Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What's happening in Los Angeles? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185859)

FoolofaTook 03-11-2018 09:23 PM

heh.

varg made a role playing game (MYFAROG or something). big surprise: it's hella racist!

enthusaroo 03-11-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russticles (Post 4425799)
So I guess EP1 is gonna be called "Shiny" and EP2 is "Oh So Bright"

Brilliant! I can't wait for the Best Buy and Wal Mart editions!

He should also release Montgomery Ward and Circuit City editions to really bring back that 90's nostalgia.. oh.. wait.. nvm

fuzzyroes 03-11-2018 09:31 PM

I wonder how the new music will fit in with the current plans because Live Nation is promising music exclusively from Gish-Machina.

Would seem weird to release new music right before a tour and then not play any of it live.

Corgan's Bluff 03-11-2018 09:36 PM

williampcorgan
THIS IS AWESOME!! Barton Hills Choir, TX, singing my song 'Snail'. I'm very, very impressed. Thank you! @smashingpumpkins #smashingpumpkins #SP2018

Did Corgan get his three women from this choir he just posted...?

reprise85 03-11-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4425832)
heh.

varg made a role playing game (MYFAROG or something). big surprise: it's hella racist!

https://i.imgur.com/66kNsqQ.png

reprise85 03-11-2018 09:41 PM

i just spent 10 minutes in paint making that i feel dirty

T&T 03-11-2018 10:39 PM

that song is not appropriate for children.

Butt Pope 03-11-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff (Post 4425840)

williampcorgan
THIS IS AWESOME!! Barton Hills Choir, TX, singing my song 'Snail'. I'm very, very impressed. Thank you! @smashingpumpkins #smashingpumpkins #SP2018

Did Corgan get his three women from this choir he just posted...?

Wow the Polyphonic Spree keeps getting weirder

reprise85 03-11-2018 11:02 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Butt Pope again.

Forgotten Child 03-11-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4425835)
I wonder how the new music will fit in with the current plans because Live Nation is promising music exclusively from Gish-Machina.

Would seem weird to release new music right before a tour and then not play any of it live.

Did they use the word EXCLUSIVELY? I don't think so.

+ Billy is planning to play covers, according to his setlist. Why can't he also play new songs? I'm telling you, they will!

amoergosum 03-12-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten Child (Post 4425869)
Did they use the word EXCLUSIVELY? I don't think so.

>>>

http://www.unitedcenter.com/events/2...-oh-so-bright/

https://i.imgur.com/x7wFcwf.png

Forgotten Child 03-12-2018 05:06 AM

You see, I think they mean they won't play anything from zeitgeist to monuments. Anyway, sue Billy!

Corgan's Bluff 03-12-2018 06:01 AM

Best thing, Billy can do, is, to announce in the beginning some new songs for the encore part of the concerts instead of the cover songs.

Whicker 03-12-2018 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff (Post 4425840)

That boy on the left is really dropping the ball... lol

Corgan's Bluff 03-12-2018 11:23 AM

A little snippet from a new interview of Rolling Stone with Jack White:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...tripes-w517705

"I'm not telling people what to think about the White Stripes. They can think whatever they want about it. But there is a case to be made that in a lot of ways, the White Stripes is Jack White solo. In a lot of ways." He says this very casually. "There's only two people in the band. I was writing and producing and conducting. The melodies are coming from one person, the rhythm is coming from Meg. People define things by the label you give them. I'm sure if Billy Corgan called his solo album Smashing Pumpkins, it probably would've sold twice as many copies or whatever."

He called himself even William Patrick Corgan...

amoergosum 03-12-2018 11:58 AM

Quote:

williampcorgan Here is a cool shot of Tony Iommi circa early 70's playing the early Laney amp that's same series I play on 'Solara' and some of the other, new SP songs. Notice Tony is playing 3! Loudest amp I've ever played. Can't wait for everyone to hear these new songs. Soon! @smashingpumpkins #smashingpumpkins #blacksabbath #tonyiommi

incubator 03-12-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff (Post 4425952)
A little snippet from a new interview of Rolling Stone with Jack White:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...tripes-w517705

"I'm not telling people what to think about the White Stripes. They can think whatever they want about it. But there is a case to be made that in a lot of ways, the White Stripes is Jack White solo. In a lot of ways." He says this very casually. "There's only two people in the band. I was writing and producing and conducting. The melodies are coming from one person, the rhythm is coming from Meg. People define things by the label you give them. I'm sure if Billy Corgan called his solo album Smashing Pumpkins, it probably would've sold twice as many copies or whatever."

He called himself even William Patrick Corgan...

Harley Flanagan called his solo album "cro-mag" and i dont think anyone bought it + it was quite good

Corgan's Bluff 03-13-2018 01:06 AM

The wild rides of William Patrick Corgan

williampcorgan
Leaving on a jet plane! Thank you LALA! Been a wild ride. Listened back to the 8 new jams today. That too was a ride in itself. Can't wait to hear songs mixed. Also did a fun and wide-ranging interview with Lars Ulrich today for his radio show. AND had a two hour meeting Re: Shiny and Oh So staging. So it was a good day aside from the cross-country flight. But it's always good to go h-o-m-e

FoolofaTook 03-13-2018 08:33 AM

wpc wishes he could write a song like xyu again

eviltimeban 03-13-2018 12:11 PM

Corgan's Bluff 03-27-2018 10:29 PM

Billy announcing again recording releases. Let's see what really happens...
And did he only forget Jimmy mentioning on his member hashtags?

williampcorgan
Thanks to those who signed up for my Music Machine playlist on @Spotify thus far, as it's off to a flying start and the feedback has been very positive. it certainly takes me back to the days (circa 1977-1994) of making mix tapes for friends on cassette.
In other news, @smashingpumpkins is set to make 2 videos (think part A and B) for our forthcoming EP's. Exciting stuff!
On the solo front, I'm set to go back into the studio Monday (April 2nd) for 2 weeks, with an eye to finish save for strings and some additional overdubs. Like with SP, I'm starting to lean towards releasing this next solo work over 4 ep's (which I guess you could argue makes for a double album in the aggregate), making the chance of all the work being heard and considered more likely. Which last I heard is still the point...
But that may also mark me as an antique, too. Or a relic if you are being kind.
Tra-la for now!
@jamesihaofficial @jjjschroeder @jackbass89 #smashingpumpkins #wpc

reprise85 03-27-2018 10:33 PM

fuckin EP bullshit, just why

run2pee 03-27-2018 10:37 PM

Just love clickin this thread whilst chompin an enchilada and seeing

GIANT
FUCKING
HALF-SHAVEN
HAIR
FOLLICLES
AND
GAPING
PORES

Thanks for ruining my dinner, bill

:hurl:

Corgan's Bluff 03-27-2018 10:58 PM

Does Billy get tons of tattoo pictures from devoted fans to show their loyalty? :noway:

Ram27 03-27-2018 11:18 PM

I assume/hope a video shoot means we'll actually have to hear the song at some point

Corgan's Bluff 03-28-2018 02:58 AM

Will we get another amazing video shooting led by the talented newcomer Linda Strawdingle...?