Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Awesome chick fronted band... Any of you guys listen to the band Damone? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184912)

fuzzyroes 05-05-2017 07:26 PM

Awesome chick fronted band... Any of you guys listen to the band Damone?

This is seriously my kind of band. It's great to see a woman front-person who can actually play. None of this barre-chord only shit like we see from the Joy Formidable (even though I like that band) and other groups.

- If you like listening to hipster shit and like Father John Misty, please, don't even bother listening to this... It's not music for you

Their big hit:

Better taste of what the band has to offer:

fuzzyroes 05-05-2017 07:30 PM

If yer wondering what they sound like, think Weezer meets Thin Lizzy.

reprise85 05-05-2017 08:10 PM

here's an awesome chick fronted band, and she's an amazing guitarist:

but she's old and also a lesbian so you probably hate her

reprise85 05-05-2017 08:13 PM

also that first song is like guitar by numbers i don't know what you're even talking about. not that it's a terrible song or anything but it's not something amazing

FoolofaTook 05-05-2017 08:23 PM

I saw some little ducklings in the park the other day.

FoolofaTook 05-05-2017 08:24 PM

O damn u said chick my bad

D. 05-05-2017 11:49 PM

I remember seeing the video for Frustrated Unnoticed in between episodes of Degrassi TNG back in 2004 and I like it a lot. Power pop with garage rock flare.

I remember I used to think their first album was solid, though I now only listen to maybe the first four tracks from that LP.

Their second and last album had some killer tracks - Now Is the Time, When You Leave, and What We Came Here For - but was ultimately just okay.

noyen 05-06-2017 12:27 AM

Chick fronted band bros

Shallowed 05-06-2017 12:41 AM

She's pretty good for a girl mirite fuzzybros

Trotskilicious 05-06-2017 12:46 AM

i mean chick fronted bands get all the breaks because they get so much attention for being a gimmick & everyone wanting to fuck the chick singer i mean its so sexist

Trotskilicious 05-06-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4352210)
If yer wondering what they sound like, think Weezer meets Thin Lizzy.

i will one day have you fight a live bear for my amusement

D. 05-06-2017 12:59 AM

:rofl:

Trotskilicious 05-06-2017 01:27 AM

Elphenor 05-06-2017 02:10 AM

Damn fuzzy that band sucks really bad

smashingjj 05-06-2017 05:06 AM

what a surprise

TuralyonW3 05-06-2017 07:59 AM

What a train wreck of a thread

You're a sexist idiot fuzzy

There are plenty of good female musicians in all forms of music ("that can actually PLAY" ). Women are half+ the fucking population. And "chick" is ridiculous.

You say this is "not just barre chords" like joy formidable, AND YET it's mostly just power chords which is much simpler (and JF are a much more creative and dynamic band). Not surprising from a person who says Rivers Cuomo "shreds" as good as Corgan.

This band sucks. They remind me of that shitty "girl like you" song on monuments to an elegy. And I don't think you comprehend Thin Lizzy. The 2nd song has some OK things going on, but just OK.

Saying "hipster shit" idiotic.

You are musically and culturally inept.

Based on the totality of your postings on netphoria, I have a hard time believing you're not an ingenious troll of Karl Connor / Order 66.

I wouldn't usually be such a dick but you like Trump so get fucked.

D. 05-06-2017 12:07 PM

Damn. I've been heckin' bamboozled by a trol thread!

redbreegull 05-06-2017 03:15 PM

troll thread is obvious.

the woman in the joy formidable is like jimmy page next to this guitarist

Elphenor 05-06-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4352373)

must spread rep

D. 05-06-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4352475)
troll thread is obvious.

the woman in the joy formidable is like jimmy page next to this guitarist

Once saw TJF play to a sparse crowd due to rain even though it was a covered outdoor venue and free.

IT WAS MAGICAL

Trotskilicious 05-06-2017 08:01 PM

the guitarist in savages is better than ritzy bryan, so is carrie brownstein for that matter

joy formidable kinda crap yall i kinda feel idk

fuzzyroes 05-06-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4352219)
also that first song is like guitar by numbers i don't know what you're even talking about. not that it's a terrible song or anything but it's not something amazing

Perhaps not, but it's clear during the solo that she can really play...And trust me, there's a lot better work of hers featured on their other songs. If you listened to the second song you'd get a better idea

fuzzyroes 05-06-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. (Post 4352308)
I remember seeing the video for Frustrated Unnoticed in between episodes of Degrassi TNG back in 2004 and I like it a lot. Power pop with garage rock flare.

I remember I used to think their first album was solid, though I now only listen to maybe the first four tracks from that LP.

Their second and last album had some killer tracks - Now Is the Time, When You Leave, and What We Came Here For - but was ultimately just okay.

Hell yeah man. I really dig the 2nd album. Was it actually really their last? I was just turned onto them from a friend of mine who lent me a couple of her C.D's. Shame if that's true. But they were on a major label, so I guess if it doesn't stick the label just cuts bait.

reprise85 05-06-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4352517)
Perhaps not, but it's clear during the solo that she can really play...And trust me, there's a lot better work of hers featured on their other songs. If you listened to the second song you'd get a better idea

that solo is nothing special, i mean most kids who have played guitar for a couple years could play it in their sleep. i don't get you with this

fuzzyroes 05-06-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4352333)
She's pretty good for a girl mirite fuzzybros

It's not sexist because there's just so few good women fronted bands.

Shallowed 05-06-2017 09:22 PM

Shut the fuck up, fuzzy

fuzzyroes 05-06-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 4352403)
What a train wreck of a thread

You're a sexist idiot fuzzy

There are plenty of good female musicians in all forms of music ("that can actually PLAY" ). Women are half+ the fucking population. And "chick" is ridiculous.

You say this is "not just barre chords" like joy formidable, AND YET it's mostly just power chords which is much simpler (and JF are a much more creative and dynamic band). Not surprising from a person who says Rivers Cuomo "shreds" as good as Corgan.

This band sucks. They remind me of that shitty "girl like you" song on monuments to an elegy. And I don't think you comprehend Thin Lizzy. The 2nd song has some OK things going on, but just OK.

Saying "hipster shit" idiotic.

You are musically and culturally inept.

Based on the totality of your postings on netphoria, I have a hard time believing you're not an ingenious troll of Karl Connor / Order 66.

I wouldn't usually be such a dick but you like Trump so get fucked.

Oh cry me a river... Check out this snowflake... All pissed off that I said "chick"... want a tissue to dry the tears from your eyes?

If you were to survey the amount of popular good guy guitarists compared to good lady guitarists the numbers would be dwarfed in the guys favor. It's not "sexist" to point this out.

And really, have you ever listened to Rivers Cuomo let loose on the guitar? he's every bit as proficient as Billy Corgan, just more hesitant to show off his skills.

fuzzyroes 05-06-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. (Post 4352454)
Damn. I've been heckin' bamboozled by a trol thread!

Not a troll thread man:erm:. I'm really into this band right now:think:

FoolofaTook 05-06-2017 09:25 PM

Whe my mother (lololol) saw a photo of BORIS she asked me how many of themm were girls. I lolled.

FoolofaTook 05-06-2017 09:26 PM

So your kinda like my mother fuzzrodian: totes clueless.