Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ITT POST YOUR MASS SHOOTINGS (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186008)

pavementtune 02-19-2018 12:43 PM

eh-edit nevermind, I didn't realize this is just a back-and-forth fuzzy educational thread.

redbreegull 02-19-2018 03:12 PM

jeremy spoke in class today

Fonzie 02-20-2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikeplanets (Post 4420020)
also saw this today.."it's strange how people with mental health issues don't do this in other countries. it's almost like there's another reason."

Indeed, ‘tis a strange conundrum.

smashingjj 02-20-2018 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzie (Post 4420230)
Indeed, ‘tis a strange conundrum.

Hey, you don't have mass shootings in your country because you don't have freedom. Never change the gun laws! Cause what would be next to give up, freedom of speech?

teh b0lly!!1 02-20-2018 07:24 AM

let's all just assume a raging political discussion took place and got malicious and that somebody got called a nazi. ok great now let's argue about which pumpkins record is the best or something

teh b0lly!!1 02-20-2018 07:25 AM

thoughts and prayers

LaBelle 02-20-2018 07:37 AM

ITT POST YOUR ASS SHOOTINGS

redbreegull 02-20-2018 04:41 PM

Re: everything that has been said, I don't think the mere presence of more guns in and of itself is making people go on shooting sprees. Obviously we can look at a country like Israel and tell that just because you have a lot of people holding weapons doesn't mean mass shootings are unavoidable. Yes, there are definitely cultural reasons why this is happening, and yeah, it would be great to address the root causes if we could figure them out.

HOWEVER, the NRA and the gun industry is so powerful in this country that they successfully lobbied Republicans in Congress to pass a ban on federal money for gun violence research in the 1990s. Yes, let's say it again for those in the back. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR THE US GOVERNMENT TO RESEARCH GUN VIOLENCE. Republicans backed by the NRA are also the reason we have no universal background check, no way to stop people from being guns with no ID on the internet or at guns shows... so to try and separate the two parts of this issue shows a misunderstanding of what is going on with guns in the US.

The gun lobby has flooded our country with assault weapons, bought their own invulnerability via Republicans in Congress, and sponsored a decades long national legal push to overturn gun laws in every state. And then ON TOP of that, they then made it illegal for the government to research gun violence. It would be wonderful if we could figure out what specifically is fueling this behavior in the US, but right now the only research even being done is by private liberal groups. Furthermore, at least some of this trend can probably be attributed to a copycat effect (there is some evidence that when the media reports on suicides, it actually leads to a spike in attempted suicides. not the same, no, but behavior is contagious and there are good examples of viral criminal acts as well). Are tough gun laws going to fix the underlying cultural issues making people want to murder dozens of people? No. But if you are bleeding profusely you should probably stop the bleeding before you sit down and scratch your chin and wonder what the heck is goin on with all that blood

The gun lobby created this reality and we need to get them under control. We need commonsense gun laws that actually make it difficult to buy a firearm. We need a new assault weapons ban. Time and time again we hear that people would just get guns illegally and commit shootings, however nearly all mass shooters use legally purchased guns, so how could we even know that? It seems pretty likely that if buying a gun were very difficult, a lot of these antisocial whiteboy terrorists would not be able to get one.

FoolofaTook 02-20-2018 04:50 PM

POST YOU'RE ASS POOTINGS

LOLOLOLOL

Disco King 02-20-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4419871)
Video game culture is fucking HUGE... It's one form of physical media that is still growing and doing business like gangbusters... You look at the majority of the top bought games? It's all of these violent shooting massacre titles. I don't think children and teenagers should be spending the majority of their time fantasizing about shit like this, do you?

It's cancerous... And I know it's "unhip" to blame video games, but really... Most adults aren't even aware of these games that children and teens are playing... It's INCREDIBLY violent and ever increasingly lifelike.

I'm telling you guys, you ban these video games and there would be a dip in these violent nightmares... You have kids sitting there all day long in front of their monitors and TV screens blasting peoples brains out... You don't think it's gonna reach their mind when they reach a breaking point and figure they have nothing left to lose?

It's funny how people who don't support gun control in the U.S. because "muh founding fathers" and "muh Second Amendment" are totally fine with repealing the First Amendment.

MarquisInSpades 02-20-2018 05:19 PM

There are people like that in the US? o.O

Elphenor 02-20-2018 05:55 PM

rap music, video games, and other stuff old people don't understand

Elphenor 02-20-2018 05:59 PM

I think you're always going to have nutters we can't control that

we can make it harder for nutters to get mass killing machines

MarquisInSpades 02-20-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4420392)
I think you're always going to have nutters we can't control that

we can make it harder for nutters to get mass killing machines

word.

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:43 PM

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:43 PM

hmm there seems to be a trending line but i'm not sure??????????

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:44 PM

but but... there's not MORE crime in general in America... we're smack in the middle

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:46 PM

so i wonder why some states have more gun homicides than others????

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:47 PM

and the usa, despite having "normal" levels of crime, have so many more deaths from guns?

reprise85 02-20-2018 06:47 PM

OH MAYBE IT'S ALL THE FUCKING GUNS

smashingjj 02-20-2018 07:10 PM

I don't see the correlation

Disco King 02-20-2018 07:30 PM

There's no gun violence in Scandinavia because, last I checked, there aren't very many heavy metal bands there. All they have is Björk, and she's never inspired gun violence.

LaBelle 02-20-2018 07:32 PM

Plus if you shoot a gun in iceland, Björk will personally hunt you down and stop you on your tracks.

reprise85 02-20-2018 07:32 PM

her stalker did kill himself with a gun on camera. but i think he was on american soil

Tchocky 02-20-2018 10:02 PM

I wish The Omega Concern was still here so we could listen to him tell us how the FL shooting is just another false flag by the Five Jew Bilderburg Hilldawg Pedo World Order looking to supplant Orange Jesus in 2020.

#keepyourlawsoffmyguns

FoolofaTook 02-20-2018 10:30 PM

RIP TOC

Disco King 02-21-2018 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4420449)
her stalker did kill himself with a gun on camera. but i think he was on american soil

The reason the U.S. has got so much gun violence is that Iceland is outsourcing all of its murders there. BUILD A WALL.

MarquisInSpades 02-21-2018 01:20 AM

FoolofaTook 02-21-2018 01:29 AM

I'd like to kick in your face.

FoolofaTook 02-21-2018 01:30 AM

BADOOM!