Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Instagram Q&A – album by album series (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187998)

Forgotten Child 05-28-2020 09:54 AM

Instagram Q&A – album by album series

Billy has been talking about an album by album Q&A for a while and will do the first one tomorrow, starting with Gish. Not sure what else he could add to what we already know, but it's worth a try.

Screenshot-20200528-154434-com-instagram-android

He will do every album, apart from Rotten Apples.

Cool As Ice Cream 05-28-2020 10:08 AM

we're going olive?

Forgotten Child 05-28-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4547440)
we're going olive?

Tastes good

cork_soaker 05-28-2020 10:28 AM

"so i was doing boatloads of LSD, and, well, there you have it"

Ram27 05-28-2020 10:52 AM

don't get why he's so touchy about playing guitar on these

cork_soaker 05-28-2020 11:03 AM

insecurity re profoundly diminished skills relative to the period of discussion?

incubator 05-28-2020 11:15 AM

WPC: Ok..is this thing on? It is? Ok great. Welcome to the first album by album by err.. yours truly. And with me, my beautiful and talented friend, a great champion of the band.. Linda Strawberry!

Linda: Hi everyone! *blows a kiss*

WPC: So this album is.. of course.. GISH. It's.. well.. a great one for anyone who's stuck in the past and sad old internet trolls. I hear this..the err.. this album's popular on Netphoria *laughs*. So, you know? Yeah, YOU know.. This record always reminds me of WRESTLING anyway. It's got quite a wrestling vibe to it.

Linda: *nods* yeah it's.. oh my god. I've always thought that. It's a VERY wrestling album.

WPC: Interesting story about the first song, I am One.. if you're interested in this track then consider yourself BLOCKED. Bye bye. So the real, inside story of I am One is I wrote and recorded every single note and word, I very closely coached Jimmy through the drumming and then the producer Butch Vig said that I'm the most talented person he's ever worked with. Period. Anyway it's a very wrestling song.

Linda: I always thought this one was a cowrite with James?

WPC: BLOCKED

Ram27 05-28-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork_soaker (Post 4547447)
insecurity re profoundly diminished skills relative to the period of discussion?

we're not asking for him to sing here lol

Ram27 05-28-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incubator (Post 4547451)
WPC: Ok..is this thing on? It is? Ok great. Welcome to the first album by album by err.. yours truly. And with me, my beautiful and talented friend, a great champion of the band.. Linda Strawberry!

Linda: Hi everyone! *blows a kiss*

WPC: So this album is.. of course.. GISH. It's.. well.. a great one for anyone who's stuck in the past and sad old internet trolls. I hear this..the err.. this album's popular on Netphoria *laughs*. So, you know? Yeah, YOU know.. This record always reminds me of WRESTLING anyway. It's got quite a wrestling vibe to it.

Linda: *nods* yeah it's.. oh my god. I've always thought that. It's a VERY wrestling album.

WPC: Interesting story about the first song, I am One.. if you're interested in this track then consider yourself BLOCKED. Bye bye. So the real, inside story of I am One is I wrote and recorded every single note and word, I very closely coached Jimmy through the drumming and then the producer Butch Vig said that I'm the most talented person he's ever worked with. Period. Anyway it's a very wrestling song.

Linda: I always thought this one was a cowrite with James?

WPC: BLOCKED

spot on. i don't even need to watch the stream now

Oklahoma Sexual 05-28-2020 01:09 PM

William "get BOTN if you discuss any pre-Machina album on IG unless doing a lame version of a podcast with a Sad Machine, but also play all of these hits live for last 4 years, but also ok to talk about in a deep dive setting with fan engagement" Patrick Corgan

Oklahoma Sexual 05-28-2020 01:12 PM

A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G he does is of massive disinterest to me. I can't stomach him even talking, in general, anymore.

houseofglass11 05-28-2020 03:38 PM

Is it confirmed with Strawbz is gonna be on this one? Ugh I hope not. Can't stand her.

LaBelle 05-28-2020 05:17 PM

I thought this would never happen. I'm gonna try and take a listen.

Forgotten Child 05-28-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4547501)
Is it confirmed with Strawbz is gonna be on this one? Ugh I hope not. Can't stand her.

Nope. No mention of her.

Disco King 05-28-2020 07:19 PM

It's just gifs of cartoon zombies.

houseofglass11 05-28-2020 07:51 PM

When he starts this stream his inbox should be flooded with zombie gifs. "Oh you wanna talk about one of your old albums now fucker?"

Ram27 05-28-2020 10:45 PM

LOL @ corgan tonight

person asks a semi lighthearted question if corgan would wear the trippy shirts from gish era for the stream

corgan replies with block of the night

person says sorry. corgan says person is taking it too seriously [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy] and corgan is not the one to go to for absolution

Disco King 05-28-2020 11:13 PM

I was actually going to watch this, but then I did other stuff instead.

Is it recorded or archived or something?

enthusaroo 05-29-2020 12:07 AM

Will we finally find out the truth that Courtney Love actually wrote all of Siamese Dream?

brothahi4L 05-29-2020 03:34 AM

I am so sick of strawtits..... fkn bloodsucker.......

Who can bear wpc nowadays?

Sftu bolly and release new single.the whole music world is waiting for the new mighty bolzi vibrato with cheesy synthsheiss

incubator 05-29-2020 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enthusaroo (Post 4547574)
Will we finally find out the truth that Courtney Love actually wrote all of Siamese Dream?

The real reason WPC is a bit of a dick about his old stuff is that it was ghost-written by Courtney Love.

The Hole album "Celebrity Skin" was a rare case of "ghostception", with Courtney ghost writing for WPC who was ghost writing for her. The first album actually wrote by WPC was Teargarden which wasn't that bad for a novice.

Joey Goldberg 05-29-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4547565)
I was actually going to watch this, but then I did other stuff instead.

Is it recorded or archived or something?

it hasn't happened yet, the stream is tonight

& for what it's worth, instagram doesn't archive livestreams, so hopefully someone might record these - imma certainly try & watch it live though

houseofglass11 05-29-2020 10:16 AM

All the previous live-streams from the last week are archived on igtv. You can still watch them. I imagine this one will be too.

Joey Goldberg 05-29-2020 10:20 AM

damn, last I heard they didn't archive livestreams. i thought IGTV was just it's own thing for posting longer videos

fluxequalsrad 05-29-2020 12:35 PM

These have been fun so far. Noteable was the moment where Billy mentioned offhand that he does not consider himself a messiah figure.

*central stage production moment of 2018 tour featured a procession of alter boys carrying a billy corgan monument through the crowd during Stairway to Heaven cover*

FoolofaTook 05-29-2020 12:36 PM

wow he's so humble!

melonhead 05-29-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual (Post 4547486)
A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G he does is of massive disinterest to me. I can't stomach him even talking, in general, anymore.

I finally removed myself from his IG. Couldn’t stand how insufferable he was and the fans writing in questions are just as bad.

LaBelle 05-29-2020 02:34 PM

Oklahoma Sexual 05-29-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonhead (Post 4547660)
I finally removed myself from his IG. Couldn’t stand how insufferable he was and the fans writing in questions are just as bad.

Agreed

pavementtune 05-29-2020 02:44 PM

I never followed him, but I have an urge to punish myself by listening to something that actually means nothing (opposed to watching the news today).

Do I have to follow him to watch this live? and what time is it gonna start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by brothahi4L (Post 4547584)
synthsheiss

beautifully said!