Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   you guys ever think about how everyone will be old (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=188364)

reprise85 12-24-2020 05:31 PM

you guys ever think about how everyone will be old

like think of all the old famous people. you know the ones just around our ages or a little older

we are going to watch them all grow old as famous people

like justin timerberlake gonna be old ass dick van dyke one day

just think about all these people being old:

john mulaney
dave chappelle
ryan gosling
scarlet johansson
natalie portman
joseph gordon-levitt

and these people who are already 40+ gonna be some wrinkly motherfuckers in just a few decades:
conan o'brien
uma thurman
brad pitt
ed norton

and people already kind getting up there were young actors when you were growing up like tom hanks, denzel washington, jim carrey

etc etc etc

and all the kids you know right now under 10 years old you will know for most of their lives as adults

and all this has happened over and over and none of it matters

cool talk

toase 12-24-2020 05:34 PM

rich people will look like this

run2pee 12-24-2020 08:14 PM

Yeah, it’s weird

Disco King 12-24-2020 08:16 PM

I often feel as though my life is just passing me by and I haven't really accomplished anything or done anything notable. I also feel like I've missed out on a lot of fun formative experiences that I can never get back.

I also think about all the fascinating topics out there and resent the fact that I will never be able to learn all of them on anything more than a cursory level. I'm already past the age where learning certain things is a lot easier due to higher neuroplasticity and just plain more free time with fewer responsibilities.

Disco King 12-24-2020 08:20 PM

LaBelle 12-24-2020 08:41 PM

I feel some people just don't seem to old fast enough.
Or die for that matter.

FoolofaTook 12-24-2020 08:44 PM

some?

shit. try most.

ovary 12-24-2020 09:08 PM

i think abt this all the time. life, death, what's the diff? i'm a fossil in a 31 yr old human body. fuck me, universe!

ovary 12-24-2020 09:10 PM

i'd prefer a dick but a cuke will suffice

MyOneAndOnly 12-24-2020 11:03 PM

I turn 50 next month

I don't feel that old. No one who meets me believes i'm older than 40. so that at least makes be feel better

Shallowed 12-24-2020 11:18 PM

Is this the story of the Johnny Rotten?

Shallowed 12-24-2020 11:18 PM

fuck

Shallowed 12-24-2020 11:19 PM

the

Shallowed 12-24-2020 11:19 PM

entire

Elphenor 12-24-2020 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4571464)
like think of all the old famous people. you know the ones just around our ages or a little older

we are going to watch them all grow old as famous people

like justin timerberlake gonna be old ass dick van dyke one day

just think about all these people being old:

john mulaney
dave chappelle
ryan gosling
scarlet johansson
natalie portman
joseph gordon-levitt

and these people who are already 40+ gonna be some wrinkly motherfuckers in just a few decades:
conan o'brien
uma thurman
brad pitt
ed norton

and people already kind getting up there were young actors when you were growing up like tom hanks, denzel washington, jim carrey

etc etc etc

and all the kids you know right now under 10 years old you will know for most of their lives as adults

and all this has happened over and over and none of it matters

cool talk

it seems unbelievable put that way

but they'll old relative to us ye?

I imagine olding seems insane and depressing when you don't consider how your perspective will change with the years

Merry Christmas, stay healthy

Elphenor 12-24-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4571494)
Is this the story of the Johnny Rotten?

this dude aged twenty years in two

when I saw PiL just the October before last he seemed eternally young

MyOneAndOnly 12-24-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4571499)
when I saw PiL just the October before last he seemed eternally young

really?

Disco King 12-24-2020 11:59 PM

I was recently wasting my life infinitely scrolling down the Reddit app when I saw some advert for an investment app or something with some vaguely familiar old guy giving a testemonial. Took me a second to recognize who it was, and then I realized it was fucking Bill O'Reilly.

He looks fucking old now. I mean, I know he was already old, but he looks like time itself these days.

It's less jarring when you watch somebody slowly aging, not noticing the subtle day-to-day differences until you compare their current face to a picture from ten years ago.

But O'Reilly no longer being a constant media presence since even people who hadn't yet realized that he's a scumbag came to find out that he's a scumbag and getting sacked by Fox for being a creepo means that I haven't had to look at his grim mug for years.

But the biggest question is, what fucking company would want Bill O'Reilly as the face of their company?

Ram27 12-25-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4571480)
I often feel as though my life is just passing me by and I haven't really accomplished anything or done anything notable

i just watched a wonderful life for the first time and realized how it'd be pretty depressing if the angel took most people back - everything would basically be the same, we all just quietly labor away

reprise85 12-25-2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4571498)
it seems unbelievable put that way

but they'll old relative to us ye?

I imagine olding seems insane and depressing when you don't consider how your perspective will change with the years

Merry Christmas, stay healthy

Yeah but I'm not even talking about emotional perspective. Just that all the people who were old were once young and it sounds mundane until you think about people you can see age over time, since you can view their older works. For example, old SNL or Shatner on old Twilight Zone episodes. The circle of life or whatever can be seen in such an interesting way because of media

reprise85 12-25-2020 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571492)
I turn 50 next month

I don't feel that old. No one who meets me believes i'm older than 40. so that at least makes be feel better

yeah that is unbelievable for sure

Elphenor 12-25-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571500)
really?

yeah he wasn't fat like that

and he totally killed it

it was unironically the greatest night of my life

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphenor (Post 4571514)
yeah he wasn't fat like that

and he totally killed it

it was unironically the greatest night of my life

two years ago?

that is a 2018 pic

Are you sure you saw PIL? Here is John two years ago. Not unusual for a xenophobic, racist alcoholic 64 year old hate filled man.

I don't understand how these old punks rationalize the fact that they hated Margaret Thatcher for being a fascist and now think she's not fascist enough.

It's like Morrissey writing a song in the 90s about how terrible english xenophobia is... and now he supports Brexit and expelling foreigners.

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 12:46 PM

holy shit that's Kurt Loder from MTV. I didn't recognize him at first.

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 12:54 PM

Willie Nelson will outlive them all

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 12:59 PM

Pauly Shore

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 01:03 PM

I didn't know that Kennedy from MTV is a right winger and has spent the last decade working for fox news.

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 01:10 PM

Dave Kendall kind of looks the same. just wears a suit now

Shallowed 12-26-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly (Post 4571560)
I don't understand how these old punks rationalize the fact that they hated Margaret Thatcher for being a fascist and now think she's not fascist enough.

How could anyone have foreseen this??

MyOneAndOnly 12-26-2020 07:31 PM

Sid was a POS scumbag. Lydon too.

I never understood why kids treated Sid as some kind of punk god. He couldn't play bass and only co wrote 3 songs.