Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Live At Eurockéennes on ARTE Concert (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187408)

MyKeyZ 07-07-2019 05:53 PM

Live At Eurockéennes on ARTE Concert

ARTE Concert YouTube is live streaming their set...

MyKeyZ 07-07-2019 06:03 PM

Been playing for about 20 minutes

FoolofaTook 07-07-2019 06:56 PM

OMG IT"S MYKEYZ!!!!!!!!!!

LEGEND

MyKeyZ 07-07-2019 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4512361)
OMG IT"S MYKEYZ!!!!!!!!!!

LEGEND

HOLLA! MYKEYZ IN THE HIZZIE!

MyKeyZ 07-07-2019 07:35 PM

Stream was going for almost a good hour before suddenly got a "Something went wrong" message and it disappeared. Can't even watch any of it now. Gone. Wonder if ARTE wasn't supposed to stream it. I must admit, the mix sounded quite weak.

amoergosum 07-08-2019 02:02 AM

Corgan's Bluff 07-08-2019 10:15 AM

No Pumpkins in the Arte-TV festival archive:

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/RC-014...-eurockeennes/

fuzzyroes 07-08-2019 05:57 PM

That aeropolane performance fucking suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks

MyKeyZ 07-08-2019 06:47 PM

Maybe Billy realized it was a shit performance and was like, "Hey ARTE, get rid of that shit. We need to keep selling tickets here."

amoergosum 07-09-2019 02:54 AM

StaleIncense 07-09-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoergosum (Post 4512375)

Now, if we compare that with this https://archive.org/details/tsp1996-...-17d2t04.flac# (or this), we will hear something 1247264783465834 times better, but only because we are fu***ing stupid sharks on netphoria.
Not because he does not feel or scream it anymore.
:love:

paranoid 07-09-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4512419)
That aeropolane performance fucking suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkks

i seriously can't agree with a single fucking thing you post here.

VoxUpDoc 07-09-2019 02:22 PM

Wowee... that performance of Tonight was lethargic.

This isn't a great performance either but worth posting as a cleanser.
Bill is a totally different singer and Jimmy pumping out more energy on autopilot.

houseofglass11 07-09-2019 04:01 PM

That sure was a lumbering and plodding version of TAFH. Don't like that they seemingly play everything now to a click. No energy.

jimmy drevpile 07-09-2019 04:38 PM

Has youtube got Superchrist yet? JC is on fire. Shame about the mix... but still

oh, yep: https://youtu.be/c4xZEbivXL4?t=2937

houseofglass11 07-09-2019 04:48 PM

That version of Siva is like 15bpm slower than the album version. Downright geriatric.

paranoid 07-09-2019 05:19 PM

Where has it been confirmed they do everything (and I underline everything) to a click?

And I’m loving TAFH slower. More stoner/doom, makes it nice and dark.

paranoid 07-09-2019 05:36 PM

Also siva is same tempo I’ve measured both of them going at approximately 109 bpm.

FoolofaTook 07-09-2019 06:22 PM

Bull fucking shit it does. I just measured them both myself and I fixed an accurate reading of 108.5 bpm.

paranoid 07-09-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4512493)
Bull fucking shit it does. I just measured them both myself and I fixed an accurate reading of 108.5 bpm.

Your dad measures at 108.5

FoolofaTook 07-09-2019 08:54 PM

:rofl:

fuzzyroes 07-09-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4512488)
That version of Siva is like 15bpm slower than the album version. Downright geriatric.

Corgan doesn't understand the cardinal rule that songs should be performed FASTER live. Joan Jett does the same thing live, it drives me nuts.

fuzzyroes 07-09-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid (Post 4512489)
And I’m loving TAFH slower. More stoner/doom, makes it nice and dark.

haha what version are you listening to, bro?

God man, it's just terrible. No intensity or energy at all... Totally just phoning it in.

fuzzyroes 07-09-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4512485)
That sure was a lumbering and plodding version of TAFH. Don't like that they seemingly play everything now to a click. No energy.

