Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   doctor gave me codeine for my cough (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=180932)

Bread Regal 05-10-2014 11:20 PM

doctor gave me codeine for my cough

oh boy

Bread Regal 05-10-2014 11:20 PM

THANKS OBAMA

hnibos 05-10-2014 11:20 PM

Hook me up

MyOneAndOnly 05-10-2014 11:24 PM

my favorite

Bread Regal 05-10-2014 11:31 PM

really wish i could but the wife's probably going to take it for her period cramps because no gyno she goes to believes that she's in crippling pain every month.

she actually overdosed on aleve a couple weeks ago because they said taking 8 in one day was ok. she got an ulcer.

Order 66 05-10-2014 11:41 PM

my doctor gave me some xanax

and by doctor i mean a 20 year old asian kid with a mullet

The exploding boy 05-10-2014 11:59 PM

Codeine does jack shit for me. I mean i had it prescribed by dentists a handful of times. One pill does nothing. Two puts me to sleep. Never had a high.

Earlier this week i did Dronabinol for a medical trial (yes, you two or three people, i still do those occasionally, i mentioned it already). Just for the generic version. 5mg, normal daily dosage. This is an extract of THC (you know the main molecule in marijuana). Now i've never smoked a joint in my life, and now i dont think i want to.

Pretty much worst trial ever. Full blown panic attack, uncontrollable shaking for three hours, flashback to Stephen King's Firestarter (you know the part if you read it) paranoid feeling that the nurse was lying to me about my vitals being fine (actually eventually they weren't my heart rate was at 110 for 3 hours) and that she knew some of us were about to die, felt like i couldn't breathe, had a feeling like i just wanted to run the fuck away or scream and punch someone, especially the people who couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably because of the drug. It took me two days to recover. The first night, pretty much didnt sleep, i just was in sweat and panicked. Some sort of PTSD.

First time in what? 15 years of doing those on and off? First time i ever decided not to do the rest of the trial (there was a second 36 hours stay, 5mg again). Called them, told them give me the 300$ and keep the remaining 465$. Not fucking worth it. Never had anything close to that happen.

And i thought i was maybe just gonna get a pleasant high. I don't think i know pleasant highs actually. Drugs that are suppose to do it either put me to sleep or make me panic.

What is Dronabinol for? To stimulate appetite in AIDS patients. Jesus christ. The idea of food never entered my mind and we'd been fasting for like 16 hours.

null123 05-11-2014 12:31 AM

amazing

Bread Regal 05-11-2014 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The exploding boy (Post 4059515)
Codeine does jack shit for me. I mean i had it prescribed by dentists a handful of times. One pill does nothing. Two puts me to sleep. Never had a high.

Earlier this week i did Dronabinol for a medical trial (yes, you two or three people, i still do those occasionally, i mentioned it already). Just for the generic version. 5mg, normal daily dosage. This is an extract of THC (you know the main molecule in marijuana). Now i've never smoked a joint in my life, and now i dont think i want to.

Pretty much worst trial ever. Full blown panic attack, uncontrollable shaking for three hours, flashback to Stephen King's Firestarter (you know the part if you read it) paranoid feeling that the nurse was lying to me about my vitals being fine (actually eventually they weren't my heart rate was at 110 for 3 hours) and that she knew some of us were about to die, felt like i couldn't breathe, had a feeling like i just wanted to run the fuck away or scream and punch someone, especially the people who couldn't stop laughing uncontrollably because of the drug. It took me two days to recover. The first night, pretty much didnt sleep, i just was in sweat and panicked. Some sort of PTSD.

First time in what? 15 years of doing those on and off? First time i ever decided not to do the rest of the trial (there was a second 36 hours stay, 5mg again). Called them, told them give me the 300$ and keep the remaining 465$. Not fucking worth it. Never had anything close to that happen.

And i thought i was maybe just gonna get a pleasant high. I don't think i know pleasant highs actually. Drugs that are suppose to do it either put me to sleep or make me panic.

What is Dronabinol for? To stimulate appetite in AIDS patients. Jesus christ. The idea of food neevr entered my mind and we'd been fasting for like 16 hours.

see the risk of this sort of shit ever happening is enough to deter me from ever doing it.

The exploding boy 05-11-2014 12:41 AM

Well..............i might have kept some information from them. Like erm....... that i do in fact have a diagnosed anxiety disorder. If they'd known that they wouldn't have allowed me to do it because these type of drugs will go and tickle your nervous system.

So really...its kinda my fault. i took it cause i thought marijuana whats the worst that can happen. And its not like those side effects weren't all listed (after all dronabinol has been on the market for over a decade), but the incidence was low, like 10% or under. So i didn't think i'd get them. Some of the people there said they had a fun high. I happen to not have had one. Some even said they got nothing....(not supposed to be any placebos but i dont know)

But you know...a panic attack in itself is benign. Just....when its happening though you just think you're dying. But its not gonna have any lasting effect on me.

But honestly as i mentioned 15 years only once something similar, an anti depressant, never done any of those since. Now i know not to do stuff like that either. If its gonna touch the brain, i shouldnt be doing them. Though i have done for epilepsy and those are fine.

99.5% of the time you don't get anything at all. Oh at worst a slight headache, maybe a bit of nausea. And gone in a few hours. This was a real shit pay too. 765$, i usually don't do anything under 1200. It's the small ones you have to worry about. The antidepressant was 650, smallest i ever did, one of the worst. This is also one of the smallest i've done.

