Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   new weezer Pork And Beans (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=158727)

Fattening Ass 05-23-2008 01:28 PM

hahaha that video is so retarded

fluxequalsrad 05-23-2008 01:50 PM

after reading the Rivers biography, these god-awful lyrics about making a hit song are no surprise. He can not write a song with an ounce of sincerity anymore.

waltermcphilp 05-23-2008 02:07 PM

i actually enjoyed that. :blush:

ravenguy2000 05-23-2008 04:19 PM

That video is a pretty brilliant piece of marketing.

Rider 05-23-2008 04:20 PM

Lame song, even lamer video.

Andy / 05-23-2008 04:37 PM

The South Park already did it.

aztec litany service 05-23-2008 04:55 PM

crap, but it's interesting how much the chorus sounds like the blue album

Sylvia Woods 05-23-2008 05:13 PM

is Matt Sharp in that video?

mxzombie 05-23-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 3259668)
Lame song, even lamer video.

exactly. as if stupid internet video memes need any more exposure

maoi 05-23-2008 07:52 PM

awesome vid. totally won me over.

TheDeuce 05-23-2008 11:17 PM

just in case anyone cares, here's a list of all the songs that are known to be coming out:

Album Tracks:
1.Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)
3. Pork and Beans
4. Heart Songs
5. Everybody Get Dangerous
6. Dreamin’
7. Thought I Knew
8. Cold Dark World
9. Automatic
10. The Angel and the One

UK Version Bonus Tracks
11. The Weight (The Band Cover)
12. Life is what you make it (Talk Talk Cover)

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks:
13. Miss Sweeney
14. Pig
15. The Spider
16. King

iTunes Bonus Track:
17. It's easy

iTunes Pre-Order Bonus Track:
18. I can love

Pork and Beans CD Single B-Side:
19. Are friends electric? (Tubeway Army Cover)

Pork and Beans 7'' #1 B-Side:
20. Love my way (Psychedelic Furs Cover)

Pork and Beans 7'' #2 B-Side:
21. Oddfellow local 151 (REM Cover)

fluxequalsrad 05-23-2008 11:49 PM

the only reason its hard to stop giving this band chances is because its so easy to like chunky guitar pop on first listen. plus the inoffensive vocals..

neopryn 05-24-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeuce (Post 3259893)

Pork and Beans 7'' #2 B-Side:
21. Oddfellow local 151 (REM Cover)

well this i want to hear

Fattening Ass 05-24-2008 01:33 AM

Isn't Are 'Friends' Electric? a Gary Numan song? oh yeah it is, just done under a different name.

Anyhoo The Replicants did a good cover of it:

redbreegull 05-24-2008 02:40 AM

I laughed at the video, I thought it was pretty clever. Although no one is going to understand it in the slightest in a few years when all this shit is forgotten.

aztec litany service 05-24-2008 04:58 AM

a numan cover? now i'm really wondering where the hell sharp is
actually looking forward to hearing those covers. talk talk were amazing.
interesting choice for an rem cover, and of course love my way rules

Rider 05-24-2008 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 3259988)
I laughed at the video, I thought it was pretty clever. Although no one is going to understand it in the slightest in a few years when all this shit is forgotten.

so clever it's been done by other bands, TV ads, TV shows ..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoFMRXlNJ6Y

mxzombie 05-24-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ************* (Post 3259927)
the video rules. people who don't like it should take the stick out of their asses.

EVERYBODY SHOULD LIKE WHAT I LIKE

fluxequalsrad 05-24-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 3260016)
so clever it's been done by other bands, TV ads, TV shows ..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoFMRXlNJ6Y

just like they ripped off that muppets video.

commando 05-24-2008 12:12 PM

I'm still uncomfortable with that new bassist guy Scott. He is not cool at all. If Sharp was in that video it would be 100x better and have probably funnier stuff in it.

fluxequalsrad 05-24-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3260109)
I'm still uncomfortable with that new bassist guy Scott. He is not cool at all. If Sharp was in that video it would be 100x better and have probably funnier stuff in it.

sharp's kind a douche too though, he's so obbsessed with himself being someone who is 'creative' with all his bullshit production collaborations and terrible new albums attempting new directions. Plus he took writing credits on 'Return of the Rentals' despite getting help on melodies from other band memebers... and he cropped out the girl in the band (bass player?) from the cover of the album without even telling her... what a dick.

commando 05-24-2008 12:30 PM

Sharp's a genuinely nice guy. You should see him after the Rentals shows. He makes an effort to meet everybody and sign everything for everybody who wants to...and not begrudgingly, either. He's probably the coolest, most down to earth musician I've personally met (even compared to zwan-era Jimmy) And it's obvious the people he works with adore him too. Rivers has always been the dick (until about 3 years ago rumor has it) and that's why he can't keep a bassist around.

Sylvia Woods 05-24-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

yeah, i thought it was him, but it's that evolution of the dance guy. it would've been cool to throw him in the background though, they seem to be on good enough germs.

Corganist 05-24-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3260115)
Rivers has always been the dick (until about 3 years ago rumor has it) and that's why he can't keep a bassist around.

They've only had two bass players since Sharp left. The original replacement for Sharp (Mikey Welsh) left the band because he had some kind of nervous breakdown, not because of any tension with Rivers (as far I know). And the current bassist has been with them for six or seven years now. Cuomo might very well be a dick, but Weezer's had a fairly steady lineup for a long time in spite of that.

I like Matt Sharp as much as the next guy, but I think it's obvious that Weezer just wasn't big enough to contain his ego and Cuomo's at the same time. There's probably plenty of blame to go around.

commando 05-24-2008 05:56 PM

Actually, it's Rivers being a complete asshole nonstop that led to Mikey's nervous breakdown. I read this looooong confessional blog type thing where Rivers tried to go around and make amends with everyone in his life (including calling and apologizing to Mikey and his wife; it was around this time Rivers and Matt settled the lawsuit and wrote some songs together) at some point before the Make Believe album where Rivers details what a Nazi he is with his music and how he tries to bring the reigns in on his ego via meditation and charitable service.

TheDeuce 05-25-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

I'm still uncomfortable with that new bassist guy Scott. He is not cool at all.

Scott is so hardcore...

fluxequalsrad 05-25-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3260249)
Actually, it's Rivers being a complete asshole nonstop that led to Mikey's nervous breakdown. I read this looooong confessional blog type thing where Rivers tried to go around and make amends with everyone in his life (including calling and apologizing to Mikey and his wife; it was around this time Rivers and Matt settled the lawsuit and wrote some songs together) at some point before the Make Believe album where Rivers details what a Nazi he is with his music and how he tries to bring the reigns in on his ego via meditation and charitable service.

anyone who has a nervous break down because their band leader who is making them rich and famous is hurting their feelings is a total douche. And besides, he had a drug problem.

davin 05-25-2008 01:38 AM

p&b the song is unoriginal but catchy, p&b the video is unoriginal but entertaining (gung ho + light sabre drum stix = joy).....but having heard 8 tracks of the new album, i can definitely say there's much better songs on the upcoming album. i think it will be a respectable effort.

redbull 05-25-2008 01:43 AM

when the fuck will this leak in full

commando 05-25-2008 01:48 AM

(to flux)
Rivers Cuomo apologist aren't we? In a marriage (which is what a band relationship essentially is), Rivers' behavior would be considered domestic abuse. Economic duress and being controlled by it is a mindfuck. Oh but he was on drugs that's right...it's all his fault. Face it-- RIVERS IS A DICK. You guys are in such denial!!!