Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I Know What You Did Last Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184617)

reprise85 03-22-2017 09:27 PM

yeah I've done it for as long as I can remember, too. i've never had anywhere near normal length nails, and once in a while i'll have one grow long enough to have a tiny bit of space under it and it feels so weird. and this is a tiny space, i can't imagine having half a centimeter or more of nail past the nail bed

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 09:32 PM

well gambling and drinking is fun. I can't really understand the appeal of gnawing on fingernails

LaBelle 03-22-2017 09:34 PM

I don't bite my nails, but I often put my hair in my mouth when distracted.
Hate it when I realize i'm doing that. ugh.

MyOneAndOnly 03-22-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4334580)
Fuzzy doesn't understand an incredibly common nervous compulsion but plays down his own alcoholism and gambling.

Classic.

he doesn't know the difference between OCD and being a degerate gambler

reprise85 03-22-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334582)
well gambling and drinking is fun. I can't really understand the appeal of gnawing on fingernails

there's no appeal it's a compulsion and when you fulfill it all is right with the world

ohnoitsbonnie 03-22-2017 10:17 PM

How can I even explain why I chew them? Wtf? Do you really wanna know why fuzzy

ohnoitsbonnie 03-22-2017 10:17 PM

Fake poster fake human.

ohnoitsbonnie 03-22-2017 10:18 PM

Anyone else bite the inside of their lips constantly?

qwerty sp 03-22-2017 10:29 PM

No

Trotskilicious 03-22-2017 10:30 PM

no but i run my tongue along the back of my bottom teeth

LaBelle 03-22-2017 10:42 PM

So after going to two interviews being pre-selected and starting training I got dismissed out of the job I was applying for due to "not fitting the profile"... the initial training had 6 people and they're only hiring 4, so I was one of 2 dismissed.

Which is total bullshit. It really hurt my confidence.

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4334580)
Fuzzy doesn't understand an incredibly common nervous compulsion but plays down his own alcoholism and gambling.

Classic.

That's Our Fuzzy! is filmed in front of a live studio audience

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4334625)
So after going to two interviews being pre-selected and starting training I got dismissed out of the job I was applying for due to "not fitting the profile"... the initial training had 6 people and they're only hiring 4, so I was one of 2 dismissed.

Which is total bullshit. It really hurt my confidence.

That sucks. Sorry to hear.

ohnoitsbonnie 03-22-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4334625)
So after going to two interviews being pre-selected and starting training I got dismissed out of the job I was applying for due to "not fitting the profile"... the initial training had 6 people and they're only hiring 4, so I was one of 2 dismissed.

Which is total bullshit. It really hurt my confidence.

Keep your head up. There's a lotta bullshit and unfairness out there unfortunately but you gotta keep on keeping on.

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 10:48 PM

I did the biting of the nails and the chewing of the cuticles from childhood well into my 20s. At some point about 10 years ago, I made the conscious decision to stop and quit cold-turkey. Haven't done it since, save for the odd piece of nail that sticks out on occasion.

My cuticles are still horribly scarred and mangled and will never heal. Even 10 years later, it looks like I still do it.

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:16 PM

Good grief, I only knew one person out of meeting endless people in my life who did this, and over at Netphoria it's pretty much a normal occurrence.

Is there anyone on this forum who isn't a little touched in the head?

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:16 PM

and yes, I'm including myself in the dysfunction... But my god, this is one fucked up bunch of people

Trotskilicious 03-22-2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334643)
Good grief, I only knew one person out of meeting endless people in my life who did this, and over at Netphoria it's pretty much a normal occurrence.

Is there anyone on this forum who isn't a little touched in the head?

fight

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 11:18 PM

You remind me of Steve Buscemi's Mad Hatter in that SNL skit from the '90s

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4334600)
there's no appeal it's a compulsion and when you fulfill it all is right with the world

well that's pretty much just straight up insanity. It's what serial killers say about murdering people. Only difference is you guys are directing the insanity in something harmless and banal. But quite honestly, I'd try to nip those compulsions in the bud or they will leak into other areas of your life as you get older.

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 11:20 PM

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l.../2870441?snl=1

No YouTube as far as I can tell :(

FlamingGlobes 03-22-2017 11:21 PM

Video probably won't load. Suffice it to say fuzzy, you've ruined our tea party.

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4334607)
How can I even explain why I chew them? Wtf? Do you really wanna know why fuzzy

I'm genuinely curious.

Do you not have mental control of your own physical functions? You have no control over gnawing on your fingers? For what reason? what purpose?

I can see compulsions with sex, drugs, alchohol, gambling... Hell I can even sort of see why nymphos bother... But gnawing on your fingers? That's some pretty weird shit.

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes (Post 4334649)
Video probably won't load. Suffice it to say fuzzy, you've ruined our tea party.

sorry to reign on your guys' fingernail biting extravaganza

Shallowed 03-22-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334582)
I can't really understand

Of course you don't, that's because you're an utter braindead idiot.

reprise85 03-22-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334647)
well that's pretty much just straight up insanity. It's what serial killers say about murdering people. Only difference is you guys are directing the insanity in something harmless and banal. But quite honestly, I'd try to nip those compulsions in the bud or they will leak into other areas of your life as you get older.

It's why you drink, and why people overeat, and why people do drugs, but it's much less harmful. Comparing it to serial killing is pretty dumb, and if you are going to do it I'd wager your little compulsion is much more harmful

I mean I'm not saying it's a good thing, obviously. But it's a very common behavior and not weird

LaBelle 03-22-2017 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334643)
Good grief, I only knew one person out of meeting endless people in my life who did this, and over at Netphoria it's pretty much a normal occurrence.

Is there anyone on this forum who isn't a little touched in the head?


LaBelle 03-22-2017 11:32 PM

It's totally a normal thing. I know TONS of people who bite their nails and while they are all kinda crazy in some ways, that's not the reason why.

It's so common that there are expressions like "nail-biting" to describe tense films/experiences/etc

buzzard 03-22-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4334651)
sorry to reign on your guys' fingernail biting extravaganza

I realize that we weren't all fortunate enough to grow up donning jodhpurs on a Saturday morning, but all this "reign" business needs to go.

Not that you'd "rein" on somebody's parade, though, if that's where you were going with that one.

fuzzyroes 03-22-2017 11:35 PM

Getting drunk and gambling is fun though. Eating is fulfilling and releases endorphins so even that makes sense to me... having ticks that you can't stop where you're physically doing something bizarre like tearing apart your fingernails with your own teeth... that is less easy to rationalize.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019