Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ron Paul (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=174172)

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 09:50 PM

Ron Paul

is supportive of legalizing marijuana therefore gets my vote.

reprise85 09-19-2011 10:57 PM

cool story bro

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 11:00 PM

Thanks my dude.

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 11:02 PM

Damn I wish I could give you more postive rep. :( But hey so I don't look like a flaming idiot. The city of miami beach had a meeting about decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana last month.

reprise85 09-19-2011 11:07 PM

Oh, how'd that go? I live in Coral Springs now so getting closer to the dark side (Miami).

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 11:12 PM

Yes I hate miami with a passion( I live in south broward) It didn't go anywhere like I excepted. But it is progress that they even talked about something like this. If you'd like to help legalize in Florida go here. http://pufmm.org/ I swear its not lemonparty. I love the ganja to much play games like that.

reprise85 09-19-2011 11:14 PM

That's true, it's definitely progress. I'll check it out.

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 11:15 PM

I got 4 people including myself to sign the papers not much but still better than what the average weed smoker is doing to help.

ChaosEffect 09-19-2011 11:22 PM

Eulogy doesn't like weed.

Debaser 09-19-2011 11:32 PM

is extremely pro-life, a goldbug nut, a federal reserve conspiracy theorist, wants to repeal child labor laws, repeal anti-trust laws, repeal the 14th amendment, and disagrees with the civil rights act therefore he will never get my vote.

He's not racist per se, but he is against any laws designed to counteract racism; or rather, strongly believes in everybody's god given right to be racist.

He's an embarrassment to actual libertarians I respect:
A Libertarian’s Lament: Why Ron Paul Is an Embarrassment to the Creed

Eulogy 09-19-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosEffect (Post 3763925)
Eulogy doesn't like weed.

unless ron paul can unilaterally repeal all state laws against marijuana (hint: he can't... and if he could, he wouldn't) then your rationale is senseless.

stop making stupid threads.

and ron paul sucks.

Eulogy 09-19-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser (Post 3763928)
is extremely pro-life, a goldbug nut, a federal reserve conspiracy theorist, wants to repeal child labor laws, repeal anti-trust laws, repeal the 14th amendment, and disagrees with the civil rights act therefore he will never get my vote.

He's not racist per se, but he is against any laws designed to counteract racism; or rather, strongly believes in everybody's god given right to be racist.

He's an embarrassment to actual libertarians I respect:
A Libertarian’s Lament: Why Ron Paul Is an Embarrassment to the Creed

He'd also abolish FEMA, the FDA, the EPA, and pull out of the UN. Among other things.

but you know

whatever

Order 66 09-19-2011 11:45 PM

right when i walked into work today my supervisor gave me a ron paul bumper sticker and told me to put it on my car. i was like 'uh....'

ChaosEffect 09-20-2011 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 3763935)
He'd also abolish FEMA, the FDA, the EPA, and pull out of the UN. Among other things.

but you know

whatever

hmm some of those things I wasn't aware of but pulling out of the U.N wouldn't be a bad idea since its a big pieace of crap anyway. Why should they "police the world"? It's the U.S the UN calls on to do the work for them most of the time anyway.

Besides any president elect will want to some crazy crap anyways and this is his baggage.

lala 09-20-2011 01:45 AM

who cares about ron paul?

Order 66 09-20-2011 02:18 AM

not the msm, amirite

Eulogy 09-20-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosEffect (Post 3763965)
hmm some of those things I wasn't aware of but pulling out of the U.N wouldn't be a bad idea since its a big pieace of crap anyway. Why should they "police the world"? It's the U.S the UN calls on to do the work for them most of the time anyway.

Besides any president elect will want to some crazy crap anyways and this is his baggage.

setting aside the UN thing (but.. ugh)

his backward ass ideology is his baggage? are you serious?

also you didn't respond to the factual impossibility of his being able to legalize marijuana.

are you 12? people like you drive me fucking insane.

ChaosEffect 09-20-2011 11:17 AM

Actually he said that he'd be willing to let the states choose for themselves to legalize/decriminalize and stop federal raids on medical marijuana patients and med shops that are in compliance with that particular state's law.

Eulogy 09-20-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosEffect (Post 3764073)
Actually he said that he'd be willing to let the states choose for themselves to legalize/decriminalize and stop federal raids on medical marijuana patients and med shops that are in compliance with that particular state's law.

Does that contradict anything I said? No, it doesn't. Also he can't just unilaterally repeal federal laws.

Like I said. people like you drive me insane. I initially thought this thread was kind of a joke but in reality you are the worst kind of young voter. With no idea about practical limitations on a president (which also gave us trouble with Obama last time around, tbh) and the idea that if any douchebag throws out a soundbite you like, he's fit to be the President. ugggggh.

Also, do you smoke pot now? Are you really worried about getting arrested for it (if you live in an inner city and are black then you have a legitimate concern here. otherwise, no.)?

reprise85 09-20-2011 12:22 PM

I agree with Eulogy, I'm all for pot legalization but I'd never support Ron Paul. TVtropes can explain it better than I:

Well-Intentioned Extremist and Principles Zealot

Also, as shitty as the UN is, we can't really pull out of it. It's pretty much impossible and if we tried we'd start major conflict.

Tchocky 09-20-2011 01:02 PM

While I think some of his ideas are worth supporting (he's spot-on about all the money being spent on the wars in the Middle-East), the vast majority if his political beliefs fall in the unfeasible to batshit insane range. Not voting for him, now or ever.