Elphenor 05-11-2014 01:56 AM

Lol. If you smoke too much it'll give you a panic attack.

reprise85 05-11-2014 01:57 AM

yeah dont fuck with your brain like that TEB... not when you already have a problem. glad you're feeling better

reprise85 05-11-2014 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread Regal (Post 4059503)
really wish i could but the wife's probably going to take it for her period cramps because no gyno she goes to believes that she's in crippling pain every month.

she actually overdosed on aleve a couple weeks ago because they said taking 8 in one day was ok. she got an ulcer.

that's some bullshit. what the fuck is wrong with doctors. doesn't she already have her diagnosis and everything?

did you get the cheratussin shit or whatever? i always found it disappointing but then again i was an addict. i got sick a lot so i'd be getting some cough syrup all the time. cheratussin was a a strike out and tussionex was a home run. any of the regular hydrocodone syrups were nice too.

Bread Regal 05-11-2014 02:25 AM

she doesn't have a diagnosis, and we're wading through a ridiculous amount of bullshit to actually get one. it would take too long to get into the details plus it would piss me off to recount all of it.

robitussin ac. i felt it within about 10 minutes because i guess the uptake is fast with a liquid dose, and i never take opiates.

reprise85 05-11-2014 02:56 AM

i've chugged whole bottles of that shit. not pretty.

hope you feel better. and your wife. :/

null123 05-11-2014 03:01 AM

i want vicodin so bad

MyOneAndOnly 05-11-2014 08:13 AM

Vicodin makes me nauseous :(

bignothing 05-11-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmbag (Post 4059551)
i want vicodin so bad

me too :(

fuck i don't care about weed and i'm tired of getting drunk

like everyone i know now prefers to get together and just drink wine and be old and classy and stuff? the only drug i've seen around in the past like 7 months has been weed i'm about to cry...

MusicMan4 05-11-2014 08:35 AM

i gotta stop trying opiates
they do nothing for me
i mean they have to be doing something but i just sit there waiting to feel something so i can put on "moonlight mile" and fade away
snorted fucking heroin from SR and waited a damn hour and then fuck it i'll just get drunk

MusicMan4 05-11-2014 08:39 AM

i wanted to sell the rest but i figured i was already pushing my luck enough buying all this shit on the internet so i flushed it
knowing me if i kept it around i was gonna try it again and just keep snorting and snorting trying to make it happen and then my heart would just stop

Starla 05-11-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread Regal (Post 4059503)

I feel bad for your wife, I've had the same thing, where I can't even talk or move, the pain is so awful. Nothing would help. Then by chance I found out that cinnamon reduced it way better than motrin. I was eating toast w/ cinnamon sprinkled on it, and felt better within 1/2 an hour. I tried it again and it worked. So I went got some cinnamon capsules (without chromium), sometimes I make my own. I take two at a time, or 3 if it's bad and it really helps. It's worth a try.

At one time I took so much ibuprofen and aleve for ms pain in my legs every day, and ended up causing my stomach lining to bleed. I was bleeding internally for awhile and didn't know it till I needed an emergency transfusion.

Starla 05-11-2014 09:58 AM

btw, there's cinnamon tea some women use, but I didn't find that as effective as just taking the cinnamon. And cause of the ulcer, take it with food.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-19-2014 09:05 AM

yes codeine i had that once it was after i ran through a window i lost a lot of blood it wasn't awesome i wouldn't recommend it one star out of five

bardy 05-19-2014 10:20 PM

my mom misread "teaspoons" as "tablespoons" on a bottle of that stuff one time so I got 3x the dosage and ended up vomiting all day. Sucked when I had strept throat.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-20-2014 02:52 AM

ah yes, i did that once. i needed to take cough syrup, but because i was going to be at school all day, and wouldn't be able to take some at lunch time, i decided to take a tablespoon of it in the morning, instead of a teaspoon. i don't know what exactly was in there, but it made me extremely lightheaded. i thought i was going to die. luckily nobody noticed.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-20-2014 02:55 AM

when i was older, i went skiing and some of the guys were drinking entire bottles of that cough syrup. on the bus trip back home, one of them was asking everyone if they had any cough syrup left. i guess he ran out, and really needed something to knock him out.

The exploding boy 05-20-2014 03:14 AM

I can't even take nyquil. it doesn't make me fall asleep, just makes me feel terrible which in turn leads to panic attack. At least that's what happened when i was encouraged to take some when i had a cold in december. And also like two years before i hadn't slept in three days cause of insomnia (which always leads to panic with me), even nyquil didnt work just made me feel horrible and more certain i was dying. I ended up at the hospital where the doctor just told me i needed some sleep. No shit. Gave me ativan. Even that doesn't work that well at calming me down. Though i did sleep somewhat with it.

Elphenor 05-20-2014 03:40 AM

Yeah if I don't sleep I become super anxious and just insane

Ol' Couch Ass 05-21-2014 04:12 AM

Hycodan almost makes it worth getting sick. I love an excuse to sit around buzzed for a stretch of days listening to music and playing video hockey.

yo soy el mejor 05-21-2014 06:29 AM

cough syrup? y'all crazy. i tried that once at 16 before i discovered coricidin pills work much better.

i take vitamins and lamotrigine now.