this track, especially in the chorus part.

neopryn 04-20-2005 08:30 PM

i guess because i hadn't listened to any of his stuff in so long, i forgot what a unique voice the guy has. this is one of his better performances too, very nice.

abyopp 04-20-2005 08:33 PM

best part of the song IMO : 2:32 - 2:41

just plain intense and awesome.

wHATcOLOR 04-20-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by neopryn
i guess because i hadn't listened to any of his stuff in so long, i forgot what a unique voice the guy has. this is one of his better performances too, very nice.
this morning on my way to work i was thinking to myself, "i wonder if neopryn likes the pumpkins? i've never really seen him post much about billy or the pumpkins.."

i'm serious

Ad Hoc Alias 04-20-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by abyopp
best part of the song IMO : 2:32 - 2:41

just plain intense and awesome.

mark my words, when walking shade is heard, people are going to say those exact words about the final 20 seconds (or so) of vocals for that song

Rockin' Cherub 04-21-2005 12:46 AM

the vocals are by far the best thing about it. it's genius. people, the background vocals!!

Spaceboy88 04-21-2005 01:17 PM

His vocals have gotten 10x better since SP broke up. I think he's been working with a new vocal coach.

redbreegull 04-21-2005 09:29 PM

Ever since Adore, he's become much more concerned with vocal precision, where as previously he was just an angry rock singer. He'd hit wrong notes, he'd scream from his heart. Although I like his new style too, I miss the rock and roll singing.

Sloppy Echo 04-21-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ciGarki
i was going to put the loveless cover as my avatar the other day. you beat me to it you piece of shit
Right on.

Affectation 04-22-2005 05:26 AM

Why do the fake newbies crawl out of the woodwork around the time a new album is released. People just aren't that crazy for Corgan in real life. Especially to be turned on again so hard they find Netphoria.