ChaosEffect 09-20-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 3764080)
Does that contradict anything I said? No, it doesn't. Also he can't just unilaterally repeal federal laws.

Like I said. people like you drive me insane. I initially thought this thread was kind of a joke but in reality you are the worst kind of young voter. With no idea about practical limitations on a president (which also gave us trouble with Obama last time around, tbh) and the idea that if any douchebag throws out a soundbite you like, he's fit to be the President. ugggggh.

Also, do you smoke pot now? Are you really worried about getting arrested for it (if you live in an inner city and are black then you have a legitimate concern here. otherwise, no.)?

I have black friends. One was arrested for simple marijuana possession. So this is an issue for me. Unless you vote independent you are going to get a d-bag in office.(and even then you might) That doesn't matter if you don't switch out congress anyways since they make careers out of being politicians and everything in Washington is run by greed for the almighty dollar. Switching out the president every 4-8 years means nothing if you have the same assholes in every other office. Even if the president has all the right ideas and answers to problems.

Eulogy 09-20-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosEffect (Post 3764098)
I have black friends. One was arrested for simple marijuana possession. So this is an issue for me. Unless you vote independent you are going to get a d-bag in office.(and even then you might) That doesn't matter if you don't switch out congress anyways since they make careers out of being politicians and everything in Washington is run by greed for the almighty dollar. Switching out the president every 4-8 years means nothing if you have the same assholes in every other office. Even if the president has all the right ideas and answers to problems.

It's an issue for everyone. But electing Ron Paul won't fucking solve it.

What makes you think independents aren't d-bags? Ron Paul isn't one, anyway. What in this post has anything at all to do with giving me an actual, legitimate reason for voting for Ron Paul?

To say "LOL I LIKE WEED AND RON PAUL IS IN FAVOR OF A MORE SANE DRUG POLICY SO I'LL IGNORE THE REST OF HIS BATSHIT INSANE IDEAS AND VOTE FOR HIM BECAUSE I HAVE THE INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY AND THE FORESIGHT OF A 12-YEAR OLD" is really unforgivably dumb.

The Omega Concern 09-20-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

originally posted by lala:

who cares about ron paul?

GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul wins California straw poll

***** won with 44.9% of the votes, Texas Gov. Rick Perry came in second with 29.3% of the votes, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney came in third with 8.8% of the votes."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-17/p..._s=PM:POLITICS

The Omega Concern 09-20-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

originally posted by Debaser:

Sounds like regurgitated msm pap...

Extremely pro-life: Do you realize he's a doctor who's delivered thousands of babies? This is a non-issue for me personally on whether I would vote for a candidate, but nice to know you would hold it against him.

A goldbug nut: And??????? Your point is? Most goldbugs have been called nuts since the price was $300 an ounce. It's now $1800, but non-thinking retards such as yourself would never listen to such nuts and as such, the dollar has lost 50% of its value over that time while Gold has risen 500%. That is nuts when you think about it, but remember gold-bugs have been right about the economy while those who call Golbugs "nuts" have been wrong.

Federal Reserve Conspiracy Theorist: Well, here's the biggest indicator that goldbugs could look to to understand why Gold was destined to rise in value while the dollar would lose its purchasing power. But what conspiracy theory are you railing about against Ron Paul regarding the Fed? They exist. They print money backed by air and that's a big reason why the economy sucks right now.

Repeal Anti-Trust Laws: This is an esoteric argument that's been building for decades. If you care to engage, here's a good start: http://mises.org/Books/antitrust.pdf Many lawsuits brought on by the government have been attacks on entrepreneurial success and efficiency.

repeal the 14th amendment: Two-words, Anchor Babies. It's not just that illegal immigrants come over the border to have their children, its that they get a welfare check for each child they bear. There's a bunch of illegal mexican women here in California with 3 and 4 kids getting up to 4 grand a month in welfare for years on end. I see the movement to repeal the 14th amendment as a desire to stop that fraud.

Disagrees with the Civil Rights Act: He disagrees with it on the issue of the Fed infringing on property rights. This could be libertarianism as feudalism as some suggest and I might agree. He'd be better off dropping the rhetoric from this altogether but as a pol he's being consistent in his beliefs.

Debaser 09-20-2011 06:42 PM

lolz @ omega

The Omega Concern 09-20-2011 06:45 PM

nice retort. Next time just say uncle.

Debaser 09-20-2011 06:57 PM

There's no point. I've completely dismantled you previously in other threads already.

You do not operate in reality.

Anybody with any knowledge of the subjects will find your stunningly, ignorant statements damning enough alone.

Trotskilicious 09-20-2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 3764025)
setting aside the UN thing (but.. ugh)

his backward ass ideology is his baggage? are you serious?

also you didn't respond to the factual impossibility of his being able to legalize marijuana.

are you 12? people like you drive me fucking insane.

i had a friend of mine tell me that if ron paul was president everything would be wonderful and i was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

also he was "held back in school because of football"

i was honestly surprised he clung to that lie this long

The Omega Concern 09-20-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

originally posted by Debaser:

There's no point. I've completely dismantled you previously in other threads already.

You do not operate in reality.

Anybody with any knowledge of the subjects will find your stunningly, ignorant statements damning enough alone.

That's the biggest chickenshit answer you could give. You haven't dismantled anything but you may want to start on your inability to recognize ad-hominem personal attacks does not an argument make.