Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Does Billy have schizophrenia? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187971)

AveryLoren 05-16-2020 07:58 PM

Does Billy have schizophrenia?

Like seriously, not trying to be an ass. His use of "government" and "narratives" are right in line with paranoid schizophrenia. The dude is a multimillionaire, living in the rich closed off part of Illinois and porking his young Asian wife. Who exactly is altering his narrative? What narrative is he constantly talking about? I have suffered through all of his IG stories, Q&A's and streams and I honestly cannot make sense of any of this.

reprise85 05-16-2020 08:00 PM

he does not have schizophrenia

reprise85 05-16-2020 08:05 PM

i once asked my clinical psych professor how both schizophrenia and narcissistic PD can have delusions of grandeur as symptoms and how they can be distinguished

narcissists might think they are the best thing in the world and people should bow to them and the plebs are out to get them because they're so wonderful and the government is evil

but people with schizophrenic delusions of grandeur will think the govt is out to get them specifically because of their specialness and can use radio waves to do this

basically it's too vague to be psychotic

it's possible it's not vague and he's just not getting into details

but his ability to maintain a steady career is another point to not being schizophrenic

he just can't think for himself and thinks he is

reprise85 05-16-2020 08:08 PM

however i wonder about why the hell you are reading all of his shit

AveryLoren 05-16-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4545505)
he does not have schizophrenia

Good to know. My girlfriends aunt is a severe paranoid schizophrenic. She lives at an assisted living facility and they did a one hour Zoom meeting today. I've been deep diving all of Billy's nonsensical stuff on IG lately and today had sort of a weird epiphany moment. The way Billy can talk for hours on end about nothing at all of any substance sort of made me think maybe he had that same disorder. Her aunt starts off her call today by saying the government is changing narratives in the media. It was almost exactly verbatim what Billy has been saying lately.

reprise85 05-16-2020 08:22 PM

I haven't watched his shit so maybe I'm wrong. I was inpatient with a lot of mentally ill people (myself included, though i wasn't psychotic) for several months so I have a good idea what it sounds like, but it's true I haven't listened to a lot of his shit

Squish Squash 05-16-2020 08:31 PM

I think mainly Billy is a pseudointellectual and likes to talk/type in a manner that he thinks makes him look like a genius. He does seem to be paranoid about a lot of things as well, though.

redbreegull 05-16-2020 08:50 PM

He does not display schizophrenic characteristics

Squish Squash 05-16-2020 09:00 PM

Do you guys think Billy is a narcissist though?

FoolofaTook 05-16-2020 09:05 PM

Maybe. He's no Jack Bates tho.

Now that guy: fucking apshit, yo.

Fucking.

Apeshit.

Disco King 05-16-2020 09:11 PM

The reason he goes on about vague shit that only makes sense to him and that he doesn't even attempt to make clearer for people who cannot read his mind isn't because he has schizophrenic disordered thought patterns. It's because he's an obscuritan. If you're vague enough and never say anything concrete, nobody can quite pin down what you're saying enough for it to be challenged or refuted, and stupid people will be impressed and think you're a genius. For example, check out postmodern writers like Derrida and Lacan. Or charlatans like Jordan Peterson.

Trying to appear smarter than you are is also a trait of narcissists. Corgan has a lot of traits consistent with narcissism.

reprise85 05-16-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squish Squash (Post 4545517)
Do you guys think Billy is a narcissist though?

he's quite narcissistic. i don't know if he would technically qualify for NPD though

Squish Squash 05-16-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4545518)
Maybe. He's no Jack Bates tho.

Now that guy: fucking apshit, yo.

Fucking.

Apeshit.

Your father is fucking apshit.

Squish Squash 05-16-2020 09:31 PM

Over/under on Billy liking Jordan Peterson?

redbreegull 05-16-2020 09:35 PM

Billy would definitely at least find Peterson appealing

Squish Squash 05-16-2020 09:36 PM

I've never actually heard or read anything from Peterson, but I know he's a right wing pseudo intellectual who appeals to angry 4chan types. Do we think Billy is racist though? Peterson is, yes?

redbreegull 05-16-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squish Squash (Post 4545528)
I've never actually heard or read anything from Peterson, but I know he's a right wing pseudo intellectual who appeals to angry 4chan types. Do we think Billy is racist though? Peterson is, yes?

not sure. He's a huge transphobe though. I think Peterson would appeal to Billy because he takes wingnut right-wing fringe stances and packages them to try and unload them on "ordinary" people who don't have the critical thinking skills to disarm his nonsense

and he mixes it with the kind of woo woo spiritual self-help horseshit that billy gets off on

reprise85 05-16-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squish Squash (Post 4545525)
Over/under on Billy liking Jordan Peterson?

very over, much stupid. wow

reprise85 05-16-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

there were black people the tarantula video so obviously not

buzzard 05-17-2020 06:15 AM

I'd be offended if he put me in that video.

pavementtune 05-17-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4545534)
there were black people the tarantula video so obviously not

I'd like to add the tag sarcasm detected to this post. Just in case.*

*Just in case that my assumption that we need it is true.:netphoria 2020

houseofglass11 05-17-2020 06:31 AM

To me Billy doesn’t exhibit anything close to schizophrenia. He seems pretty even keeled and together when he speaks. Maybe narcissistic or borderline in some of his shittier dealings with people. But even he said on ig the other night that he’s a pseudo-intellectual.

pavementtune 05-17-2020 06:37 AM

Going from blabla a Billy Corgan decides to display on social media to a connection with schizophrenia is pissing me off tbh. Pissing me off because I do have a family member and a friend with schizophrenia, and I have not only coherent but interesting conversations with both. I'd also listen to both for 10 hours straight before tuning into BC's social media hobby.

In short: asking this is very close to calling a dumb fuck a retard. You don't need to have a mental illness to be a dumb fuck.

Joey Goldberg 05-17-2020 09:29 AM

Quote:

for someone who's openly never heard or read anything from him you sure do have some pretty strong preconceptions

T&T 05-17-2020 11:35 AM

He's sick, that is certain.

will he ever use his sickness to make good music again is to be seen.
we all continue to live in hope.

Squish Squash 05-17-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4545569)
for someone who's openly never heard or read anything from him you sure do have some pretty strong preconceptions

If you have evidence I’m wrong I’m more than willing to hear it. I’m not about to listen to Peterson on YT though. It’ll put me in a bad mood and I also don’t want YT to start recommending me right wing shitbag videos.

smashingjj 05-17-2020 07:20 PM

from what I remember hearing Peterson say is that he goes back and forth between scientific facts and opinions that will do well among right-wing folk faster than the speed of light

Joey Goldberg 05-17-2020 08:19 PM

but does Billiam Patty Corgan have skitzofrinia???

Joey Goldberg 05-17-2020 08:21 PM

how else could a man go by Billie, Zero, then Glass & then William & then THE BALD LORD all in one fell swoop?

think about it for 5 seconds

AveryLoren 05-17-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg (Post 4545647)
but does Billiam Patty Corgan have skitzofrinia???

I'm pretty sure he has stankonia.