Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music News and Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thread for posting your musics (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=168713)

soniclovenoize 09-23-2017 06:38 PM

Oh hello there our album on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/23Sxab2gIkYJDuxzkQ78cN

Mals Marola 10-09-2017 06:34 PM

track from our latest EP

soniclovenoize 10-23-2017 09:34 AM

Video for a new Curiously Strong Peppermints track "Duck, Duck, Gray Duck".

soniclovenoize 10-31-2017 04:36 PM

OK, dropping the new Curiously Strong Peppermints album. Really proud of it, worked on it over the last two years.

https://cspm.bandcamp.com/album/joyous
^ Got limited edition cassettes if you like those things.

The Omega Concern 11-04-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyKeyZ (Post 4381678)
Introducing my new experimental music/visual project HΞX∆GR∆M

I've been using Instagram at the moment to share pieces or "moments" of music with a full release planned for later this year. I do plan on posting these pieces on YouTube as well. I started producing back in 1999 and began releasing music under the name Neorev in the 2003. Neorev was a much more aggressive electronic style, inspired by acts like The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Underworld, etc. With this project, I wanted to do something very different. I always wanted to get into score work, creating music for film and/or video games. I figure this project would kill two birds with one stone. Share some new music while also building up a portfolio of visual pieces accompanied by my work. I have already posted several pieces with plenty of more to come.

hęr wąvę§ çąrry mę ąwąy
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYCxwhDB8Jb/

love it.

i also like the musical giphy like vid where you can't skip through it. very effective...i kinda like that over a typical youtube vid.

House of Bread 11-16-2017 11:14 PM

We finished this a few months ago.

Edit: Meeting with label dudes tomorrow, hoping for a spring release. Very proud of this one.

Mals Marola 11-24-2017 05:17 PM

2 covers + 10 originals, all recorded in the venerable month of October

The Omega Concern 11-25-2017 08:30 PM

oh damnnn....gimme more of this Dub Outro.

that's real impressive overall Mals Marola. I can't put my finger on the influence of your singer, which is kind of a backhanded compliment; whomever i could name i wouldn't want to suggest he's copying anybody. well done mates...that Dub Outro though, gotta get me some more of that.

Mals Marola 11-26-2017 04:29 AM

thank you Omega Concern

people are always trying to tell me i sound or look like someone. half the time i don't know them, but also most of the time it is not completely unflattering. but thank you for listening, we've done a few more that i suppose are somewhat like "Dub Outro" but really that was just sort of an on-the-spot thing we improvised to end the session. any opportunity to play the mini-moog is a welcome one for me

The Omega Concern 11-26-2017 12:14 PM

:netphoria

Elphenor 12-13-2017 06:06 PM

lotta people play country here so I went ahead and taught myself how to country

cork_soaker 01-02-2018 05:56 PM

teh b0lly!!1 01-02-2018 09:29 PM

yessssssssssssssssss

teh b0lly!!1 01-03-2018 02:41 AM

i've listened to number two, then number one, then three (i figured that's the correct sequence).

number two i had a distaste for. i can't quite say why. i didn't like hearing distorted stock synth presets. it felt like it followed the same process of your other works, but the essence was missing. it didn't evoke any pictures, at least not for me. it was just there, absent. take that to mean what you want.

then i listened to number one. i really like it and think it's too short. but then i zoom out, and i actually love that it's short, cause you thought (i'm assuming) it's not to be long lived, and preferred to go with a bolder statement. the reverbration followed by pitch manipulation of various sorts created a beautifully unique instrument there. it's a voice, something that you'd made that is literally an instrument in and of itself. sometimes it sounds like a human voice, sometimes like a faded gregorian choir, sometimes like music played through a chamber, sometimes like a vibrating string that you can't tell if it was plucked or bowed.

then came my fav - number three. i loved straight off that you control your medium and mastered it so low. it's immediately much softer than the other two, like a whisper. it feels like communication, like getting the proper context from you even before you set out to begin making your statement. it sounds like standing in the prairie wind to me. sounds like iceland. i think it's one of your best works to date, for sure, and certainly an immediate fav for me. this is music that is so beautifully subtle and mild, and imo it's truly experimental and uncharted territory. one of the very last ones left - because everybody in this generation are about making seductive music, trying to appear attractive, make unforgettable impressions. this song is the dazzlingly beautiful and naive country girl in a room full of coke-snorting models.

it's just so soft and gentle and lulling, i love it. as i said about the other piece, it's way too short - but unlike the other one where i found it to be a good choice, here i think it definitely is not. this piece needs to be much longer. like, 12-13 minutes.

just take your time building your moods. you have such a gift for sound crafting and image evoking; let it play out. allow it to resonate. let the first part go on more, let me feel the wind and see the details. then start slowly bringing in the bells. the joint juncture there with both of them at the same time paints such a beautiful picture. then that's another few minutes. etc

not that i'm here to teach you how to make your own art - BUT, i think some of what bothered me about that first piece i didn't like (well, no.2, but who's counting) was that i felt it was kinda melodic in a way that felt unnatural to me. like it's deliberate, aimed at someone. from your recent pieces, i've been getting a bit of a feeling like you're more self conscious about not boring people. you careen through the scenes more quickly, as if to get to the point more quickly.

