Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   D’arcy is out (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185916)

TuralyonW3 01-21-2018 05:57 PM

D’arcy is out

http://blastecho.com/exclusive-darcy...pkins-reunion/

D’arcy Wretzky Will Not Be Part of Impending Smashing Pumpkins Reunion or Tour
Ex-Pumpkins Bassist: "I only found out yesterday the band has decided to go with a different bass player"
By blastecho on January 21, 2018

On Sunday (January 21), ex-Smashing Pumpkins bassist D’arcy Wretzky confirmed both the impending Smashing Pumpkins reunion, and that she will not be a part of a reunion and/or tour, set to begin this summer.
Speaking exclusively to BlastEcho via text, Wretzky wrote, “My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band. I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me].”

She added, “I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”
According to Wretzky, the band is planning to launch a summer tour featuring frontman Billy Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, original drummer Jimmy Chamberlain and, now a to-be-determined bassist, beginning in July.
At this time, Wretzky declined to provide additional details, but please stay tuned.

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:01 PM

well then i'm out too. so tired of being strung along, this just sucks. why decide to go with a different bassist? what the hell happened there?

reprise85 01-21-2018 06:13 PM

huh, didn't want to go on tour with a bassist who hasn't played bass in 15 years. surprise?

TuralyonW3 01-21-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4411207)
huh, didn't want to go on tour with a bassist who hasn't played bass in 15 years. surprise?

There’s absolutely no point in a “reunion” then

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:19 PM

from what i've understood she'd been practicing her ass off the past year in prep for this reunion. I just wonder what happened to the point they've decided to go on without her and just tell her now.

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 4411208)
There’s absolutely no point in a “reunion” then

my guess is that calling this 2007 part II experiment "reunion" has financial and hall of fame reasons. you know, bit like using the name Smashing Pumpkins at all since 2000...

not surprising to me, but this is
Quote:

She added, “I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”
you'd think with him charming around for 2 years now how Darcy is part of the family and he has regular contact with her, he would let her know she isn't included in these plans he apparently told her everything about - while leaving that tiny bit of info out.

good for her that she at least said "fuck it, and fuck your announcements of announcements, this time I'm gonna be the one announcing your reunion."
Bet he loves that.

Ram27 01-21-2018 06:20 PM

The only bad decision D'arcy made was to inclewd 'Blank' on Aeroplane instead of 'Towers of Rabble'

Billy's made about 800

Forgotten Child 01-21-2018 06:21 PM

The sad thing is that she sounds disappointed. She really wanted to be part of this...

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:23 PM

exactly. she deserves a shot at it.

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4411214)
The sad thing is that she sounds disappointed. She really wanted to be part of this...

yea, I read it that way too. With her band and um... personal history, I don't find it particularly amusing to play this game with her of all people.

countdown to the exclusive instagram announcement of announcement by bollster himself.

smashingjj 01-21-2018 06:30 PM

of course billy couldn't be bothered to inform her himself.

fuck this guy

T&T 01-21-2018 06:31 PM

She 100% looks a clown. I 'm sure it has NOTHING to do with why they excluded her.

she probably thought it was going to be a 9 show stint... like the arising tour. and then they'd all go home happy and cashing checks

TuralyonW3 01-21-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4411217)
of course billy couldn't be bothered to inform her himself.

fuck this guy

Well we don’t know that, she just says “I only just found about yesterday that the band has decided to go with a different bass player.”

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:31 PM

right, dang. you think "I only just found out today" does not mean "he only just told me today"? that would be even worse.

well, that SP tour announcement will at least be the most entertaining now since 2000.

Grox 01-21-2018 06:32 PM

I was just going to say the other day that D'arcy's ability and capacity to perform even at the level of a greatest hits tour may not be up to normal big rock band standards, let alone Billy's. She had issues in the 90s when she was well practiced. But wtf is BlastEcho? Can we get a more official source on this?

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:34 PM

since when has it mattered - for the original pumpkins - what playing "issues" anybody had live?
I would agree that it matters for "casting" touring bassists since then - with mild success. but since when does it matter for a reunion, per definition that should be the original band.
you think anybody would give a flying crap if she hits a wrong note on an actual reunion tour? nobody gave a crap in the 90ies, either.

