Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why do pe0ple hate Nancy Pelosi so much? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188441)

butthurt 02-06-2021 08:43 PM

Why do pe0ple hate Nancy Pelosi so much?

This is a serious question. I don’t follow politics enough to know the answer. Is it her personality? Or has she said or done something that makes her an awful human being?

I’d really like to know what it is, if any of you have some ideas.

reprise85 02-06-2021 08:52 PM

she don't take no shit

she

ninsp 02-07-2021 12:07 AM

She’s a career moderate that has blocked actual progressive policy for 40 years
She’s just Mitch McConnell in a vegan fur coat

MyOneAndOnly 02-07-2021 09:45 AM

She is the Dem House leader so everything get blamed on her

Conservatives especially hate her because she's a woman. You don't see nearly as much vitriol from them over someone like Schumer or Harry Reid before him. When it's a woman in charge it's a whole other level of hate.

Many conservatives now refer to Kamala Harris as "Jezebel". Over the next 4 years she's going to become their enemey #1

Cool As Ice Cream 02-07-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4574256)
Many conservatives now refer to Kamala Harris as "Jezebel". Over the next 4 years she's going to become their enemey #1

here it's "kamaltoe harris": https://shad0wland.proboards.com/thr...amaltoe-harris (well waddajaknow, it's our good friend belte)

ovary 02-07-2021 10:05 AM

duovamp 02-07-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4574236)
she

:banging:

smashingjj 02-07-2021 10:41 AM

she drinks the blood of babies, for starters

she loves abortion

smashingjj 02-07-2021 10:41 AM

hates freedom

and guns

and good christians with some gosh darn values

ninsp 02-07-2021 11:26 AM

Someone please enlighten me with any progressive policy she’s ever spearheaded

All I can see in her legacy is the broken ACA “you need to pass it to know what’s in it” legislation
We could’ve pushed through actual nationalized healthcare but we got...that

Oh and holding up initial aid because of her vacation during a pandemic, and closing hair salons but getting her hair done

duovamp 02-07-2021 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4574265)

All I can see in her legacy is the broken ACA “you need to pass it to know what’s in it” legislation

Oh and holding up initial aid because of her vacation during a pandemic, and closing hair salons but getting her hair done

Oh hey this thread's Mr. Imperfect Solution showed up to try to convince me Nance doesn't have the juiciest booty this side of the galaxy.

ovary 02-07-2021 01:53 PM

below please find two atatements that are not mutually exclusive:

people are sexist

nancy pelosi sucks

ovary 02-07-2021 01:57 PM

here's my beef with nancy and chuck: despite their policies enjoying overwhelming support among the population and winning the national popular vote in all congressional and presidental elections, the democrats never get anything done, and these clowns are the people in charge. and anytime anyone criticizes nancy it's "people just hate her because she's a woman," an unhelpful whatabout move that changes the conversation from her ineffectiveness.

ovary 02-07-2021 01:59 PM

i realize that there are plenty of reasons for democratic failure, but the buck stops at the top. get those fuckas OUTTATHERE!

of course, the reason they're there and theyll never leave until they die is because they're puppets of the same elite interests that drive the republicans. idk how many times i read something nancy's done and think "jesus christ it's like they're trying to lose on purpose" WONDER WHY THAT IS

FoolofaTook 02-07-2021 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duovamp (Post 4574268)
... the juiciest booty this side of the galaxy.

yeah she's fuckin' bangin' bruh

MyOneAndOnly 02-07-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4574272)
here's my beef with nancy and chuck: despite their policies enjoying overwhelming support among the population and winning the national popular vote in all congressional and presidental elections, the democrats never get anything done, and these clowns are the people in charge. and anytime anyone criticizes nancy it's "people just hate her because she's a woman," an unhelpful whatabout move that changes the conversation from her ineffectiveness.

The Speaker can't force conservative Dems to vote for progressive issues. The progressive caucus is a minority block in the house. Elect more progressives to house seats and the legislation that passes will be more progressive.

That's not Nancy's fault. If progressivism is so appealing it would be the controlling block in the House. It isn't.

MyOneAndOnly 02-07-2021 04:09 PM

The Speaker cannot pass left wing legislation of there is no majority for it in the House

Joey Goldberg 02-07-2021 04:28 PM

people just love to hate people

did no one listen to DEPECHE MODE?

