Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   5 years ago, Conor Mcgregor was on welfare receiving $165 a week. (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185280)

Mood ring 07-16-2017 07:06 PM

5 years ago, Conor Mcgregor was on welfare receiving $165 a week.

And is now signed to the biggest prize fight in boxing history. I don't care the outcome of this match, because just having it makes Mcgregor the winner here. Talk about rags to riches.

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...Conference.jpg

TuralyonW3 07-16-2017 10:32 PM

Mayweather called him a fag and also beats women. Pretty sure everyone wants Connor to win.

fuzzyroes 07-16-2017 11:06 PM

Connor doesn't stand a chance. It's all so pre-planned. Mayweather gets one last big pay day and gets to finish his career and go off into the sunset with a 50-0 record. McGregors just stoked to get paid.

fuzzyroes 07-16-2017 11:08 PM

If the odds weren't so high I'd definitely lay some big money on Mayweather... The price is just too high. What most people don't realize is that boxing is a completely different ball of wax from the UFC. Mcgreggors gonna look like a fish out of water.

teh b0lly!!1 07-17-2017 03:01 AM

this whole lame ass bullshit greed extravaganza of matching up a bigtime boxer against a bigtime MMA fighter is absolute fucking bollocks that is more about money, exploitation of media frenzy, and gimmickry than it is about, you know, THE ACTUAL SPORT at the fucking center of it.and for all intents and purposes it's exactly the same "cash rewardz" mentality that blessed us with pearls of pop culture such as Alien vs Predator or Batman vs Superman.

they're just standing there barking in each others' faces and they might as well be actors cause that shit is about as credible as Razor Ramone's "U Think U Got Sometin' on me Chico?" pre-fight monologues from the WWF days. except this was pure kiddie entertainment and that's supposed to be real sport. what a clitorrific joke. i fucking hate this generation and everything it stands for, it makes me sick, and why don't these DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN

redbreegull 07-17-2017 03:12 AM

who do you guys hope wins the racist white fuck or the woman beater

redbreegull 07-17-2017 03:12 AM

peak entertainment has been reached

MeAndMyLlama 07-17-2017 04:44 AM

People are paying 89.95 for this shitshow, which they all agree will be a shitshow. It's an extra 10 bucks to get in HD. What year is it? Why the fuck are people calling a racist and an abuser having a shitty boxing match a 'cultural event'?

FoolofaTook 07-17-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 (Post 4372068)
Mayweather called him a fag and also beats women. Pretty sure everyone wants Connor to win.

What about the homophobic/wife beating masses?

FoolofaTook 07-17-2017 08:15 AM

These guys get paid to bludgeon each other senseless with their fists.

And ones a racist while the others an abuser! O no! The sport has been defiled!!

Elphenor 07-17-2017 09:55 AM

Should watch Esports instead

Evo Melee Grand Finals was SO HYPE

FlamingGlobes 07-17-2017 05:18 PM

Bread Regal 07-20-2017 01:36 AM

i'm happy to see that this go-getter rose to the 1% by destroying his body for a bloodsport

Bread Regal 07-20-2017 01:37 AM

i'm glad he decided to endure permanent brain damage for our entertainment

wHATcOLOR 07-20-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4372076)
What most people don't realize is that boxing is a completely different ball of wax from the UFC. Mcgreggors gonna look like a fish out of water.

most people realize this

wHATcOLOR 07-20-2017 11:29 AM

and now i see that has already been pointed out.

MplsTaper 07-20-2017 12:03 PM

I hope they both lose.

teh b0lly!!1 07-20-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MplsTaper (Post 4372823)
I hope they both lose.

they both already won before ever setting food inside the ring, unfortunately

MplsTaper 07-20-2017 01:14 PM

Oh yeah that's right, they both get paid no matter what happens.

duovamp 07-20-2017 09:13 PM

Those women shouldn't have challenged Mayweather to a fight.

MyOneAndOnly 07-20-2017 09:17 PM

"He's got greedy. He could have been 49-0, rode off into the sunset. Trust me, he got greedy here. That was a big mistake. You misadvised him. You should have kept him retired. It's your fault." - To Floyd Mayweather Sr.

Bread Regal 08-26-2017 08:13 PM

fight starts in about 30 minutes.

get your bets in. money in the bank.

fuzzyroes 08-26-2017 09:14 PM

Too easy to fix these events with people going one on one... Only a fool would bet on this.

fuzzyroes 08-26-2017 09:16 PM

Just imagine the offers that Floyd has been given to lose... Last I checked Connor pays off about 5 to 1... Too much to gain financially to assume Mayweathers gonna fight fair.

Bread Regal 08-26-2017 09:18 PM

i misread. fight starts in 1.5 hours

The Omega Concern 08-26-2017 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4380253)
Just imagine the offers that Floyd has been given to lose... Last I checked Connor pays off about 5 to 1... Too much to gain financially to assume Mayweathers gonna fight fair.

I'm skeptical to the fix on this one, unless one particular scenario develops. Both these guys have risen to the top by winning fights, not fixing them.

You'd literally have to believe they had dinner together last night and went over each round.

To that point; if Mcgregor low blows him in the middle rounds, which then causes Floyd to open up a barrage of illegal blows which result in HIS disqualification and setting the stage for the 2nd fight, then ya...that would be nearly undeniable that the fix was in.

Bread Regal 08-26-2017 09:59 PM

such a conspiracy would be a bridge too far.

The Omega Concern 08-26-2017 10:03 PM

Money Mayweather has got enough money. My guess is he would never agree to any amount to purposely blemish his perfect record and there's way too much irish pride in the other guy to say, "sure, i'll lose on purpose."

Everybody's got a price, i guess. But they're already getting knocked off huge as it is. Pride among these types is a currency stronger than money at some point as well. It's interesting to consider these potential motives of a fix at times though.

fuzzyroes 08-26-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4380264)
I'm skeptical to the fix on this one, unless one particular scenario develops. Both these guys have risen to the top by winning fights, not fixing them.

You'd literally have to believe they had dinner together last night and went over each round.

To that point; if Mcgregor low blows him in the middle rounds, which then causes Floyd to open up a barrage of illegal blows which result in HIS disqualification and setting the stage for the 2nd fight, then ya...that would be nearly undeniable that the fix was in.

I can almost see this fight ending in a draw... And then all the controversy that follows would be good for the sport... As they say, any publicity is good publicity.

I just mean, to a logical bettor, Mayweather should be as close to a sure thing as it comes, but if there was funny business to take place, a Mcgreggor victory would pay out big time... Yet a draw would just end in a push and Vegas would get to reap the benefits of the juice.

I'm telling ya guys, I can almost envision a draw in this one. Then at least Mayweather can stay "undefeated" and cash in for another blockbuster to finally win his 50th.

fuzzyroes 08-26-2017 10:13 PM

Can anyone actually see Mayweather walking away now after his biggest fight ever?

No boxer/entertainer walks away when they're bringing in the most bucks and at their highest demand... It just doesn't happen.