Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What if Netphoria vs. Sadmachines, but Weezer? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187022)

VoxUpDoc 01-29-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4496073)

Tell me this isn't fucking rad!!!

Would you like to pull up a chair?

Mals Marola 01-29-2019 04:11 PM

sounds like somebody needs to fix their ratitude

Funbags 01-30-2019 06:09 AM

Weezer are their own Greta Van Fleet.

FoolofaTook 01-30-2019 10:19 AM

Greta Van Skeet

L O L

fuzzyroes 01-30-2019 11:54 AM

Heh, how bout that. Fantano likes the Weezer cover album too... Pretty much sums up exactly my shared thoughts. This guy knows his music

johncg 01-30-2019 12:19 PM

Fuzzy was the kid who listened carefully to everything the principal said during a school assembly and took it all to heart.

Either that or he is a Mach 50000000 super high level stealth troll.

pale_princess 01-30-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes

I thought since there was already a Weezer thread on the SP side of things that it would be fair game

Goddammit, fuzzy, this was part of my initial post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_princess (Post 4489202)
ps fuzzy pls don't derail this into you defending post-pinkerton Weezer

johncg 01-30-2019 06:41 PM

If you enjoy post Pinkerton Weezer, you are human garbage

houseofglass11 01-30-2019 06:47 PM

the weezer cover album is godawful, the most uninspired retreads of songs done exactly the way they were originally recorded. but I'm with fuzzy in that 'you gave your love to me softly' is completely unfuckwithable, that's a jam and a 1/2.

Mals Marola 01-30-2019 07:07 PM

the passion people have for demanding that other people don't like post-Pinkerton Weezer is stronger than any love i've seen one give for post-Pinkerton Weezer

why do y'all

care ?

Mals Marola 01-30-2019 07:07 PM

and at least say post-Maladroit, shit-fucks!

johncg 01-30-2019 07:49 PM

It’s like if someone compares McDonald’s to a filet mignon. Like what is wrong with your judgment? So far off that it’s disturbing

Mals Marola 01-30-2019 08:18 PM

fuckin'

what?

Mals Marola 01-30-2019 08:19 PM

who's comparing anything to anything! can't a yung thug on the rise spin some Green Album, some god damn "Hash Pipe" from time to time without some kind of warped analogy of thinking Big Macs are better'n Ruth's Chris STEAK?

sad world, we live in, mad world...

johncg 01-30-2019 08:35 PM

Yes you can. But some of us in this thread seem to not know the difference between steak and Big Mac, that’s all.

Mals Marola 01-30-2019 08:44 PM

if you wanna make the Canadian feel bad maybe you should be talking about poutine or whateverthefuck

johncg 01-30-2019 08:51 PM

Mmm poontang

fuzzyroes 01-30-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofglass11 (Post 4496308)
the weezer cover album is godawful, the most uninspired retreads of songs done exactly the way they were originally recorded..

It's obviously nothing special and is probably why they released it with no notice. But I really like the cover of Take On Me. I think they added their own spin there, and there's a few other fun tracks.

For me nowadays, if a new record has even a song or 2 that I like, it's a win. There's just not a lot of new music gripping me anymore. For example, I enjoy the Teal album more than Shiny and Oh So Bright.

fuzzyroes 01-30-2019 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4496314)
the passion people have for demanding that other people don't like post-Pinkerton Weezer is stronger than any love i've seen one give for post-Pinkerton Weezer

why do y'all

care ?

Yeah, it's really a weird phenomenon. I think it's because the post-Pinkerton songs that suck, REALLY SUCK. But there's usually a few songs on each release that I can dig, so I think criticism is way overblown. For example, if you look at Billy Corgans output post-2000 compared to Rivers Cuomo, I don't think there's any argument that Cuomo blows him out of the water. Plus, Weezers still managed to maintain a level of relevancy which few other 90's bands have managed.

fuzzyroes 01-30-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johncg (Post 4496323)
It’s like if someone compares McDonald’s to a filet mignon. Like what is wrong with your judgment? So far off that it’s disturbing

Well come on man, what new music would you refer to as "filet mignon" these days?

If you're a guitar-driven rock fan, there's not a lot out there to like anymore. That is one thing that's a certainty.

pale_princess 01-31-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4496358)
It's obviously nothing special and is probably why they released it with no notice. But I really like the cover of Take On Me. I think they added their own spin there, and there's a few other fun tracks.

For me nowadays, if a new record has even a song or 2 that I like, it's a win. There's just not a lot of new music gripping me anymore. For example, I enjoy the Teal album more than Shiny and Oh So Bright.

The only "spin" Rivers added to Take On Me is his garbage lazy vocals, otherwise, it's a reductive retread.

Honestly, if you think albums with 2 good songs are good albums, you may want to start looking for new bands to listen to. You basically sound like the boomers who think Bohemian Rhapsody is a good movie because they liked the Live Aid reenactment.

Mals Marola 01-31-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_princess (Post 4496506)
The only "spin" Rivers added to Take On Me is his garbage lazy vocals, otherwise, it's a reductive retread.

Honestly, if you think albums with 2 good songs are good albums, you may want to start looking for new bands to listen to. You basically sound like the boomers who think Bohemian Rhapsody is a good movie because they liked the Live Aid reenactment.

he doesn't just sound like that, friend. that is fuzzy roses to the core!

Mals Marola 01-31-2019 05:58 PM

& fuzzdog your whole thing about there not being any good bands or whatev these days is based solely in the old industry way of thinking - the old industry ain't reppin' any bands anymore, aside from the ones who are really just a series of pop writers & producers funneled through the guise of a band (Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, Coldplay by this point) and horrible nostalgia cash-grabs (Greta) so unless yer keyed in to something outside of that, you're probably not gonna be happy with what the remainder of the Big Music Industry is gonna try & serve you

FoolofaTook 01-31-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4496360)

If you're a guitar-driven rock fan, there's not a lot out there to like anymore. That is one thing that's a certainty.

fuzzyroes 01-31-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mals Marola (Post 4496508)
& fuzzdog your whole thing about there not being any good bands or whatev these days is based solely in the old industry way of thinking - the old industry ain't reppin' any bands anymore, aside from the ones who are really just a series of pop writers & producers funneled through the guise of a band (Imagine Dragons, OneRepublic, Coldplay by this point) and horrible nostalgia cash-grabs (Greta) so unless yer keyed in to something outside of that, you're probably not gonna be happy with what the remainder of the Big Music Industry is gonna try & serve you

I listen to a lot of independent music, and there's nothing really all that gripping for me.

Trust me, I've dug deep and checked out all the indie darlings and have scoured deep in the depths within bandcamp and other sites, and there's honestly just not much that's great.

Seems to be all about the hip-hop these days, which is something that doesn't personally interest me at all

Mals Marola 01-31-2019 06:56 PM

fuzzyroes 01-31-2019 07:05 PM

If one wants to point me towards some great modern guitar driven rock music, I'm all ears!

I always hear this narrative that if you don't dig new bands, you're just not trying hard enough but really, it's just a dying genre. There's little new energy being pumped into it. That's why posers like Greta Van Fleet are such a breath of fresh air for so many people. No one rocks anymore.

FoolofaTook 01-31-2019 07:11 PM

:rofl:

FoolofaTook 01-31-2019 07:11 PM

keep trying. eventually someone will take you seriously and you will get what you came for.

Mals Marola 01-31-2019 07:17 PM

no they won't & no he won't!