Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Billy's Q&A on Instagram (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186557)

themadcaplaughs 07-31-2018 08:43 AM

More than any of the drama with prior band members, I'd love to know what happened between Billy and Kerry. They seemed like great friends for 20 years, and all of a sudden Billy shit cans Kerry and Kerry goes to Hipsters United to troll Billy.

Zer0 Hour 07-31-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs (Post 4453999)
More than any of the drama with prior band members, I'd love to know what happened between Billy and Kerry. They seemed like great friends for 20 years, and all of a sudden Billy shit cans Kerry and Kerry goes to Hipsters United to troll Billy.

I have no idea of the specifics, but I'm sure that you could trace it back to Billy just being a dick in some way. I feel like that's the answer to every falling out that Billy has had with anyone in the past 30 years. Well, maybe not Courtney; she burns as many bridges as he does.

DaveKShape 07-31-2018 10:09 AM

Wasn't there something where they started a record label together and Kerry wanted Billy to front the $$$ or something?

johncg 07-31-2018 06:36 PM

Taking a shot at Mike Byrne

Taking a shot at Flood

Pretentiously describing his own album as historically important

Taking a shot at James

Bragging about his own work again

Creepily being a fan of his own music

Trying to sound cool and humble but it’s just awkward and ill-placed and you know he wants to go off on a rant about how great MTAE is.

As usual, Billy fails to even do a simple fan Q+A without coming across as a completely sour narcissistic douche cunt.

DemonUnicorns 07-31-2018 07:34 PM

will you give it a rest

thanks for posting these, but really

houseofglass11 07-31-2018 08:18 PM

Someone should ask him if he actually thinks Sugar Ray was a good band.

I can see his bullshit PR response now:

"Absolutely, one of the most important bands of 90's. Mark is very talented"

Mals Marola 07-31-2018 08:32 PM

Those singles tho

fluxequalsrad 07-31-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4454152)
Someone should ask him if he actually thinks Sugar Ray was a good band.

I can see his bullshit PR response now:

"Absolutely, one of the most important bands of 90's. Mark is very talented"

"Mark McGrath is an incredible songwriter"

johncg 07-31-2018 08:56 PM

The Donald Trump of alternative rock

Mals Marola 07-31-2018 08:59 PM

Ok Pajo

ninsp 07-31-2018 10:00 PM

Sugar Ray had some jams

WeilandFan 07-31-2018 10:03 PM

Sugar Ray sound like Metallica compared to the stuff currently dominating alternative radio like Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:03 PM

The James comment really makes me sick to my stomach, especially.

It reeks so much of envy and disrespect even as he thinks he’s being witty and generous, and validates Darcy’s comments about him being jealous of her and James.

ninsp 07-31-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncg (Post 4454187)
The James comment really makes me sick to my stomach, especially.

It reeks so much of envy and disrespect even as he thinks he’s being witty and generous, and validates Darcy’s comments about him being jealous of her and James.

What?

You’re reading too far into it

It’s a friendly comment

johncg 07-31-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeilandFan (Post 4454186)
Sugar Ray sound like Metallica compared to the stuff currently dominating alternative radio like Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots.

Man is that ever true.

And Mark killed it on Rock n Roll Jeopardy!

DemonUnicorns 07-31-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4454188)
What?

No kidding. The automatic hate for Billy is really showing.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

What?

It’s a friendly comment

No, I’m not. I have a lot of personal experience with narcissists and have been watching Billy for a long time. This is textbook. The real message is always right underneath the surface.

Why couldn’t he just be gracious and say something nice about his friend’s positive qualities ? Saying it’s good genes and free shampoo takes all possible credit away from James and makes it sound like, “the bastard just got lucky.”

He was literally slow-pitched an opportunity to compliment James in a fan Q+A and took a big dump all over home plate instead. When you’re in a band you’re supposed to opportunities like that to build your friends up, not subtly undermine them.

Pure fucking up-your-ass narcissism. Classic Billy.

WeilandFan 07-31-2018 10:12 PM

Yeah, I don't see how anybody thinks Billy is throwing shade at James with that. He was always pretty direct when insulting James: Worst human being I've ever met, piece of shit, wrote a song called Krapola, only cared about getting paid and laid.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:15 PM

Quote:

What?

It’s a friendly comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonUnicorns (Post 4454190)
No kidding. The automatic hate for Billy is really showing.

I dunno. Am I?

Last I checked 90% of what people have said and written about Billy publicly over the last 30 years amounts to “he’s a self-absorbed prick and obsessed with himself.” And he’s has burned bridges spectacularly with almost everyone he’s ever worked with.

I’m pretty sure he’s not a nice or humble person based on that fact alone.

redbreegull 07-31-2018 10:18 PM

you're stretching, guy

ninsp 07-31-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncg (Post 4454191)
No, I’m not. I have a lot of personal experience with narcissists and have been watching Billy for a long time. This is textbook. The real message is always right underneath the surface.

Why couldn’t he just be gracious and say something nice about his friend’s positive qualities ? Saying it’s good genes and free shampoo takes all possible credit away from James and makes it sound like, “the bastard just got lucky.”

He was literally slow-pitched an opportunity to compliment James in a fan Q+A and took a big dump all over home plate instead. When you’re in a band you’re supposed to opportunities like that to build your friends up, not subtly undermine them.

Pure fucking up-your-ass narcissism. Classic Billy.

You’re a complete moron

Go play in traffic

johncg 07-31-2018 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeilandFan (Post 4454192)
Yeah, I don't see how anybody thinks Billy is throwing shade at James with that. He was always pretty direct when insulting James: Worst human being I've ever met, piece of shit, wrote a song called Krapola, only cared about getting paid and laid.

It’s subtle. But it’s there. Certainly, he couldn’t go off and say anything overt when his whole “get me outta this wrestling hole” tour is riding on James’ participation.

It’s not an overt attack. It’s just douchey.... like the comment about the production of “Jerry.” Why on earth would you say something like that publicly? Flood is a world renowned producer. Why risk saying something about his
work that could hint at disrespect?

He wonders why Dave Grohl “gets a pass.” It’s cause Dave Grohl doesn’t ever say anything but nice things about anyone. Cause he’s not a jerk.

redbreegull 07-31-2018 10:28 PM

what the fuck are you even talking about

ninsp 07-31-2018 10:28 PM

What is going on with all these random ghost bullshitters like Solara flame and this guy

johncg 07-31-2018 10:33 PM

A gracious human being would have capitalized on those questions as opportunities to cast a bit of the spotlight on others is all I’m saying. He’s not overly attacking or being a jerk...he’s just wrapped up in his own head and ego, and saying things that are neutral at best and could easily be perceived as disrespect at worst. It’s just sad and it completely falls in line with everything everyone has said about him over the years.

At least now we know that TFE is a historically significant work though lol. Who the hell says that about their own album!!!! Come on guys.

slayed23 07-31-2018 10:35 PM

Dude, you really are just trolling at this point.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:36 PM

I can’t really respond to criticisms of my reasoning that don’t address anything I said. Maybe I’m wrong, that’s cool. I’d appreciate it if you could express why though.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:36 PM

Billy is nice. Sorry.

johncg 07-31-2018 10:40 PM

At the very least can we agree that a musician who refers to their own failed album as “too far ahead of its time” is a little bit of a douche bag? lol

redbreegull 07-31-2018 10:40 PM

you're just being kind of crazy so it's hard to approach you on a look let's debate this seriously level. also no one gives a fuck