Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   This is a sad thread about me being sad (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185071)

Ram27 05-30-2017 04:40 AM

This is a sad thread about me being sad

I’m struggling with where to even post this story…netphoria (oddly enough) seemed like a decent place. With over 4k weird Jimmy fetish posts I feel you guys understand where I’m coming from with this, at least a bit.

I got arrested for underage drinking. Which I know sounds like the most low key thing ever. But I’m an overly emotional motherfucker and it just destroyed me. Let me attempt to explain:

First of all, alcohol kinda saved my fucking life. I entered into a bout of depression last year, as I was preparing to go back to university for the fall. I started getting incredibly self conscious and feeling horrible about life. Then on my 20th birthday my friend from high school brought me some beers and we got drunk together. I felt like a normal human being for the first time in my life. It was *incredible*. That semester of school was the most incredible few months of my life. I got a job, I got all As, I drove 4 hours away to meet my hero and shake his hand....http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?p=4291613. Now, I’d been playing drums myself for about 5 years, but couldn’t actually play at university. Now that I had money and some semblance of confidence, I went and rented out a storage unit to set my drums up in and play. The owner assured me it was fine, there was no one around to hear. Even set me up with a special code so I could come play at 3 AM if I wanted. And those were the best few months of my life. Not a single problem.

And then one night the cops knocked on the door. I had a case of beer in the back (and not even good beer! I’m pretty ashamed of that), and I’d had a few, cause, honestly, I was thirsty, since Jellybelly is a motherfucker of a song (like I deadass just finished playing that song when they came...I felt so great for about a minute there...can usually never get through it). Then I got handcuffed, got a ticket, was driven back to my dorm, scared out my mind. I called my parents. Long story short, I couldn’t drive anymore, I couldn’t play my drums, I couldn’t drink, I couldn’t focus in school. Liberty stripped, confidence gone, happiness fleeting, I went to a therapist, and was prescribed medication that somehow made me feel even shittier. Had the worst semester of my life, got two Cs, barely passed my classes, spent half the fucking time crying and worrying about everything.

Two things I love ruined my life.

All is lost.

I haven't slept properly since then. Like I said, overly emotional. Medication just makes it worse. Seriously. What really just drives me fucking insane how America is so backwards and petty. I went on a trip to the UK with my parents last summer. I ordered a beer at a pub while being (gasp) only 19. Somehow, London isn't burning to the ground.

Feel free to call me a fucking moron and a fucking pussy or whatever cause I am, sure.

how do i stop feeling like shit

Shallowed 05-30-2017 05:07 AM

Why did the cops come to your place?

pavementtune 05-30-2017 05:09 AM

that is some total shitfest.

why did the cops come around in the first place, did someone tell them to drop by and they'd find underage drinking? or did they come by because the drum sound at night wasn't fine there after all?

also is there any possibility to set your drums up at some place you can either walk or bike to?

I'm gonna stick with questions because I have only bad advice (if you want that, I've got about 5 things ready to go...)

Shallowed 05-30-2017 05:20 AM

Also, welcome to the club, enjoy your stay

Shallowed 05-30-2017 05:21 AM

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

Ram27 05-30-2017 05:28 AM

Oh, yeah I guess I forgot that part. Someone called in a noise complaint. To be more specific, some old man in a nursing home a few blocks away. Best I can figure he was going for a walk? I dunno

pavementtune 05-30-2017 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4359976)
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

lolol shallowed. you had checked out for quite some time, too, right? even sonic johnny is back.

prepare yourself to have this thread bumped in 2025, ram, just when you finished a stay in rehab to get sober.

Ram27 05-30-2017 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4359973)
also is there any possibility to set your drums up at some place you can either walk or bike to?

I'm gonna stick with questions because I have only bad advice (if you want that, I've got about 5 things ready to go...)

Not really any other place. I mean, right now I'm staying with my parents for the summer, and they have a basement and nice neighbors. But that's like two hours away during the school year

I thought I was fucking set with that storage unit concept until I could get a real job and house and stuff. And due to weird emotional stuff I don't even really want to try finding another place in town

let's try the bad advice

Ram27 05-30-2017 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4359979)
lolol shallowed. you had checked out for quite some time, too, right? even sonic johnny is back.

prepare yourself to have this thread bumped in 2025, ram, just when you finished a stay in rehab to get sober.

hahahaha

can't wait

Cool As Ice Cream 05-30-2017 05:50 AM

why can't you drive anymore?

Cool As Ice Cream 05-30-2017 05:51 AM

i see you're a bit of a beer snob.

buzzard 05-30-2017 06:22 AM

Lining the walls with egg cartons never occurred to you?

That's another C grade, right there.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-30-2017 06:49 AM

patience, buzzard. he can only eat so many eggs.

teh b0lly!!1 05-30-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4359987)
Lining the walls with egg cartons never occurred to you?

That's another C grade, right there.

it would not do a single thing as to improve sound insulation.

teh b0lly!!1 05-30-2017 07:28 AM

Ram, i don't understand why you're so freaked out about this?

are there any serious repercussions law wise?
it's gonna come off your record pretty soon, what are you so worried about?

LaBelle 05-30-2017 07:41 AM

Sad thread is not sad enough!!!!1

Disco King 05-30-2017 07:59 AM

http://i.imgur.com/N2VnNCP.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4359990)
patience, buzzard. he can only eat so many eggs.

He doesn't have to eat them, silly. He could just take them down to local a soup kitchen and egg the needy.

LaBelle 05-30-2017 08:00 AM

You know where eskimos keep their eggs?

In an eggloo

FoolofaTook 05-30-2017 08:23 AM

Poor ram27 got the cops called on him.

LOL I'LL SEE IN IN PRISON SON

reprise85 05-30-2017 09:29 AM

i'm sorry ram, that's really shitty.

i know drums are kinda ruined for you at the moment but finding another way to play them might be a good way to help overcome this feeling. just a thought

Cool As Ice Cream 05-30-2017 09:59 AM

maybe you can practice on a drum set made of pillows.

vixnix 05-30-2017 11:15 AM

This cool guy right here has a solution for you

http://magazine.dv247.com/wp-content...land-hd-11.jpg

vixnix 05-30-2017 11:18 AM

That's like telling a pianist without a piano to try one of these

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_CjayxAWlQ8/maxresdefault.jpg

But you know, desperate times call for desperate measures

Elphenor 05-30-2017 11:28 AM

Maybe follow the law Ram27

toase 05-30-2017 11:32 AM

20 year old and arrested for underage drinking makes the law look stupid, not you

Elphenor 05-30-2017 11:35 AM

Can't do the time don't do the crime

toase 05-30-2017 11:47 AM

you're so not punk right now

Disco King 05-30-2017 11:55 AM

I wanna be police-punk

Ram27 05-30-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4359985)
why can't you drive anymore?

Oh, that's just because of my parents

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4360017)
i'm sorry ram, that's really shitty.

i know drums are kinda ruined for you at the moment but finding another way to play them might be a good way to help overcome this feeling. just a thought

thanks, yeah. now that school's over and i'm back at home i have been able to play a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4359992)
Ram, i don't understand why you're so freaked out about this?

are there any serious repercussions law wise?
it's gonna come off your record pretty soon, what are you so worried about?

Nothing serious at all legally. I wish I wasn't so freaked out about it. I don't know why either....just a snowball effect, I guess. It all just feels very dehumanizing and shitty.

ohnoitsbonnie 05-30-2017 11:59 AM

That's because it was. Your feelings are valid and you need to feel them, not supress them. Do remember that this incident will not define the rest of your life.