Joey Goldberg 02-07-2021 04:28 PM

ovary 02-07-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4574287)
The Speaker cannot pass left wing legislation of there is no majority for it in the House

i ain't mad she can't pass no progressive legislation, i mad she can't pass even CENTRIST legislation. and she just says stupid shit all goddamn day long that drags down democrats across all tickets.

MyOneAndOnly 02-07-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4574307)
i ain't mad she can't pass no progressive legislation, i mad she can't pass even CENTRIST legislation. and she just says stupid shit all goddamn day long that drags down democrats across all tickets.

Well that just isn't true.

Here is a list of all the bills that were introduced and passed by the 116th congress

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...tates_Congress

MyOneAndOnly 02-07-2021 11:12 PM

If she can't pass bills how did all these bills get passed?

ovary 02-08-2021 02:32 PM

don't matter if they don't go into law. she's been in charge of the dem caucus during a series of terrible years for the dems. again i ask where the buck stops if not with her??

Eulogy 02-10-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4574265)

You could also just say “I have no idea how government works.”

Eulogy 02-10-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4574272)

First, see above.

But really you can probably trace a through line from Howard dean to Barack Obama and how they got off on national attention for national races while ignoring state houses that took control and gerrymandered the fuck out of everything.

Literally none of that has anything to do with Nancy pelosi.

Eulogy 02-10-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovary (Post 4574397)
don't matter if they don't go into law. she's been in charge of the dem caucus during a series of terrible years for the dems. again i ask where the buck stops if not with her??

Uhhhh with Mitch McConnell? Lol?

buzzard 02-10-2021 06:21 PM

There's nothing quite like a convenient figurehead, is there.

killtrocity 02-16-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninsp (Post 4574246)
She’s a career moderate that has blocked actual progressive policy for 40 years
She’s just Mitch McConnell in a vegan fur coat

This. The corporate neoliberal Democrat moderate oligarchs periodically offer minor cultural capitulations in exchange for maintaining their stranglehold on the political power structure and allocation of resources. Politics is a market in which Democrats and Republicans function as a duopoly maintaining 99.9% market share. It's like Coca-Cola and PepsiCo but worse by orders of magnitude. It's good cop / bad cop.

Of course it's easy for members of the dominator class (in general, white male heterosexual) to shrug off the importance of identity politics. It's just that Republicans and Democrats clearly agree with Karl Marx in that the economy (access to resources) clearly shapes the polity which in turn shapes the culture more strongly than the reverse process occurs. When the IRA stops your bus in Ireland in the 1990s, asks the first guy to get off what religion he is, he says protestant, and they shoot him in the head, what religion do you think the second person is going to claim? So to the extent that oppression is rooted in invisible cultural values, it's totally secondary to the economic structure. You gotta eat before you can self actualize, and you can't have a hole in the back of your skull if you're going to do anything at all. The Democrats periodically throw bread crumbs to oppressed phenotypes and act like the saviors, but it's just a symbolic capitulation to them. They don't have any skin in the game. Nancy Pelosi is worth $100 million, but that's nothing compared to the people who pay her. They want stability, they want a guaranteed ROI. They don't need to take risks with their treasure hoards. 2.5% annual GDP growth is enough to amplify their wealth without any risk at all.

The D's and R's care about one thing: protecting the economic structure as it currently exists in the name of the corporate overlords who pay then to do so, and they have become exceedingly efficient at quashing outsiders. 20 years ago, being openly supportive of gay marriage was controversial as a Democrat. Now, it's the kiss of death if you're a Democrat and you haven't adapted. The value structures are totally independent of the power structures. The Democrats swap their values around to shape public opinion, but are economically right of Richard Nixon.

And just to be clear, I'm not making some sort of false equivalency between Trumpist fascism and neoliberalism, or saying that social justice doesn't matter. It's just that the result of decades of activism and literal bloodshed have ultimately not resulted in much beyond symbolic capitulation from the party which claims to be progressive.

MyOneAndOnly 02-16-2021 02:24 PM

That's quite a word salad you got there

smashingjj 02-16-2021 03:39 PM

was readability really your problem with that post?