Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   the many examples of empathy to be found on Netphoria (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185649)

Catherine Wheel 10-30-2017 05:27 AM

the many examples of empathy to be found on Netphoria

RBG and Cool as Ice Cream calling fuzzy a retard and T&T telling me to kill myself. This is the type of stuff that you have to look forward to when you come to Netphoria. This is Netphoria. I'm offering something worthwhile here while others try to defend this place as it is. Reprise isn't steering people here in the right direction. She is too defensive of this place. You have to eventually look around and accept and acknowledge what you are really apart of when you come here.

Shallowed 10-30-2017 06:08 AM

Fuck off

Catherine Wheel 10-30-2017 06:08 AM

Why was T&T not banned for what he said but Trots said something similar to me and was banned? And have I mentioned that RBG continues to privately suggest that I should leave Netphoria. Of course that is when he's not bullying fuzzy.

Catherine Wheel 10-30-2017 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4392776)
Fuck off

I'm not the enemy here. You haven't figured that out yet. You're wasting your time.
You're fighting against something that's not worth fighting against.

Catherine Wheel 10-30-2017 06:15 AM

It's like most people here haven't discovered Zen and are completely misguided

buzzard 10-30-2017 06:30 AM

The Buddhist sect?

Catherine Wheel 10-30-2017 06:33 AM

Yes. And I don't know why Shallowed especially would defend this place seeing as how Trots used to bully him all the time on here.

pavementtune 10-30-2017 06:33 AM

nah not the sect, he meant Zen-Oh, that cute little bugger

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MalePlushKite-small.gif

Shallowed 10-30-2017 06:49 AM

Bruh it took me like one second to type "fuck off", how is that a waste of time?

smashingjj 10-30-2017 06:52 AM

just something to think about

smashingjj 10-30-2017 07:03 AM

thanks for the warning btw, i will keep this in mind when i visit this 'netphoria'.

you sure this is empathy that you're talking about? i'm not trying to question the expert here but i could have sworn this sounds like something else than empathy.

Ram27 10-30-2017 08:06 AM

fuck off

there is lots of empathy here. i have been on the recieving end of a lot of it. there are great people here

reprise85 10-30-2017 09:23 AM

oh gosh, i'm not steering people in the right direction. dereliction of duty!

i know you are specifically trolling me with this thread or perhaps you really don't look past the veneer to see the goodness of the forum (probably both), but just because people don't want to take your test or praise you for it doesn't mean there is something wrong with people. maybe... maybe... there is something wrong with your test, and you are completely condescending to everyone on the forum and unable to accept criticism, and that is why people treat you the way they do (not excusing anyone telling you to kill yourself but it does explain it)

FoolofaTook 10-30-2017 10:41 AM

Forget kimono sharter lets talk about something else.

reprise do you really have a 4.0? If yes that's awesome and how long have you maintained it?

reprise85 10-30-2017 01:40 PM

as of now, through 109 credits. including 15 credits AA-level honors courses and 6 credits honors seminar at upper level. plus about to finish a 3 credit honors thesis.

as of dec 14 i will have a honors BA in psychology, summa cum laude and a certificate in mental health (being vague as to the exact name to avoid IDing my university - but it's a state university/nothing special).

my classes this semester are easy AF and the thesis is pass/fail so as long as I finish the two class projects i have left i will get As. the tests are stupidly easy in all three of those classes. i'm only taking two of them because i need them for the certificate and already took all the hard classes (neuropsychology, psychology and the law, clinical psych) and the third class i'm taking is somewhat interesting (personality theories) but i mostly took it to secure a letter of recommendation from the professor. he is really into the theories though so it's pretty fun. never seen a better lecture about freud and believe me, i've seen about 10

i posted about this in the other thread but last week i sent my thesis adviser a copy of my thesis draft and he loved it, doesn't even think we need to meet to talk about it, and provided minor spelling/grammar suggestions but nothing even approaching major.

Ram27 10-30-2017 02:11 PM

goddamn, nice!

ha i think i said where i went to uni like 20 times on here

i took a psychology class in high school. i thought it would be interesting but the teacher was interminable. i just sat and read game of thrones instead

FoolofaTook 10-30-2017 02:22 PM

Wow that is so cool reprise. Good job. Your teachers must love having you in class. I am guessing you are going straight on to grad school huh? You will like it because you are a good student.

