Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rate the last movie you watched (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=182317)

LaBelle 03-23-2015 11:50 PM

Woah, that looks amazing.
Added to my list

pavementtune 03-23-2015 11:53 PM

how long is your list? mine keeps getting longer instead of shorter...

also didn't we have a tv shows megathread or something?

someone explain The Leftovers to me.
I feel like watching Lost all over again (only better.)
Some seriously fucked up shit in there.

LaBelle 03-23-2015 11:54 PM

It's ridiculously long at this point. I recently got a bunch of asian horror films and i've yet to see one.

The exploding boy 03-24-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4170172)
someone explain The Leftovers to me.
I feel like watching Lost all over again (only better.)
Some seriously fucked up shit in there.

Are you asking cause you watched it and didn't get it or cause you haven't and you want to know what its about?

I liked it but it better have a decent payoff unlike lost. Probably won't though.

teh b0lly!!1 03-24-2015 04:04 AM

Gone Girl

pretty fucking great! ben affleck wasn't the best casting job ever but he wasn't bad enough to spoil it. it's really well written. had me completely in the dark, i didn't know where it was going to go at any given minute of the movie. there is some spot on commentary on the media, news coverage, gender roles and what it's like to be in a relationship that you compromised on.
i really enjoyed it but there is just something i can't put my finger on that made it not be one of those movies you're just floored by. maybe ben affleck.

pavementtune 03-24-2015 07:04 AM

SPOILERS: The Leftovers

Quote:

Originally Posted by The exploding boy (Post 4170176)
Are you asking cause you watched it and didn't get it or cause you haven't and you want to know what its about?

I liked it but it better have a decent payoff unlike lost. Probably won't though.

seen it, and wonder if they haven't given certain clues yet, or if I've missed those.
oddly enough nobody I mentioned it to has seen more than the pilot.

- guilty remnants: they spend a ton of cash, who is financing them?

- boss of the guilty r: she admits to have been responsible for killing one of her own.
yet when they all went looking for that woman and eventually find her dead on a tree, nobody was expecting it. so boss Patti didn't tell anyone what she was doing, not even Laurie?

- the white cop shirts: weren't in the dry cleaners or stolen, Justin Theroux finds them in the woods. all 8, each one tuck to another tree (and two pair of boots next to a campire.) so he's been there 8 times before without remembering it. what was he doing?

- cop dad: the voices he's hearing, is the actual source of it revealed?

- what metaphors are the mad dogs (and deer) supposed to resemble?

fuck it, it's been a while that a tv series actually drew me into some psycho plot.
I agree, they better not mess with the plot in the second season. waaaaaaaalt! all over again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 (Post 4170219)
Gone Girl

pretty fucking great!

worth watching for Rosamund Pike alone, she's damn great.

bye june 03-24-2015 11:24 AM

The Blair Witch Project - I got so spooked. B+

Starla 03-24-2015 11:36 AM

The discoverers .... it was ok. It had a few moments but all in all I was bored.

The exploding boy 03-24-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavementtune (Post 4170269)
seen it, and wonder if they haven't given certain clues yet, or if I've missed those.
oddly enough nobody I mentioned it to has seen more than the pilot.

- guilty remnants: they spend a ton of cash, who is financing them?

- boss of the guilty r: she admits to have been responsible for killing one of her own.
yet when they all went looking for that woman and eventually find her dead on a tree, nobody was expecting it. so boss Patti didn't tell anyone what she was doing, not even Laurie?

- the white cop shirts: weren't in the dry cleaners or stolen, Justin Theroux finds them in the woods. all 8, each one tuck to another tree (and two pair of boots next to a campire.) so he's been there 8 times before without remembering it. what was he doing?

- cop dad: the voices he's hearing, is the actual source of it revealed?

- what metaphors are the mad dogs (and deer) supposed to resemble?

fuck it, it's been a while that a tv series actually drew me into some psycho plot.
I agree, they better not mess with the plot in the second season. waaaaaaaalt! all over again.
at.

The thing is M read the book and said that where the first season ends is where the book ends. That's it. Plot done. No more resolution than this. I'm glad it got picked up for more than one season because that isn't enough for me.

