Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   what are your fav shows up on the LMA (live music archive)? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187518)

trev 09-21-2019 03:33 AM

what are your fav shows up on the LMA (live music archive)?
 
post the links here, and maybe give 2 ratings - a rating on just the sound quality alone, and another rating of the performance itself.

to start off, this matrix mix of two AUD sources for the first zwan show sounds great:
https://archive.org/details/zwan2001-11-16.shn
sound 8/10
performance 8.5/10

houseofglass11 09-21-2019 06:07 PM

bbc live broadcast at manchester academy 1993 - 10/10 sound, 9 performance

del mar fairgrounds 94' (full show currently available on bootleg CD as 'inside the dream machine' and also on spotify) - 10/10 sound, 8 performance (awesome to hear an SD era 'bury me' performance)

Smashing Pumpkins Live at Messe-Congresscentrum B on 1996-04-19 - not long before Jimmy and Jonathan OD'd. Best version of "Disarm" ever. they do a great improv blues song in the middle of set, lol. 10/10 sound, 10/10 performance, and one of the best MCIS shows period. the performance of "fuck you" shows you what a great bassist D'arcy was, she holds it down flawlessly. you can hear Jonathan's contributions well on this show too. it's a shame that we were robbed of what this line up would have done in the future had things not gone south, the dude was a true pumpkin.
https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-....fm.d1t08.flac)

Ram27 09-21-2019 07:28 PM

https://archive.org/details/tsp1994-04-17.flac16

sound 1/10 - it's t r a s h

but the performance is like 11/10

this was a buffalo show, late in the SD tour.....band had a good night, played 4 encores [only time in SP history I think?]

trev 09-22-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4518517)
bbc live broadcast at manchester academy 1993 - 10/10 sound, 9 performance

del mar fairgrounds 94' (full show currently available on bootleg CD as 'inside the dream machine' and also on spotify) - 10/10 sound, 8 performance (awesome to hear an SD era 'bury me' performance)

do you have links for these two?

Funbags 09-22-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4518517)
the performance of "fuck you" shows you what a great bassist D'arcy was, she holds it down flawlessly.

Fuck You - https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-....fm.d2t03.flac

Geek USA :eek: - https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-....fm.d1t07.flac

Melvoin on Tonight Tonight - https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-....fm.d1t01.flac

trev 09-24-2019 03:20 AM

if someone was able to speed / pitch match these two recordings and mix them together i think it would be an awesome 1992 era boot:


sbd: https://archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.flac16

aud: https://archive.org/details/tsp1992-01-19.aud.flac16/


i'm thinking the sbd has been sped up a little, the aud sounds more natural in pitch to me but not 100% sure.

BumbleBeeMouth 09-24-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4518536)
https://archive.org/details/tsp1994-04-17.flac16

sound 1/10 - it's t r a s h

but the performance is like 11/10

this was a buffalo show, late in the SD tour.....band had a good night, played 4 encores [only time in SP history I think?]

That fucking setlist :banging::banging::banging::banging:

The first time i come up for air is spaceboy

BumbleBeeMouth 09-24-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4518569)


JC sounds like an AA gun on Geek there

BumbleBeeMouth 09-24-2019 08:42 PM

This one for me:

http://archive.org/details/tsp1997-01-08.flac16

The silverfuck


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019