Ram instead of Game of Stoned you should read Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

redbreegull 10-30-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel (Post 4392777)
And have I mentioned that RBG continues to privately suggest that I should leave Netphoria.

is this some strange way of expressing I gave you rep telling you to fuck off

redbreegull 10-30-2017 02:54 PM

let the record show that my PUBLIC position is that mr. shorter can stick his typology so far up his ass he'll have personalities coming out of his mouth and eyes

redbreegull 10-30-2017 02:54 PM

and that he should fuck off and leave netphoria forever

reprise85 10-30-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4392807)
Wow that is so cool reprise. Good job. Your teachers must love having you in class. I am guessing you are going straight on to grad school huh? You will like it because you are a good student.

Ram instead of Game of Stoned you should read Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

I am on good terms with all the professors, yeah. I am quiet in most of my life but I do talk in class. Not like, excessively or annoyingly but most people don't at all. I am really not too worried about giving a wrong answer or whatever. I mean I do sometimes think about something I said and get really embarrassed but what the hell no one really cares, not in school

I hope I am going straight to grad school. I'm applying to 2 clinical programs - one is university of miami (they have an evo psych lab and I match highly to the professors running it. my thesis is evo psych based). and sam houston state university is a forensic program. i am intending on going into forensic psych no matter what but going to UM first would mean doing research related to evo psych (hopefully combined with forensic) where sam would be like all forensic all the time

i should prob apply to more but i dont think i will. each of these schools only accept about 10% of applicants

reprise85 10-30-2017 06:56 PM

i just spent like 4 hours trying to understand how e coli colonies play prisoner's dilemma-type games with each other (which i am too burned out to explain right now) and i finally understand it but i hate what I wrote and all that resulted in like 250 words. basically if all e coli acted fairly and just took what they needed from the environment the colonies would be bigger but what ends up happening is instead of naturally dying some cells survive and when there is a starvation condition those stronger cells that survived natural death in the cycle of cell life of e coli start proliferating and pretty soon 90% of the colony is death resistant but it's way smaller and each generation only 1% of cells survive so each generation is stronger than the last and they are constantly trying to fight each other for resources instead of just naturally going through the life cycle and creating a bigger colony

that's my ELI5

fuzzyroes 10-30-2017 08:11 PM

I have no idea what this guys test is all about and I never took it but I don't understand what all the vitriol is over. If he's trying to accomplish something, good for him. If you don't like the test, don't take it.

FoolofaTook 10-30-2017 08:13 PM

E coli sound like their from the balkan peninsula.

FoolofaTook 10-30-2017 08:15 PM

2 Grad schools is probably enough with your grades and gpa and strong recommendations. have you taken the gre yet?

redbreegull 10-30-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4392831)
I have no idea what this guys test is all about and I never took it but I don't understand what all the vitriol is over. If he's trying to accomplish something, good for him. If you don't like the test, don't take it.

"I have no idea what we're talking about at all, but I can't keep my mouth closed so here is an opinion based on nothing anyway."

fuzzyroes 10-30-2017 08:53 PM

That's not what I said, pal. I just don't care about the guys test, but if he's trying to get people to take it, so what? It's no reason to unleash such violent rhetoric on him.

Chill out and get yourself together man. You've been a loose cannon lately.

spidersoma 10-30-2017 09:01 PM

Not taking sides, I don't know but like 2 people on these boards these days - that said, this seems like a really good PM to send the Mods and not something to really post in a general chat forum where people will ignore the message and latch onto the method of delivery.

/2 cents

FoolofaTook 10-30-2017 09:05 PM

So your advocating snitching.

reprise85 10-30-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4392833)
2 Grad schools is probably enough with your grades and gpa and strong recommendations. have you taken the gre yet?

yeah i got 163 (93rd percentile) verbal and 155 (60 percentile) quant which is about 1350 on the old scale (very good but not great) and a 4.5 writing which is good but also not great. was pretty pissed at the 4.5, i'm an excellent writer. it's still 80-something percentile but whatever.

they are firmly in the top end or slightly over what those schools require.

UM i especially match well with, plus my thesis professor is a well known evolutionary psychologist with his own wikipedia page and everything (lol). like they will definitely know who he is. i am sure his recommendation will be great. he already sent it. the other two are a clinical forensic neuropsychologist who i've taken 5 classes with (fully 1/4 of my 3000/4000 courses) and a clinical health neuropsychologist who i've taken 2 classes with. i expect them also to be strong but i know my thesis professor might turn a head or two

thanks btw