Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Which netphorian had the most success musically? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184882)

barden 05-02-2017 01:13 PM

Which netphorian had the most success musically?

I'm out of the loop.
Did any of the collective angst pay off for any us weirdos?

smashingjj 05-02-2017 02:54 PM

isle.

he had to get rid of his killer riffs first, but he plays in kings of Leon now.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-02-2017 03:44 PM

wasn't isle going to go on tour with a famous singer or summin

barden 05-02-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4351079)
isle.

he had to get rid of his killer riffs first, but he plays in kings of Leon now.

is his name Chris?

barden 05-02-2017 03:48 PM

Isle is this you?
http://www.christophercolemancollective.com/music

Isle posted one of the funniest things I'd ever seen on Netphoria. In fact, years later, I used the same premise while with a lady I was wooing, who found it hysterical, to my favour.

FoolofaTook 05-02-2017 03:59 PM

TOC

no doubt yo

barden 05-02-2017 04:32 PM

Show me his jams.

FoolofaTook 05-02-2017 05:05 PM

He was posting hella. Even made me a song for my birthday. But I am lazy.

TOC SHARE UR TUNES BRAH WITH BARDEN

Shallowed 05-02-2017 05:39 PM

I nominate this guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIsNoWhy4U (Post 4005741)
I'm 28 years old. I live with my girlfriend in Stockholm, Sweden. I have a masters degree in 'Modern Psychology', but I'm currently studying the Swedish law part-time. On average I make approximately 51000 € each year. I play in two bands, one is a fusion of pop and jazz, and the other one is a straight out alt rock project. I've listened to the Pumpkins since I was 13, and never stopped listening. I am very open minded about things, but cannot understand all the cynicism on these threads. Are people here really that locked up in themselves? Are they that lonely, that miserable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIsNoWhy4U (Post 4005776)
I'm not afraid to say I'm not successful, no. And yes, I probably have the best outlook on these people posting here since I am indeed a psychiatrist. People PAY ME to analyze their minds. And I cannot say yours is looking very shrewd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereIsNoWhy4U (Post 4006418)
First of all; I have a masters in "Modern Psychology" which consisted of 9 classes/courses. During my three years of study, six of these courses we're linear to the "Psychiatric" study. When I finished, I decided to take the remainder three classes that originally separated psychology and psychiatry, in order to be able to work in the field of psychiatry as well. This only took one additional year.

Here it is: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/i5sk.jpg/

FoolofaTook 05-02-2017 06:03 PM

Another one of these losers who thinks he's all that cos he's got a 'masters'.

Get a job dude.

cork_soaker 05-02-2017 06:31 PM

i've sold two digital albums on bandcamp, soooo

The Omega Concern 05-02-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barden (Post 4351047)
I'm out of the loop.
Did any of the collective angst pay off for any us weirdos?

Define success. Sometimes its just the guy or gal who comes home from work and plays.

If you define it as being offered a blood contract from a major after touring the west coast and europe, then I guess yah, I was successful. We declined the offer by saying we'd be willing to sign a contract in ink, with a pen, not so much the one they wanted in our blood.

Within 48 hours after that convo, our producer and my bandmate were in the hospital needing major life-saving surgeries. My homey pretty much threw in the towel then, I was on the ropes for awhile not really feeling it, but I'm back at it following through on a grand plan,,, and yadda yeaadadada yadda.

barden 05-03-2017 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4351184)
Define success. Sometimes its just the guy or gal who comes home from work and plays.

If you define it as being offered a blood contract from a major after touring the west coast and europe, then I guess yah, I was successful. We declined the offer by saying we'd be willing to sign a contract in ink, with a pen, not so much the one they wanted in our blood.

Within 48 hours after that convo, our producer and my bandmate were in the hospital needing major life-saving surgeries. My homey pretty much threw in the towel then, I was on the ropes for awhile not really feeling it, but I'm back at it following through on a grand plan,,, and yadda yeaadadada yadda.

I think nominating yourself automatically disqualifies you.

smashingjj 05-03-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barden (Post 4351096)
Isle is this you?
http://www.christophercolemancollective.com/music

Isle posted one of the funniest things I'd ever seen on Netphoria. In fact, years later, I used the same premise while with a lady I was wooing, who found it hysterical, to my favour.

Lol. You married now?

I was just writing something but i now remember his name was James. Face of this guy is different but not dissimilar though

LaBelle 05-03-2017 11:19 AM

But how do you define success?

smashingjj 05-03-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4351360)
But how do you define success?

The more you are like me, the more successful you are.

teh b0lly!!1 05-03-2017 11:33 AM

clearly the answer is me.

redbreegull 05-03-2017 01:10 PM

one day teh bolly and I are gonna have an acoustic folk duo thing going on and we will be hella famous and smoke hella trees at all hours of the day

LaBelle 05-03-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashingjj (Post 4351364)
The more you are like me, the more successful you are.

...at being like you.

The Omega Concern 05-03-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barden (Post 4351309)
I think nominating yourself automatically disqualifies you.

Not understanding the premise of an if/then proposition disqualifies you.

The Omega Concern 05-03-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4351381)
one day teh bolly and I are gonna have an acoustic folk duo thing going on and we will be hella famous and smoke hella trees at all hours of the day

define 'hella famous'...j/k.

Shirley Manson just did a podcast with Joe Rogan recently. A very interesting interview and they sink into fame and success and how she dealt with it, it's rather enlightening. Of course she viewed herself as successful but admits now to having a warped view of what success was for her. This thread and that interview hits on a lot of what some muso friends and I have discussed ad nauseum for years.

FoolofaTook 05-03-2017 06:26 PM

I already smoke hella treez at all hours of the day

and me well i'm hella INfamous, ha!

FoolofaTook 05-03-2017 06:27 PM

No acoutic folk songs being strummed tho. just straight up balls to the walls rock n roll like axle rose and bon jon bovi

smashingjj 05-03-2017 07:01 PM

Calum (capnjazz) might be the answer to this question. He was in danananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananananananananananananananananananananananana nanananaykroyd.

smashingjj 05-03-2017 07:02 PM

did Linda strawberry play an instrument apart from the skin flute?

wHATcOLOR 05-03-2017 07:08 PM

wasn't there a guy from canada who was drummer for a well known band? ican't say for sure, but was it deerhunter? maybe it wasn't,but there was defintely a canadian drummer guy

spring probably knows who i am talking about

wHATcOLOR 05-03-2017 07:09 PM

let us not forget Boutros Bubba

wHATcOLOR 05-03-2017 07:10 PM

personally, i was a fan of Sleepy Demons

Trotskilicious 05-03-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4351480)
wasn't there a guy from canada who was drummer for a well known band? ican't say for sure, but was it deerhunter? maybe it wasn't,but there was defintely a canadian drummer guy

spring probably knows who i am talking about

deerhunter is from the filthy dirty souf

Trotskilicious 05-03-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4351481)
let us not forget Boutros Bubba

opened for deerhoof (facts)