Amen. Sounds like they're just going through the motions.

russticles 07-09-2019 11:34 PM

I don't think they're doing everything to a 'click' but since Jimmy rejoined from the Manson tour onwards, the tempo's have been rock solid and usually staying around album tempo. I kind of miss when Jimmy used to push the tempos live and would usually pick up speed after doing certain fills... I've read interviews where he looks back on those times and doesn't like hearing himself speed up so much, that his meter is "shit". I can see why he'd think that but those tempo pushes added a lot of excitement and danger, I loved that about the live performances.

All this time away and practising and "age" I guess has mellowed his tempo out a bit, still plays like a motherfucker though.

I'm pretty sure Billy was asked on IG if they were playing to a click for the Shiny tour (cause of all the visuals) but he said no.

Watching the TAFH footage, it's pretty slow and lumbering... I was expecting it to pick up a bit of steam once it hit that outro riff but nope, same tempo. Kind of leads me to believe there may be a click involved but I'm sure it's just how they're playing together now, maybe there was a discussion to not play so fast so old mate Bill doesn't wear himself out.

Ram27 07-10-2019 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody (Post 4512482)
Wowee... that performance of Tonight was lethargic.

This isn't a great performance either but worth posting as a cleanser.
Bill is a totally different singer and Jimmy pumping out more energy on autopilot.

wow, never seen that one before, thanks.

why is d'arcy playing guitar?

i love seeing jimmy play SP stuff with a stripped down [hi took] kit

Ram27 07-10-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russticles (Post 4512526)
I don't think they're doing everything to a 'click' but since Jimmy rejoined from the Manson tour onwards, the tempo's have been rock solid and usually staying around album tempo. I kind of miss when Jimmy used to push the tempos live and would usually pick up speed after doing certain fills... I've read interviews where he looks back on those times and doesn't like hearing himself speed up so much, that his meter is "shit". I can see why he'd think that but those tempo pushes added a lot of excitement and danger, I loved that about the live performances.

All this time away and practising and "age" I guess has mellowed his tempo out a bit, still plays like a motherfucker though.

I'm pretty sure Billy was asked on IG if they were playing to a click for the Shiny tour (cause of all the visuals) but he said no.

Watching the TAFH footage, it's pretty slow and lumbering... I was expecting it to pick up a bit of steam once it hit that outro riff but nope, same tempo. Kind of leads me to believe there may be a click involved but I'm sure it's just how they're playing together now, maybe there was a discussion to not play so fast so old mate Bill doesn't wear himself out.

Agreed, I miss the crazy tempos. When I listen to SP, it's 95% old bootlegs just cause it's so fun to hear them go crazy playing things fast, JC pulling off crazy fills at even crazier tempos. The badass stuff sounds even more badass, the pretty stuff sounds just as pretty

Jimmy said at a drum clinic that it was Billy's idea to push tempos live, and Jimmy introduced the band to starting songs off on a click in 2015. I guess he never really liked going that fast.

But the movement itself seems like a huge advantage, assuming [the royal] you and the rest of the band are talented enough to lock in, like BC/JC are. SP is all about contrasts, loud/quiet, XYU/Whir, fast/slow. It's another tool to express the emotion of the song

I know very very little about jazz but from a very broad outsider's perspective, fluid tempo seems very jazzy?

paranoid 07-10-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4512516)
haha what version are you listening to, bro?

God man, it's just terrible. No intensity or energy at all... Totally just phoning it in.

Yeah I fucking heard you the first time, and you’re wrong.

paranoid 07-10-2019 01:58 AM

Jimmy’s keeping it in the pocket tempo wise so that he can play crazier shit without throwing the band off.. like over the bar line stuff, polyrhythms, etc. see- siva and superchrist. He’s doing a lot of tricks here that he started to introduce through the jimmy chamberlin complex. He’s evolved. Band sounds great, James is especially killing it.

Wayyyy better than having mike Byrnes pointless diarrhea fucking up the songs.

jakobtheliar 07-10-2019 03:48 AM

on the Manson 2015 tour, Jimmy posted a bunch of stuff about his kit and everything he used. he uses a metronome. it was in that thread on here.

I think ram was posting the updates