Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   hi, my name is myoneandonly (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=173273)

Shallowed 07-13-2019 07:51 AM

I'm more concerned with convincing Labelle that I have nothing to do with you, rather than convincing you and only you that reverse racism doesn't exist

LaBelle 07-13-2019 09:51 AM

ITT Disco King defends reverse racism, and i'm the one who's crazy.

This place remains the same. I'm out.

Shallowed 07-13-2019 10:28 AM

I wouldn't say you're crazy, but just about everything you think DK and I are saying is the opposite of what we're saying.

Disco King 07-13-2019 11:45 AM

I think it's remarkable how discussions involving politics often become more about indicating one's belonging to the group through the use of the appropriate symbolism and group markers, that one can have almost identical views to somebody else, and yet automatically construe that other person as being part of the opposing group and disregard/misconstrue the content of what the other person is saying for no reason other than that they don't feel the correct ritual symbols are markers are being performed or exhibited.

For instance, in this case, it should be clear to anybody with the requisite reading ability that I am not arguing against the position that white people hold disproportionate power in society, that racial minorities are disadvantaged, and that racism against minorities by the white people who are racist perpetuate this inequality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4512744)
I think their rationale is that they don't want the racism of minorities against whites to be considered morally equivalent to the racism of whites against minorities. Especially when white racists try to make them seem equivalent to muddy the waters of debate, I can understand this intent. But it's unnecessary, because one can easily call any prejudice or discrimination on the basis of race "racism" while still holding that racism backed by power, namely the racism of whites against minorities, is worse because it has wider societal implications than a single interpersonal interaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4512784)
If the goal is to serve as a response to people who try to downplay the significance of racism against minorities with "but minorities can be racist against whites, too!", then, as I said, I think the proper response to that is simply to explain that racism against minorities is often backed by societal power that sustains inequalities…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4512812)
I don't see how my position is similar to a right-wingers' when I specifically gave an accountant of how we can still analyze racism against minorities as a more pernicious and entrenched phenomenon than racism against whites without having to redefine any words. My position, for anyone who's been paying attention, is still that white people have power in society, rendering their racism against other ethnic and racial groups supportive of systems of inequality and oppression.

Despite making this abundantly clear, somebody might only see another person critiquing a certain rhetorical slogan that's use is a common symbolic marker of the good-guy group, and then suspend all critical engagement with the content of the text after that point because their brain automatically interprets this as proof that the person is a member of the opposing political tribe. All evidence that the person is not of that group is ignored, as the reader will substitute what is actually written with the opinions of the opposing group, and argue against those instead of agaisnt what was actually written. And, being assumed to be a member of the other political tribe, other beliefs associated with that tribe that weren't even discussed are then attributed to that person ("oh, they must also support straight pride and blue lives matter and be anti-abortion, I guess").

ovary 07-13-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4512847)
I'm more concerned with convincing Labelle that I have nothing to do with you, rather than convincing you and only you that reverse racism doesn't exist

labelle obv isnt interested in being convinced of anything.

also ill give you something to swhallow.

also dk knows what's up.

FoolofaTook 07-13-2019 01:38 PM

you fed any pigs lately, ovary?

ovary 07-13-2019 01:56 PM

no but i've fucked a few

redbreegull 07-13-2019 02:07 PM

You guys noticed how ****** stopped responding as soon as she got people fighting? It’s almost like she only comes here to be a villainous antagonist

MyOneAndOnly 07-13-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4512643)
not really

she really did adopt some of the worst female white feminist stereotypes and posting pics with her new dildos and shit. oh please.

:rofl:

Bitch, please

MyOneAndOnly 07-13-2019 05:28 PM

White dykes like dildos cause we are stereotypes

I can't even

myosis 07-14-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBelle (Post 4512851)
This place remains the same. I'm out.

how predictable.

mxzombie 07-14-2019 12:16 PM

FoolofaTook 07-14-2019 12:28 PM

stfu u bourgeoisie honky!

mxzombie 07-14-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4512917)
stfu u bourgeoisie honky!

i believe you mean, "bourgeois"

FoolofaTook 07-14-2019 02:37 PM

yeah well uh that comma was totally unnecessary!

FoolofaTook 07-14-2019 02:38 PM

damn

FoolofaTook 07-14-2019 03:18 PM

mods pls delete last four posts.

thank you.

smashingjj 07-14-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxzombie (Post 4512918)
i believe you mean, "bourgeois"

FoolofaTook 07-14-2019 04:54 PM

qwerty sp 07-15-2019 04:09 AM

Took, have you watched “Kes” yet?

Subtitles may be a good idea, lol

(Strong accents)

FoolofaTook 07-15-2019 06:32 AM

Yup. It was great. Thank you!

FoolofaTook 07-15-2019 08:14 AM

You know the kid kinda reminds me of myself at that age. Only I was a softer, weaker, more bourgeois version.

:)

Mals Marola 07-15-2019 10:44 AM

whoa man, nice word! where'd you learn how to spell it?

FoolofaTook 07-15-2019 10:47 AM

Your father learned me, as he learned me many, many other things.

Mals Marola 07-15-2019 10:51 AM

that's rather embarassing to admit, seeing as he specializes in teaching folk w/ below-average IQ's

(and no, i was not a student! :P)

FoolofaTook 07-15-2019 10:55 AM

shit dude i spent ten years smoking weed and reading fantasy. if someone has a below-average IQ it's yours truly.