Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ELECTORAL COLLEGE (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184354)

JOEBIALEK 12-25-2016 06:44 PM

ELECTORAL COLLEGE

The debate has started again as to whether the US Constitution should be amended in order to change the presidential election process. Some promote
eliminating the Electoral College in favor of a direct popular vote for president while others believe the Electoral College should remain unchanged. Just as compromise solved the initial problems of the framers so it is that compromise can solve this problem. The solution is to change the electoral votes to electoral points and reward each candidate a percentage of points based on the percentage of popular votes received in each state.

This would eliminate the "winner take all" system thus allowing for all the votes to count. A voter is more apt to believe their vote counted when a percentage of popular votes are taken into account rather than the "all or nothing" system currently in existence. Further, this new system would integrate the desire for a popular vote for president with the need for the individual states to determine who actually gets elected.

As for political primaries the number of delegates awarded in each state should be determined by the percentage of votes won by each candidate.

For 2016 multiplying the percentage of votes each candidate received {in each state} times the number of electoral votes {in each state} results in the following: Clinton 256.985 and Trump 253.482.

JOEBIALEK 12-26-2016 01:01 PM

Poots, sticks and stones may break my bones but you are still one dumb hillbilly...

redbreegull 12-27-2016 02:53 AM

what up JOEBIALIK personally I think we should smash the electoral college

The Omega Concern 12-27-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEBIALEK (Post 4305086)
The debate has started again as to whether the US Constitution should be amended in order to change the presidential election process. Some promote
eliminating the Electoral College in favor of a direct popular vote for president while others believe the Electoral College should remain unchanged. Just as compromise solved the initial problems of the framers so it is that compromise can solve this problem. The solution is to change the electoral votes to electoral points and reward each candidate a percentage of points based on the percentage of popular votes received in each state.

This would eliminate the "winner take all" system thus allowing for all the votes to count. A voter is more apt to believe their vote counted when a percentage of popular votes are taken into account rather than the "all or nothing" system currently in existence. Further, this new system would integrate the desire for a popular vote for president with the need for the individual states to determine who actually gets elected.

As for political primaries the number of delegates awarded in each state should be determined by the percentage of votes won by each candidate.

For 2016 multiplying the percentage of votes each candidate received {in each state} times the number of electoral votes {in each state} results in the following: Clinton 256.985 and Trump 253.482.

If dumbass liberals [redundant] wish to change the rules, go ahead. They've had New York and Cali locked up for decades now, but if y'all want to put 'em back in play for the R's, keep pushing this.

redbreegull 12-27-2016 06:51 PM

you know at least the third reich was stylish.

now all you guys have is sickly pockmarked basement dwellers and reject gym teachers

The Omega Concern 12-27-2016 09:30 PM

Ought you be thanking Trump by now for hiring a Zionist ambassador to Israel to counter the crypto-muslim in chief who just backstabbed that country yet again the other day?

redbreegull 12-27-2016 09:52 PM

no, I don't support Jewish fascism or any other kind of fascism because I don't feel crippling inadequacy over the size of my penis

reprise85 12-27-2016 10:13 PM

all jews support israel blindly don't you know?

except every jew I've ever had an extensive conversation about the conflict with IRL, who at the very least have a moderate opinion

The Omega Concern 12-27-2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4305524)
no, I don't support Jewish fascism or any other kind of fascism because I don't feel crippling inadequacy over the size of my penis

So you think its fair O and the U.N. criminalize a bunch of Israeli's for living in certain regions of the country?

Point is, Obama, like most foaming at the mouth libs these days, don't lose with dignity. Worse yet, O is doing all he can to muck things up for the next administration at a time most lame ducks take the ceremonial bow out while pardoning some cronies.

redbreegull 12-27-2016 11:08 PM

The West Bank is not part of Israel, it's an illegal annexation project

FoolofaTook 01-05-2017 02:03 AM

Richard Gere
Gerbil
Rectum

such alliterative potential! Thank you, friend poots!