As for your questions i'm boring in that....like with Lost, i never really bother trying to figure it out. i just figure in time we'll get the answers.

I mean M had a gigantic notebook about Lost. She'd write own hints, theories, plot threads whatever every episode, every season. Now i ask, knowing the ending and how many unresolved threads there were.. WAS THAT REALLY WORTH IT? why should i bother doing more work than the writers probably will?

hnibos 03-24-2015 03:59 PM

For fun.

slunken 03-24-2015 05:45 PM

i finally watched SAW last night. was that the guy from robin hood men in tights? also half of the cast was in LOST>

slunken 03-24-2015 05:46 PM

also lol danny glover damn you why are you always a shitty cop

slunken 03-24-2015 05:48 PM

also the main villian kept flip-flopping back and forth betwenn genuine scary killer and hilariously bad comic villian

i think that about wraps up my movie review

teh b0lly!!1 03-25-2015 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slunken (Post 4170439)
i finally watched SAW last night. was that the guy from robin hood men in tights? also half of the cast was in LOST>

i only recently realized that one of them is the guy from The Princess Bride

yo soy el mejor 03-25-2015 08:48 AM

Cary Elwes

:love:

yo soy el mejor 03-25-2015 08:55 AM

ilikeplanets 03-25-2015 09:42 AM

I am watching guardians of the galaxy because andy

i like it for a superhero movie. they're not usually my thing

The exploding boy 03-25-2015 10:20 AM

Yeah it has a heart.

LaBelle 03-29-2015 01:43 AM

Stick It!

This is a really dumb movie, but I really really like it having seen it when I was 16.
Missy Peregrym is awesome in this film as is Jeff Bridges.

Really recommend if you don't mind a very silly, fun movie.

teh b0lly!!1 03-29-2015 02:33 AM

MUD

caught this on tv the other day. i figured i'd only stick around to see matthew mccaughnoghahay. total piece of shit. it tries real heard to put on great cinematography, soundtrack etc, but the actual movie that's underneath it sucks. and not even in the fun way. plus the ubiquitous obligatory southern accent ya'll.

noyen 03-29-2015 03:02 AM

Force Majeure - pretty fucking great in a lot of ways. i describe it as eyes wide shut in theme / its a compexities of relationships movie and more about masculinity and selfishness and other societal things. its beatifully shot and now one of my fav dark comedies.

The exploding boy 03-29-2015 04:14 AM

Oh i was confused for a minute until i looked it up. I thought you meant the french Force Majeure that was remade in the US as Return to Paradise.. I was like...hmmm... that's nowhere near a comedy.

And reading about the movie you mean...theyre gonna remake that in the US too...

Trotskilicious 03-29-2015 04:40 AM

i saw Ravenous again, it's a movie from maybe late nineties about cannibalism in frontier california with guy pierce and robert carlysle. it's a wonderful forgotten gem, soundtrack by damon albarn believe it or not

noyen 03-29-2015 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The exploding boy (Post 4172169)
Oh i was confused for a minute until i looked it up. I thought you meant the french Force Majeure that was remade in the US as Return to Paradise.. I was like...hmmm... that's nowhere near a comedy.

And reading about the movie you mean...theyre gonna remake that in the US too...

great.

noyen 03-29-2015 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4172170)
i saw Ravenous again, it's a movie from maybe late nineties about cannibalism in frontier california with guy pierce and robert carlysle. it's a wonderful forgotten jem, soundtrack by damon albarn believe it or not

love that movie

Trotskilicious 03-29-2015 06:48 AM

i love when heroic sacrifices are ironically pointless

plus the weird little cast

Catherine Wheel 03-29-2015 07:45 AM

Run All Night: 9/10

The action sequences were good but the chemistry between Ed Harris and Liam Neeson is really what makes this one work so well.

Sonic Johnny 03-29-2015 08:39 AM

there is nothing I have any intention of watching coming out between now and Jurassic World.

vixnix 03-29-2015 10:41 AM

Deep Blue Sea.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149261/

In terms of entertainment, I would give it a 10. Based on my satisfaction with this film, I will probably give Sharknado and Snakes on a Plane a go, sometime soon.