Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pic Post (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185014)

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 12:36 PM

Don't get discouraged. I made and continue to make a lot of mistakes. Once you start recognizing things it will snowball from there. My successes are what propelled me and made me hungry to know more

FoolofaTook 05-24-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4358182)
Yeah Newcombs is basically that. That was the first lesson of my field botany class, which is rudimentary but a wonderful option even for those not majoring in something scientific. We'd travel out to parks and were instructed to find some wildflowers in bloom and identify them as best as you can by keying with the newcombs. It gets more boring from there (as a profession) but this is a good way to immerse yourself in nature and learn for sure. You're within the range of Newcomb's so I definitely suggest this method, Run2Pee

I would like to do this too. I need a hobby. Besides smoking weed.

FoolofaTook 05-24-2017 12:47 PM

And working out, of course.

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 12:47 PM

Well go for it. It's fun and I believe in all of ya

FoolofaTook 05-24-2017 02:48 PM

But first I have to get stoned and watch Spirited Away for the fourth time.

FoolofaTook 05-24-2017 02:48 PM

:)

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 02:53 PM

When chihiro is hiding in the garden of the bathhouse there are some beautiful and accurately drawn hydrangeas and azaleas. These are plants that were developed in Japan but also planted for ornament in the northeast USA , because we have a very similar climate

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 05:29 PM

I came home early today and found them like this :3 rats are crepuscular so they sleepy during the day. Also! Colbert mentioned that he was sad that Trump has taken his time away so he can't go to a "rat cafe" in San Francisco!

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 08:28 PM

lol I think they're meant to represent them

fuzzyroes 05-24-2017 08:34 PM

well, if there's one thing that rats represent; it's the downtrodden beings of the animal society. I suppose we can all in some ways relate to the little buck-tooth rodents

ohnoitsbonnie 05-24-2017 09:10 PM

They're sweet and playful pets. They're easier and less temperamental than cats for sure. Like tiny yet vet quiet little dogs that hold food in their hands.

fuzzyroes 05-24-2017 09:18 PM

Even though it pisses me off to no end when those rodents find their way into my living space during the winter, I gotta admit, the hairless one is pretty cute with his curled little whiskers lol

vixnix 05-25-2017 09:28 PM

We made it, a month in the hotel. And now we're in the condo, which is also an IKEA showhome

This is the kids playing with the lego I painstakingly sorted and packed into snap lock bags, in our tiny living room, with our cheap IKEA furniture

fuzzyroes 05-25-2017 10:35 PM

It doesn't look like too bad of a hotel suite.

How's the journey been? have you been enjoying the adventure? Has there been any sort of culture shock at all?

vixnix 05-25-2017 10:56 PM

This is our apartment :). Though the hotel suite was pretty nice. Nothing fancy, but modern and comfy.

Heaps of culture shock...but a lot of Singapore is so westernized that it's comforting and familiar. Like IKEA for example. Though they call it EEE-kea, not EYE-kea, like we do. Probably more correct.

The biggest shock is the difference between rich and poor. It's hard to come to grips with. There are people that drive out of our condo complex in Porsches. And then workers who ride up, 8 of them riding on the open tray of the back of a truck, to sweep around the pool and weed the garden beds. I feel really uncomfortable about it.

teh b0lly!!1 05-25-2017 10:59 PM

i mean is it new to you that some people have it incredibly unfairly well and some people get it incredibly unjustly shitty?

teh b0lly!!1 05-25-2017 11:02 PM

your apartment looks really f'n beautiful

i hope you're having a smooth transition, as much as possible.
don't fight it, just let it wash over you and embrace the differences.
it can be really enlightening i think, when you just marvel at the sheer alien-ness of it rather than let it chafe against you.

if you feel like it post updates, i'd be curious to see how you're doing :)

vixnix 05-25-2017 11:03 PM

No...just new to me to see it with my own eyes, to such extremes. I remember feeling the same way in the u.s actually. I think NZ and Aus are just kinda sheltered from that. So for us it is part of the culture shock.

vixnix 05-25-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4358706)
your apartment looks really f'n beautiful

i hope you're having a smooth transition, as much as possible.
don't fight it, just let it wash over you and embrace the differences.
it can be really enlightening i think, when you just marvel at the sheer alien-ness of it rather than let it chafe against you.

if you feel like it post updates, i'd be curious to see how you're doing :)

Thanks tb. I probably will be on here posting updates a bit because I'm so lonely lol. So thanks for letting me know that one person is curious...

reprise85 05-25-2017 11:13 PM

i'm curious, too. looks nice there

can't you get caned as judicial punishment? and death penalty for drugs?

toase 05-25-2017 11:17 PM

I love big windows

ohnoitsbonnie 05-26-2017 12:11 AM

Glad you're all settled in. Try not to get too depressed and also be kind and generous to everyone. How are the boys taking it?

ohnoitsbonnie 05-26-2017 12:12 AM

Orlaya among the many Salvia officinalis volunteers. Forgot I had sowed this

redbreegull 05-26-2017 12:17 AM

look here you motherfuckers

smashingjj 05-26-2017 02:00 AM

where?

ohnoitsbonnie 05-26-2017 02:02 AM

I thought you didn't have a phone w/ texting capabilities?

vixnix 05-26-2017 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4358737)
Glad you're all settled in. Try not to get too depressed and also be kind and generous to everyone. How are the boys taking it?

They're ok. Distracted by afternoons of unlimited xbox and ipad use, swimming pools, and delicious singaporean food.

At the hotel we had a free buffet breakfast every morning that had cereal, yoghurt, fruit, hasbrowns, bacon etc. at one end and dim sums and BBQ pork buns and spring rolls at the other end. I can't believe they're not a couple of butterballs after that. They had 4 or 5 plates of food, every morning. Piglets

redbreegull 05-26-2017 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4358777)
I thought you didn't have a phone w/ texting capabilities?

lol my flip phone could text. I am an expert at texting with a keypad. I just got this thing hooked up. My friend gave it to me. Typing on the actual screen keyboard is hard :(

ohnoitsbonnie 05-26-2017 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4358784)
lol my flip phone could text. I am an expert at texting with a keypad. I just got this thing hooked up. My friend gave it to me. Typing on the actual screen keyboard is hard :(

Use your left pointer finger and right thumb and it'll be even harder