never do that. i'm here cause i like your brain, and i wanna see where it goes untethered. don't mind me, i'm just sitting around that corner listening. thank you for the music.

teh b0lly!!1 01-03-2018 02:42 AM

cork_soaker 01-04-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4407249)
i've listened to number two, then number one, then three (i figured that's the correct sequence).

number two i had a distaste for. i can't quite say why. i didn't like hearing distorted stock synth presets. it felt like it followed the same process of your other works, but the essence was missing. it didn't evoke any pictures, at least not for me. it was just there, absent. take that to mean what you want.

then i listened to number one. i really like it and think it's too short. but then i zoom out, and i actually love that it's short, cause you thought (i'm assuming) it's not to be long lived, and preferred to go with a bolder statement. the reverbration followed by pitch manipulation of various sorts created a beautifully unique instrument there. it's a voice, something that you'd made that is literally an instrument in and of itself. sometimes it sounds like a human voice, sometimes like a faded gregorian choir, sometimes like music played through a chamber, sometimes like a vibrating string that you can't tell if it was plucked or bowed.

then came my fav - number three. i loved straight off that you control your medium and mastered it so low. it's immediately much softer than the other two, like a whisper. it feels like communication, like getting the proper context from you even before you set out to begin making your statement. it sounds like standing in the prairie wind to me. sounds like iceland. i think it's one of your best works to date, for sure, and certainly an immediate fav for me. this is music that is so beautifully subtle and mild, and imo it's truly experimental and uncharted territory. one of the very last ones left - because everybody in this generation are about making seductive music, trying to appear attractive, make unforgettable impressions. this song is the dazzlingly beautiful and naive country girl in a room full of coke-snorting models.

it's just so soft and gentle and lulling, i love it. as i said about the other piece, it's way too short - but unlike the other one where i found it to be a good choice, here i think it definitely is not. this piece needs to be much longer. like, 12-13 minutes.

just take your time building your moods. you have such a gift for sound crafting and image evoking; let it play out. allow it to resonate. let the first part go on more, let me feel the wind and see the details. then start slowly bringing in the bells. the joint juncture there with both of them at the same time paints such a beautiful picture. then that's another few minutes. etc

not that i'm here to teach you how to make your own art - BUT, i think some of what bothered me about that first piece i didn't like (well, no.2, but who's counting) was that i felt it was kinda melodic in a way that felt unnatural to me. like it's deliberate, aimed at someone. from your recent pieces, i've been getting a bit of a feeling like you're more self conscious about not boring people. you careen through the scenes more quickly, as if to get to the point more quickly.

never do that. i'm here cause i like your brain, and i wanna see where it goes untethered. don't mind me, i'm just sitting around that corner listening. thank you for the music.

well, what a pleasant surprise. thanks for giving these a thoughtful listen and for composing such a detailed response. i know this kind of stuff tends to asks a fair amount of time and concentration from listeners; you're very generous in having done so here.

it's a pleasure to hear what kind of impressions these made, for better or for worse. you're certainly on point having noted the fear of boring a listener creep in -- my getting hasty with transitions and layering, not letting sections linger, and such. worrying about a listener's willingness to stick around has definitely been an obstacle. but i'm glad to hear you prefer them more drawn out, because, well, so do i.

i've been treading water in terms of process as well, using the same old approaches and such. frustrating, because while a piece might be ok, it doesn't feel fresh from a creative standpoint. time itself has been a huge impediment lately, as well. not being able to give pieces the mining they require in order to hit upon something exciting.

so, consequently, the pieces are a reflection of all of the above "issues."

yuck, why is it such an impulse to blurt out all of one's inhibitions?

thanks for your kind and constructive words. and i'm glad you liked #3. that's my favorite, too. iceland? coke-snorting models? prairie wind? i'll take it, gladly.

redbreegull 01-05-2018 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4401898)
lotta people play country here so I went ahead and taught myself how to country

um what country is that

Elphenor 01-05-2018 08:07 AM

nation of MUSICIANS GAZE

deadaswarhol 01-12-2018 10:47 AM

some passive-aggressive bullshit from summer '16 i finally recorded.

my goal this year is to catch up on recording the stuff i've written

downloadable at https://attractmode.bandcamp.com/ if u want

soniclovenoize 01-15-2018 03:22 PM

cork_soaker 01-19-2018 02:09 PM

del

Mals Marola 01-19-2018 06:02 PM

MarquisInSpades 01-23-2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4410731)

this is pretty good, did you make it?

The rap part reminded me of Nujabes, heh. :)

Mals Marola 01-23-2018 12:09 PM

yeah, it's all me but the rap
& i love Njb

MarquisInSpades 01-23-2018 12:19 PM

Awesome man, I'll check out more of your stuff

Thought of a name for the new EP yet?

Mals Marola 01-23-2018 11:45 PM

thinking of calling it "Meatballs in Spades"

Mals Marola 01-23-2018 11:46 PM

(no, but we are open to suggestions)

& thank you fella, hopefully you find something else to like on there - that In-Studio record on our main page (warganization.com) is probably the most representative of our overall sound & whatnot but hey, any listen is a welcome one

cork_soaker 01-24-2018 02:55 PM

del

cork_soaker 01-26-2018 01:58 PM

del

langley 01-28-2018 09:25 AM

Betatape - Trigger Happy (Official Video) from Pavel Ruminov on Vimeo.