Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   where do you spend most of your time? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186535)

Ihaguitar 07-21-2018 06:49 AM

where do you spend most of your time?

sorry fucked this up it was to be a poll

pavementtune 07-21-2018 06:54 AM

you should see the poll option right after the first post. give me a poll. I am bored.

or not, it might only show up while you create a new thread? make a new one. I want a poll. now.

yo soy el mejor 07-21-2018 07:01 AM

right now i'm either at work, on public transportation, walking, watching shows, at therapy, working out, grocery shopping, at walgreen's or cvs, or at the garden. on the weekends there is more variety.

i start school september 5th, so i will cut down on shows and have responsibilities that need taken care of in my free-time instead of just deciding to watch more shows. you know how some people have a sweet tooth? i have a television tooth that goes way back that can get out of hand.

i started writing out a tv watching schedule in the summer when i was 7. i still remember the time-slots of all my favorite shows. and i watched a lot of shows that no one has heard of...i've still never met anyone who can talk about ghost writer or the torkelson's with me- not that there would be much to say. i cried when full house went off the air and watched barney until i was 12.

television was an escape the same way that books were (albeit a much lazier one) and i think there's is something to why i watched a lot of shit with white people portraying an idealized version of family (besides the fact other options didn't exist except the cosby show and a different world and later the wayans brothers, but i watched that, too.). but shows at least showed me there were lots of versions of families that sometimes do not ******* a mommy or daddy.

i also learned that from mrs. doubtfire.

pavementtune 07-21-2018 07:04 AM

I'm starting a month after you, Columbia Chicago, I forgot what your college is?

I am very much looking forward to it, and the other hand I'm terrified, too. all this shit, and schedules, and assignments, and grades ...again!

yo soy el mejor 07-21-2018 07:12 AM

i start at depaul. i just got a little bit anxious thinking about it, too. but i love the challenge of planning and deciding how to spend my time well. and the added bonus of being productive. it's the shit.

my new study desk came in the mail and we just set it up last night. i don't need new supplies so i am trying to mentally prepare for school by slowly setting up a nice place conducive to schoolwork.

yo soy el mejor 07-21-2018 07:21 AM

last week i went to the winter garden on the 9th floor of the harold washing library to work off-site. they also have independent study rooms you can rent for free. the library is severely under-utilized.

the winter garden:
http://www.cateredbydesign.com/images/hwlMAIN.jpg

the library is one of the first places i was allowed to be alone. my mom would drop me off after school and pick me up before dinner.

pavementtune 07-21-2018 07:25 AM

oh man, a desk/study area, I should probably consider that....

we'll be moving into our new home in Chicago at the same time I start college, I am not able to see it before I move right in, but I will have an office space at home and figured - that is where I'll study if I'm not working.

but that's idiotic, really. It's been a while, but I always needed my designated spots, otherwise I can't concentrate because my brain won't switch to "you are supposed to study now."

hm....

I already got some of the course books (because my classes are a wild hand-picked mess), and every day I open the "international copyright law" thing and skim it and treat it like I would at work - look something quickly up with no intention to learn/remember it. I need to rewind my brain to 10 years back when I still knew how you read when you want to learn what you read.

mxzombie 07-21-2018 08:01 AM

to what part of the city are you moving?

pavementtune 07-21-2018 08:12 AM

Bronzeville, we moved out of the US last spring, after over 4 years in Chicago.
and since then I realized that Chicago is by now the place where I feel most at home.

Visiting family currently in my "old home", Berlin, and something is just off. I don't feel like I belong here any more, I miss Chicago.

buzzard 07-21-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4451594)
i've still never met anyone who can talk about ghost writer

https://i.imgur.com/4ZQB2xS.jpg?1

Mooney 07-21-2018 09:04 AM

ghostwriter was terrible.

LaBelle 07-21-2018 09:15 AM

I spend most of my time on my work desk.
And some days I spend a lot of the time in bed with my laptop, working from home has it's privileges.

myosis 07-21-2018 09:33 AM

on netphoria

Cool As Ice Cream 07-21-2018 09:33 AM

i spend most of my time in belgium.

FoolofaTook 07-21-2018 09:50 AM

Belgium, Wisconsin?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgium_(town),_Wisconsin

ilikeplanets 07-21-2018 11:17 AM

either outside or inside

vixnix 07-21-2018 11:41 AM

the kitchen

FoolofaTook 07-21-2018 12:06 PM

homeless shelters/jail/my parents house

FoolofaTook 07-21-2018 12:07 PM

o and parks

redbreegull 07-21-2018 12:46 PM

on the toilet

yo soy el mejor 07-21-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooney (Post 4451635)
ghostwriter was terrible.

you don't have the chops to be a writer/spy and check out clues

FoolofaTook 07-21-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4451679)
on the toilet

no shit. i've been pooping so much i think i have a little wound deep in my rectal crevasse.