Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pokemon GO (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185314)

wHATcOLOR 07-24-2017 11:45 PM

Pokemon GO

which members of this board enjoy playing Pokemon GO?

i've had quite a bit of free time in recent months and enjoy it a lot. would be fun to chat w/ some people here about it.

i recently was on a rampage taking over local gyms left and right and then all of the sudden these Blisseys have been smoking me

took good advantage of the double points lately though :smoke:

FlamingGlobes 07-24-2017 11:47 PM

I don't go outside.

wHATcOLOR 07-24-2017 11:52 PM

fair point. i've gotta say, there are times when i feel so content to stay inside, and then i go outside to get a little 'mon action, and i always end up glad that i did it

reprise85 07-25-2017 12:03 AM

last summer when it first dropped i played a lot. not since then though

wHATcOLOR 07-25-2017 02:15 AM

did you like playing it?

teh b0lly!!1 07-25-2017 03:07 AM

is that the game that makes people fall off of cliffs and get run over?

vixnix 07-25-2017 03:32 AM

My kids got me into it and I was a bit obsessed for a while last year. It's pretty fun. My brother's a poke nerd from way back and he liked collecting but felt the battling was a bit shit so he stopped playing when he completed his pokedex. I just like collecting, too. Hvennt played since we moved here but it's insanely popular here. Lots of adults play it.

LaBelle 07-25-2017 07:55 AM

I was super into it when it came out. Interest dropped significantly when I managed to catch my Koffing.

LaBelle 07-25-2017 08:09 AM

Pokemon WENT

Cool As Ice Cream 07-25-2017 08:10 AM

Pokemon STAY AND HAVE ANOTHER DRINK

reprise85 07-25-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4373805)
did you like playing it?

I did, but I become somewhat obsessed. I even spent some money on it. But once classes started again full time I dropped it completely. Had no more time. I had a good collection and was fighting in gyms and the whole thing. I never ever liked Pokemon before

freshfacedyouth 07-25-2017 11:11 AM

i had a good time playing it last summer, but my friends and i and everybody else i knew collectively dropped it around the same time school began. i would've stuck with it if other people had, but i knew it was never going to last, just like every other popular trend ever. it was cool it became such a phenomenon though and i wish it had lasted

what's this summer's equivalent? fidget spinners? jesus

cork_soaker 07-25-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4373810)
is that the game that makes people fall off of cliffs and get run over?

yes, it specifies "for children and fools only" on the side of the box

LaBelle 07-25-2017 11:35 AM

The virtual box.

not an euphemism.

wHATcOLOR 04-06-2018 05:05 PM

bump

who here is playing this?

i finally got an EX raid pass!!!!! the only problem is that it is for next saturday at a gym in new york city that i hit last week when visiting, and i live on the other side of the country

:confused::cry::rofl::beatup::dammit::erm::think: :)

ilikeplanets 04-06-2018 06:45 PM

i played gameboy pokemon quite a bit so i found this severely lacking

Tchocky 04-06-2018 09:58 PM

Level 25 pisser here.

Got my first MewTwo a few weeks ago. Last ball, fingers numb cos it was freezing out, wet smartphone screen due to snow, managed to pull off an excellent curve ball and bagged the androgynous test-tube baby.

Fonzie 04-07-2018 12:28 AM

Get a loada these clowns.

yo soy el mejor 04-07-2018 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4431515)

i finally got an EX raid pass!!!!!

what's that?

wHATcOLOR 04-07-2018 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchocky (Post 4431549)
Level 25 pisser here.

Got my first MewTwo a few weeks ago. Last ball, fingers numb cos it was freezing out, wet smartphone screen due to snow, managed to pull off an excellent curve ball and bagged the androgynous test-tube baby.

no shit?? im lvl 35, just got that ex raid pass. congrats man - that's always so exciting when you're down to 1 and you snag it with an excellent curve. and the cold and snow just adds to it. well done, that's awesome!!

wHATcOLOR 04-07-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4431572)
what's that?

there's a mechanism in the game where the only way you get a chance to catch a specific rare pokemon (mewtwo) is to receive an invite to a special event. the event is called an Ex Raid, and the invite is an ex raid pass. the issue is that they are SUUUUUPER rare, somewhat random, and they are for a short window of time on a specific day in a specific location (it will be a location you have previously interacted with).

so i was in nyc last week, and this morning got invited to an ex raid at this place in manhattan for an hour or so next saturday, but i'm back in california, and it's unclear if i'll ever get another chance at this. have been playing since september 2016 and have opened the app pretty much every single day for the last year or so

smashingjj 04-07-2018 06:50 AM

my ex had a raid

smashingjj 04-07-2018 06:52 AM

say for instance her name was x. I got my x-rated ex x raided.

smashingjj 04-07-2018 06:53 AM

well that was completely :erm:

I just crave love and attention, like most people

yo soy el mejor 04-07-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4431596)
there's a mechanism in the game where the only way you get a chance to catch a specific rare pokemon (mewtwo) is to receive an invite to a special event. the event is called an Ex Raid, and the invite is an ex raid pass. the issue is that they are SUUUUUPER rare, somewhat random, and they are for a short window of time on a specific day in a specific location (it will be a location you have previously interacted with).

so i was in nyc last week, and this morning got invited to an ex raid at this place in manhattan for an hour or so next saturday, but i'm back in california, and it's unclear if i'll ever get another chance at this. have been playing since september 2016 and have opened the app pretty much every single day for the last year or so

how many more pokemon do you gotta catch?

does it log your steps taken, too? (aka what else do you get out of game-play except braggin' rights)

Tchocky 04-07-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4431595)
no shit?? im lvl 35, just got that ex raid pass. congrats man - that's always so exciting when you're down to 1 and you snag it with an excellent curve. and the cold and snow just adds to it. well done, that's awesome!!

Thanks.

He was a 93% IV too, per PokeGenie, so that was nice as well.

Ram27 04-07-2018 07:11 PM

to the polls

FoolofaTook 04-08-2018 09:08 AM

wHATcOLOR 04-08-2018 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4431627)
how many more pokemon do you gotta catch?

does it log your steps taken, too? (aka what else do you get out of game-play except braggin' rights)

well one of the objects of the game is to try to catch one of every kind "gotta catch 'em all". but there's no penalty or anything for not catching a certain amount. so far they've released 384 different ones. i have 329

it logs steps taken if you have the app open when walking (and distance helps you achieve certain objectives, like hatching eggs or earning candy you can use to evolve or power up pokemon

you can also battle, and now there are research quests. but no in the end of it, you don't really "get" much out of game play

wHATcOLOR 04-08-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tchocky (Post 4431718)
Thanks.

He was a 93% IV too, per PokeGenie, so that was nice as well.

dope.

i was so PISSED when IV GO app was diabled. how do you like pokegenie? IV GO did all my pokemon at once, which i loved... what alternatives exist now, do you know?