Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FALCO & Corgan dropping down the tuning for most of the classics during the reunion (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187341)

fuzzyroes 05-16-2019 01:55 AM

FALCO & Corgan dropping down the tuning for most of the classics during the reunion
 


I reckon it's because he can't hit the notes anymore.

fuzzyroes 05-16-2019 02:00 AM

man, he really sounds like shit nowadays... Really sucks the life out of the classics.

Funbags 05-16-2019 07:26 AM

Damn. That's a really great live mix.

reprise85 05-16-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4508030)
man, he really sounds like shit nowadays... Really sucks the life out of the classics.

he sounds like he's trying, even though it sounds like shit. better than 2008ish when you could tell he didn't give two shits

NovaFritz 05-16-2019 11:48 AM

he can't sing like he used to, but you know who is much much worse?
Stevie Nicks. no dynamics left at all

Skradgee 05-16-2019 01:36 PM


johncg 05-16-2019 05:52 PM

He never really could hit those notes.

Ram27 05-16-2019 06:02 PM

that lead octave part in cherub rock always has this awful nasal-y tone to it lately

fuzzyroes 05-17-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaFritz (Post 4508049)
he can't sing like he used to, but you know who is much much worse?
Stevie Nicks. no dynamics left at all

You're cracked.

She's 70 freakin' years old here


fuzzyroes 05-17-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4508048)
he sounds like he's trying, even though it sounds like shit. better than 2008ish when you could tell he didn't give two shits

Lol I dunno. Part of the brilliance of the Siamese Dream era music is the vocal energy and the unhinged emotion. The songs have no life in them with the tired croaking.

And the lack of vocal ability really exposes the lack of songwriting nuance for some of these songs. I'd honestly rather listen to Falco. A track like this has aged a fuck of a lot better than a tired version of Cherub Rock



^That's just a god given swagger and level of charisma... Something that Corgan sorely lacks as a front man these days. As a frontman, you have to captivate the audience.

Modern90's 05-17-2019 10:54 AM

he should just hire a lead singer at this point, theres enought room on that stage for one more person.

NovaFritz 05-17-2019 10:54 AM





Just try to BS your way out of this comparison fuzzy. She is singing much lower and sounds pretty bad to me. Live by the larynx, die by the larynx.

Modern90's 05-17-2019 10:56 AM

that was a long motherfuckin five minutes

BurtSampson 05-17-2019 11:05 AM

to be fair they've played Cherub Rock in Eb since like 1996

fuzzyroes 05-17-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovaFritz (Post 4508137)




Just try to BS your way out of this comparison fuzzy. She is singing much lower and sounds pretty bad to me. Live by the larynx, die by the larynx.

I dunno man, it's not great, but it's decent. She is 70 years old for crying out loud. And that song was always something of a subdued piece, certainly different from an alt-rock track that relied on unhinged vocal intensity.

A song like Cherub Rock was ALL ABOUT the piercing, banshee like vocals. So if you look at how Corgan's completely changed his singing style in my original post compared to your Stevie Nicks comparison, Corgan's style has changed more drastically (for the worst) than her and he's 20 YEARS younger.

emilem 05-17-2019 12:07 PM

heavier versions for heavier times

this video just saved me 100 bucks on tickets to see the pumpkins live in july. i had no idea they were this bad.

fuzzyroes 05-17-2019 12:17 PM

Yeah man, and it was a big live broadcast. Usually bands try and put on a good show for those.

Jimmy sounds good and stuff, but there's just no energy from any of the members. I see the word "tired" coming up in a lot of the comments for the reunion vids and I couldn't agree more. Seems like they're just there to show up and cash the check as opposed to having any real passion for the music and performance.

fuzzyroes 05-17-2019 12:29 PM

I was watching all these youtube concerts the other day and was taken aback by how little the Pumpkins rock anymore. They're just missing that integral energy and spark in order to rock. I was then watching some Falco concert from the mid 90's and it struck me that he and his band literally rocked way harder than the Pumpkins do in 2018... Just let that sink in. Smashing Pumpkins can't rock harder than Falco

This unarguably rocks harder than that Cherub Rock clip I shared with you guys



And really, the reaction of the crowd says it all. If you watch the Smashing Pumpkins video, they literally have to zoom in to find people mildly rocking out while everyone else around them is standing as still as a wooden figurine. The audience is clearly unimpressed, whereas in some 10 years past their heyday Falco video, everyone is dancing and having a blast.

Shadaloo 05-17-2019 12:46 PM

We can't all sound like Robert Smith in our advanced years

NovaFritz 05-17-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4508150)
I dunno man, it's not great, but it's decent. She is 70 years old for crying out loud. And that song was always something of a subdued piece, certainly different from an alt-rock track that relied on unhinged vocal intensity.

A song like Cherub Rock was ALL ABOUT the piercing, banshee like vocals. So if you look at how Corgan's completely changed his singing style in my original post compared to your Stevie Nicks comparison, Corgan's style has changed more drastically (for the worst) than her and he's 20 YEARS younger.

sure they both suck. Robert Smith, on the other hand - still sounds great
maybe you can hit him on appearance, but he still has the "image" IMHO
its Fatrick Blotkin who has lost image and voice and feel and integrity

Run To Me 05-17-2019 04:32 PM

Who gives a fuck

Old news

Only new thing ive learned from this thread is that our dearest fuzz just loves himself a little ol band called falco

Run To Me 05-17-2019 04:32 PM

This board is dying in front of our eyes somebody do something quick!

Run To Me 05-17-2019 04:33 PM

Guys let’s have an “id honestly rather listen to” thread! We can list all the things we’d rather listen to than youtubes of old man bill and the gang falling asleep to the oldies! GOSH WONT THAT BE FUCKEN FUN FOR ONCE

FoolofaTook 05-17-2019 04:44 PM

second-rate rejects

topleybird 05-17-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run To Me (Post 4508173)
This board is dying in front of our eyes somebody do something quick!


Skradgee 05-17-2019 08:23 PM

Big Truck05 to thread

bright_doom 05-17-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modern90's (Post 4508136)
he should just hire a lead singer at this point, theres enought room on that stage for one more person.

There's enough room in the audience to fit a symphony orchestra in at this point.

FoolofaTook 05-17-2019 09:28 PM

Or a Megalothon.

Corgan's Bluff 05-17-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bright_doom (Post 4508188)
There's enough room in the audience to fit a symphony orchestra in at this point.

They don't have the budget for a real orchestra with their smaller audience and Corgan spending half of the money for his wardrobe malfunction.

Also Billy hates classical trained musicians since an early feud with just one string player...

paranoid 05-17-2019 10:15 PM

Hes been playing most of those songs in drop tuning since 1996 you fucking moron.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019