T&T 01-21-2018 06:35 PM

This is how I imagine the conversation went:
"hey Billy, I saw on insta that james has been in the studio with you guys and all. But today I see you're saying there's only 2 more days of recording? uh, when am I gonna be laying down my bass parts? Should I get on a flight tonight???"
and then billy said ""Gimme 39 on 25!!!!!!!!"
to which she replied "oh fuck you billy. You're never going to stop being a narcissistic asshole. just fuck off and die."

Forgotten Child 01-21-2018 06:36 PM

Unless Billy has a very good reason - let's say, medical reasons - for not giving her a chance... anyway, such a let-down. D'arcy was never a great bass player, but I was under the impression the reunion would give them the chance to "finish" whatever they were not able to finish when they first broke up.

I have a feeling Billy is gonna ask Kate Cole to join the band for the tour...or maybe Jack Bates.

T&T 01-21-2018 06:37 PM

Billy's saving the D'arcy reunion for 2029!

and then the full band for 2040. Got to keep those announcements rolling. if you give the fans everything they want, they'll stop coming back.

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4411226)

I have a feeling Billy is gonna ask Kate Cole to join the band for the tour...or maybe Jack Bates.

whoever scores that touring gig now is pretty much fucked.

"yo here is the pumpkins reunion, over there on the stage, d'arcy however is home, hey crowd, how do you like me as bassist?"
the only exception to that reaction I can imagine is the bassist being Melissa, who certainly won't do it.

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:39 PM

Darcy killed it on bass anybody that says she sucked shut the fuck up.

Shadaloo 01-21-2018 06:42 PM

Oh for fuck's goddamned sakes

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:43 PM

seriously. the band is done lets all just move on already. god damn.

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:44 PM

I never saw the real Pumpkins, and I never expected to after all these years.

But lately well... hope dies last, I was thinking IF I get this one chance to see all 4, I'll probably travel to no matter what gig.

At least I saw Darcy live in 1998.
I love Darcy, whoever wants to shit on her as original member - suck my god damn dick and do it somewhere else, please, at least until I get over bummer news number 1045!

paranoid 01-21-2018 06:45 PM

thanks for that 2 year ride of hope, Billy.

Shallowed 01-21-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4411207)

It's not like Billy hired her originally because she was a good bassist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4411212)
you'd think with him charming around for 2 years now how Darcy is part of the family and he has regular contact with her, he would let her know she isn't included in these plans he apparently told her everything about - while leaving that tiny bit of info out.

It's pretty fucking cold to string her and the fans along like that, only to cut her loose.

Forgotten Child 01-21-2018 06:55 PM

We'll see what happens when Billy starts getting bad reviews about the fake reunion from the press. It's gonna be like 2007 all over again... "tis not working... It's the public's fault, it's jimmy's fault, it's James fault...".

pavementtune 01-21-2018 06:56 PM

the fun part is now he'll get the backlash before he even announced the tour. hihihi

FoolofaTook 01-21-2018 06:58 PM

It's jeff's fault

Corgan's Bluff 01-21-2018 07:04 PM

D’arcy Wretzky Will Not Be Part of Impending Smashing Pumpkins Reunion or Tour
Ex-Pumpkins Bassist: "I only found out yesterday the band has decided to go with a different bass player"
By blastecho on January 21, 2018

On Sunday (January 21), ex-Smashing Pumpkins bassist D’arcy Wretzky confirmed both the impending Smashing Pumpkins reunion, and that she will not be a part of a reunion and/or tour, set to begin this summer.
Speaking exclusively to BlastEcho via text, Wretzky wrote, “My apologies to all of the Smashing Pumpkins fans out there who are excited about this oncoming reunion tour of the original members of the band. I know this is a huge disappointment for me, as well, but it’s not going to happen [with me].”

According to Wretzky, the band is planning to launch a summer tour featuring frontman Billy Corgan, original guitarist James Iha, original drummer Jimmy Chamberlain and, now a to-be-determined bassist, beginning in July.
At this time, Wretzky declined to provide additional details, but please stay tuned.

http://blastecho.com/wp-content/uplo...eR-620x669.jpg