Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ITT post clips of Billy being a dick to James onstage (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185825)

Ram27 12-25-2017 07:46 AM

ITT post clips of Billy being a dick to James onstage

https://archive.org/download/tsp1994...4-04-21t13.mp3

Quote:

Corgan: ...and we are. So we'd like to do a- yeah, some blues.
(James plays generic blues riffs)
Corgan: Stop. Stop! (laughs). So we'd like to do an oldie for you.
Iha: It's kind of a sentimental night, and uh...
Corgan: Do you have to talk over every fucking intro?
Iha: What? Listen, miss... It's kind of a sentimental night, it's an old song...
Corgan: Do you want to start this song? You're doing it- would you feel better to start this song? Thank you.
Corgan: (sings) All... E minor. E minor, E minor! A, E minor, G, fuck you.

Funbags 12-25-2017 12:08 PM

^ I think James' playing Boys Don't Cry is actually a dig back at Billy getting butthurt.

ilikeplanets 12-25-2017 12:22 PM

I will look for clips later (maybe) but regardless of dickishness that's a good version of Snail. #missinsgthepoint

themadcaplaughs 12-25-2017 08:41 PM

AveryLoren 12-25-2017 09:15 PM

Think this was aimed at James because he didn't want to do the supposed last album (post MACHINA II)? The whole "this song has no future" line really alludes to that.

houseofglass11 12-25-2017 11:34 PM

There's plenty instances of Billy insulting James in very petty ways all throughout the liner notes of the MCIS and TAFH deluxe box sets.

AveryLoren 12-26-2017 12:19 AM

I forget just how recent their rekindled "friendship" is. It must really be hard working with Billy. I mean, James rather be in A Perfect Circle in 2017, than be in the pumpkins. That's really saying something.

Corgan's Bluff 12-26-2017 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funbags (Post 4405100)
^ I think James' playing Boys Don't Cry is actually a dig back at Billy getting butthurt.

Na, he played it even at a festival in Rio, where THE CURE were the next headlining band. He then mostly pissed off D'ARCY with his little solo act.

Corgan's Bluff 12-26-2017 12:26 AM

ilikeplanets 12-26-2017 12:40 AM

"i basically would've rewrote the whole album"

"how GENEROUS of you"

:rofl:

Corgan's Bluff 12-26-2017 12:57 AM

BILLY's butthurting camera dolly shots on JAMES:

https://youtu.be/9u6OsvDhEig?t=1h37m35s

houseofglass11 12-26-2017 03:17 AM

In the liner notes of the TAFH deluxe edition BC says James stopped contributing ideas to the band because he was saving them for his solo album. And he essentially says that every James song would be better if he had had more control over recording them. He insinuates that the only reason James had Nina Gordon sing on "...Said Sadly" was because he had a crush on her and that James never gets the girl, but he (BC) always gets the girl.

I hope James has enough self respect to never let the reunion happen. If someone had said shit like that about me or called me a "piece of shit, just the worst human being" you bet your ass I'd never work with them ever again. BC can continue to make subpar albums with that pssy yes-man Schroeder.

LaBelle 12-26-2017 04:38 AM

But billy corgan looks like a dick all of the time.

especially from behind.

Ram27 12-26-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4405198)
He insinuates that the only reason James had Nina Gordon sing on "...Said Sadly" was because he had a crush on her and that James never gets the girl, but he (BC) always gets the girl.

There was also some shit about how Billy came up with the '...' part of the title and James couldn't comprehend it

Ram27 12-26-2017 09:17 AM

He says on ...Said Sadly that "as happens in all of James' songs he never quite gets the girl" then says on Meladori Magpie "in the end - unlike James - I do get the girl"

run2pee 12-26-2017 09:34 AM

Something like "a strong effort for a lazy eye" re blew away on the Pisces reissue

What does that even mean omg whudda dickhead

Insight_Scoop 12-26-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram27 (Post 4405089)

Wow. That is outrageously cunty. Although he does seem to lighten up and laugh when James busts into boys don't cry.

Imagine working on a school project with billy, or playing pickup sports with him back then. Glad he seems to be have made a conscious decision to try and move away from that kind of shit.

panda show 12-26-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AveryLoren (Post 4405186)
I forget just how recent their rekindled "friendship" is. It must really be hard working with Billy. I mean, James rather be in A Perfect Circle in 2017, than be in the pumpkins. That's really saying something.

why wouldn't you rather be in APC? SP are nowhere near the band that they once were, and most people (who are still up-to-date with the modern rock and alternative scene) know that. not to mention that billy is well on the path of tarnishing the best of the SP legacy with shitty releases and projects.

cork_soaker 12-26-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight_Scoop (Post 4405246)

Imagine working on a school project with billy, or playing pickup sports with him back then. Glad he seems to be have made a conscious decision to try and move away from that kind of shit.

i want 25 on 32 do it

Shallowed 12-26-2017 03:33 PM

Billy, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.

themadcaplaughs 12-28-2017 10:09 AM

While warming up for the Storytellers appearance:

Billy: You're not allowed to talk. I talked...I talked to the VH1 people. They don't want you to talk.

James: I can't hear you.

MyKeyZ 12-28-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4405266)
Billy, let's face it. And I'm not being funny. I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.

Love that movie :)

T&T 12-28-2017 03:23 PM

billy is a much bigger cunt than harry.