Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fillmore Documentary DVD to be released (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=160281)

spidersoma 06-20-2008 02:42 PM

Fillmore Documentary DVD to be released

"SP. com can finally tease some information about the upcoming DVD release by The Smashing Pumpkins.

The DVD is a documentary chronicling their 12 straight shows at the Fillmore in San Francisco in July and August of 2007.

The DVD will feature footage from those shows and more.

Expect to see the disc appear in stores before the end of the year."

spidersoma 06-20-2008 02:44 PM

There will be 3 versions of the DVD released.

One of them will ******* the limited edition "LDS Director's Cut courtesy of Monte" For mature audiences only.

laaazy 06-20-2008 02:45 PM

and more.. hopefully some rehearsals or something
were gettin full vids of the shows from monte anyway

waltermcphilp 06-20-2008 02:47 PM

booo documentary, i just want to see the show. documentary should be a special feature not the main draw.

MonteLDS 06-20-2008 02:47 PM

the picture looks like it was done at a hotel of sorts.

SlingeroGuitaro 06-20-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

for those who just want the show
Friday, June 20, 2008 - 12:36 pm - MonteLDS
I have already put out the July 15th & 16th show on DVD

July 15th: http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost...07&postcount=1

July 16th: http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost...78&postcount=1

man wouldnt it suck if montelds was the reason why this isnt a concert dvd?

MonteLDS 06-20-2008 02:53 PM

when i spoke w/ the guy doing the DVD, (linda's bf) he told me that BC wanted the thing to be more of a documentary.

i am not sure if i will be in this DVD or not, but I am sure my friend Rachel will be in the DVD

Pizza Club 06-20-2008 03:36 PM

booooooooooo

asheville yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

also, i am predicting we will never see this dvd.

edit: oh! or all the songs are only 1 minute clips!

skipgo 06-20-2008 04:03 PM

well well well. very eeenteresting...

Caine Walker 06-20-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro (Post 3276458)

boy, it sure would.

Wasabi 06-20-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro (Post 3276458)

this brought out the gigglefit in me.

smashing0 06-20-2008 04:42 PM

wonder if monte will get some sort of credit listing
he was talking to linda's bf enough to get co-producer or something

skipgo 06-20-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

this brought out the gigglefit in me
and how.

lucid_interval 06-20-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteLDS (Post 3276460)
when i spoke w/ the guy doing the DVD, (linda's bf) he told me that BC wanted the thing to be more of a documentary.

i am not sure if i will be in this DVD or not, but I am sure my friend Rachel will be in the DVD

i wonder if that 'day in the life' footage gets pasted in. it seems a logical lazy thing to do.

MonteLDS 06-20-2008 05:06 PM

ya i bet a day in the life gets slapped in there... but it might not. I would think SP would of contacted me to get a better copy of Jeff slamming his guitar at the end of Starla

so when talking with linda's bf, he told me that SP had the guy Felix who did all the taping working on it till almost a few weeks before the last weeks of the 2008 tour and he was then let go...

so it really only started to get done in the past few months, i bet its super short. I know that some interviews were done with billy after the 2008 tour.

I hope its good...

themadcaplaughs 06-20-2008 05:20 PM

According to that interview that came out a while back, around the time they were being inducted into the Rock Walk of Fame I believe, Corgan mentioned it had something to do with the band's expectations of what the crowd would want versus an audience that "wanted only hits." Should be interesting nonetheless. After getting American Gothic and Superchrist when they were promised, I'm starting to get faith. Although he couldn't just please the masses and release the last Metro show or Gossamer.

wHATcOLOR 06-20-2008 05:25 PM

from what i remember, the little sissy had a good time in asheville and a miserable time in sf. only makes sense that he'd want to dwell on sf and make a documentary about that experience. :rolleyes:

Brute Squad 06-20-2008 05:26 PM

We're never getting a Metro DVD, are we?

themadcaplaughs - the masses don't want a Gossamer release

tcm 06-20-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 3276533)
from what i remember, the little sissy had a good time in asheville and a miserable time in sf. only makes sense that he'd want to dwell on sf and make a documentary about that experience. :rolleyes:

yeah, it was planned as a Fillmore dvd beforehand though, so they probably got limited footage from Asheville. i imagine if they could have made an Asheville dvd, they would've.

ChaosEffect 06-20-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Fogelsong (Post 3276536)
We're never getting a Metro DVD, are we?

Duh!

But hey maybe this DVD will be good.

wounded 06-20-2008 06:11 PM

i'm not even sure how you would market the metro dvd, it's no longer the last show, it doesn't have the four original members. i would love to get more pro shot footage of the arising tour.

Rickpat12 06-20-2008 06:12 PM

Maybe this'll be like the "Meeting People is Easy" documentary where Billy and company just talk about the emotion and trials that this residency created. Maybe not, but if it is...I hope there's more performance footage than n the Radiohead dvd.

Rickpat12 06-20-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wounded (Post 3276564)
i'm not even sure how you would market the metro dvd, it's no longer the last show, it doesn't have the four original members. i would love to get more pro shot footage of the arising tour.

...wait? what? I can maybe kinda see where you're going but I can almost bet that to the main fans, it would sell itself easily.

tcm 06-20-2008 06:19 PM

hmm. i think someone already posted about imdb's listing for "Untitled Smashing Pumpkins Documentary", but that's now changed to Smashing Pumpkins: If All Goes Wrong, which i love on several levels.

and now there's also a separate entry for "Untitled Smashing Pumpkins Concert".

MonteLDS 06-20-2008 06:30 PM

tcm i believe you are right. The Ashville shows recording vs what happen at SF was pretty different. The last 3 shows as i recall were all pro shot. no HD cams, but all pro cameras. i believe the count was 6 cameras.

the 1st few SP shows in SF were hand recorded with nice cameras, but not professional tv cameras. I can't recall what model it was, but it was the PRO version of my Sony HDR-FX1 (which is pro audio inputs)

This is how i heard asheville was recorded.. with these pro cameras, being run by K. Burns.

I expect a DVD of one of the last 3 days in SF to show up on DVD

wounded 06-20-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickpat12 (Post 3276566)
...wait? what? I can maybe kinda see where you're going but I can almost bet that to the main fans, it would sell itself easily.

well i guess it would still be the smashing pumpkins "historic" show at the metro in 2000, but i can see from corgan's point of view there is no real reason to release it at this point in time since the band is back. i'm sure we will see it eventually, but not for a long while, maybe not even until to the causal fan, it is almost forgotten that there were two incarnations of the pumpkins. i'm probably not making anymore sense.

point still remains...i want arising footage!

MonteLDS 06-20-2008 09:56 PM

i think it's weird that it says "12 straight shows @ the fillmore" because they were at santa cruz a night in between.

Wasabi 06-20-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonteLDS (Post 3276578)
This is how i heard asheville was recorded.. with these pro cameras, being run by K. Burns.

if a pbs-esque sp production happens, i'll soil my armor

MonteLDS 06-21-2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wasabi (Post 3276746)
if a pbs-esque sp production happens, i'll soil my armor

there is sure to be music playing in the background to keep it from being PBS like, along with some quick shoots to others stuff while corgan is still talking

SlingeroGuitaro 06-21-2008 02:15 AM

how do you know