Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Machina Reissue (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=176221)

Shallowed 06-30-2014 11:25 PM

Fix the micropenis porblem Pakooler

Shallowed 06-30-2014 11:26 PM

wasn't too hard to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpc33 (Post 3365829)
The Machina acoustic demos has an interesting story behind it. Phil aka Mayfair aka Honeyspider told me over sushi one day a long time ago.

Some hockey player was pallin' 'round with Bolly in his big purple house. Billy gave the guy's kid a random cassette tape from a messy boxful of cassettes. Some sort of gift/gesture. The thing is, this kid didn't even like the Pumpkins. Here's where my memory gets hazy...Phil was friends with a friend of this kid. Phil's friend loved SP, and conspired to obtain this tape from the ingrate. This guy, is who leaked the cassette, although I think Phil helped a bit and wanted some credit, too, but alas, no.
/ramble

Kinda funny how Bill would hand a random tape of unreleased tracks to some kid, like anybody other than a fanatic or pro-bootlegger would care.

PS. I love the machina acoustic demos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starchildren (Post 3366490)
I was contacted about "some tape" that I should hear. This was after the whole Marked tapes fiasco.

Girl had this tape, had gotten it from a "hockey player". Said it was stuff that wasn't out there. She sent it to me, I gave it to Todd to rip. He put it out for everyone.

that's the story, as best as I can remember from like 9 years ago. God, I was in high school back then. Seems like forever ago.

Rider 07-01-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4072468)
wasn't too hard to find

The hockey player part is accurate. The kid picking a random tape out of box is not the story I know.

They way I remember hearing it, the hockey player had a daughter who was a fan and Billy gave her the tape.

Knowing what we know about Billy I don't think there is anyway in hell he would ever just let someone grab a random tape out of his demos.

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliana (Post 4072414)
Do we know which fan he is talking about?

well, don't they say it's number 25 (out of 25)? doesn't that give us a clue?
where's that list?

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 02:48 AM

StArSeEd> that's Q101's alright.
StArSeEd> WXRT's is 20
ninjaprsn> StArSeEd: where did you get the numbers from?
StArSeEd> dahl's is 23, agnew's is 24, asselin's is 25
StArSeEd> shanahan's is 8
StArSeEd> corgan sr's is 7
StArSeEd> matuzak's is 6
StArSeEd> flood's is 5

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 02:49 AM

pmack!

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbull (Post 4072418)
pretty sure its not quinto. "other materials" that were released likely refers to stuff like the FAEOMM tape and Machina acoustic demos...

maybe he means stuff like mashed potatoes and avalon.

btw, let's not forget how monty made a hideout leak thread. is bc aware of that?

redbull 07-01-2014 03:50 AM

the leaked hideout stuff wasn't stolen from BC, and he isn't the person keeping it off LMA either (hint)

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 03:53 AM

if this is indeed pmack's copy, do you think he's pissed off that someone sent the details to bc? wouldn't one assume he'd only sell this on the condition that the new owner doesn't go around showing it off, in an attempt to avoid getting any shit about selling it?
or has he moved on so far from sp that he couldn't care less at this point? that wouldn't actually surprise me.

do you think bc already knew this copy had been sold (who knows how long ago), or did he only find out recently, when the details of this copy were sent to that memorabilia thing?

how many times would this have been sold? only once? or would there have been a whole string of owners by now? this could also explain why the current owner came forward: there's no direct connection to the receiver anymore.

T&T 07-01-2014 08:47 AM

maybe the same source of the 2007 leaks.... QAOS & Adore demos II

magikarp99 07-01-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T&T (Post 4072522)
maybe the same source of the 2007 leaks.... QAOS & Adore demos II

Did anyone ever find out the story behind these?

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 08:51 AM

what makes you think so, t&t? do you believe bc gave those to someone?

wasn't qaos (and maybe adore demos II too) stolen from library of congress? or is that not what actually happened?

Cool As Ice Cream 07-01-2014 09:14 AM

on qaos:
Quote:

Originally Posted by redbull (Post 3602700)
the story i heard, which may or may not be BS, is that a major old school trader leaked it

Rider 07-01-2014 09:23 AM

I'm about 90% sure QAOS was simply swapped out of the LoC, I'm pretty sure I even know who did it but will never say anything more about that.

As far as the Pmac stuff. At one point I think it was at the time of that fake Towers Of Rabble leak there was tons of information posted about this period and what was going on with Billy and the uber leet. I've tried searching for these threads on here numerous times and they are gone.

This all went down way before the QAOS leek and I'm pretty sure MP has nothing to do with any of this. This also all went down way before Avalon was placed on my hard drive to put up on the Traders Den.

Whatever Corgy is going off about happened long before Zwan and Quinto. I'm pretty sure this is what opened the door for Quinto.

I think at one point I knew what happened but it's all so foggy and lost in the past.

There was tons of shit going, and I'm pretty sure Billy was intentionally fucking with people and playing games. I always had the feeling stuff like Avalon was both a test and him just having fun fucking around with the traders and causing rifts and tension. Somewhere Billy talked about this period and how he was purposely screwing around to see how he could distribute things. This all culminated with Mii.

Slurpee 07-01-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 4072534)
I'm about 90% sure QAOS was simply swapped out of the LoC, I'm pretty sure I even know who did it but will never say anything more about that.

This is true... I was in touch with someone who was planning it.

(Edit: or had already done it, and was just figuring out how to leak it anonymously.)

StillBecomingApart 07-01-2014 10:13 AM

balls of steel

redbull 07-01-2014 03:17 PM

it was supposed to be a double album originally, he wants to resequence it as such

magikarp99 07-01-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream (Post 4072488)
StArSeEd> that's Q101's alright.
StArSeEd> WXRT's is 20
ninjaprsn> StArSeEd: where did you get the numbers from?
StArSeEd> dahl's is 23, agnew's is 24, asselin's is 25
StArSeEd> shanahan's is 8
StArSeEd> corgan sr's is 7
StArSeEd> matuzak's is 6
StArSeEd> flood's is 5

For note. I have the following information on the 25 copies:

1 SP
2 SP
3 SP
4 SP
5 Flood
6 Melissa Matuzak
7 Corgan Snr.
8 Joe Shanahan
9 ?
10 ?
11 Gregory Sylvester
12 ?
13 ?
14 ?
15 ?
16 ?
17 ?
18 ?
19 WXQX Q101 / Ebay
20 WXRT
21 ?
22 ?
23 Karl Daher
24 Eric Agnew
25 Dave Asselin

Other info:
Gooch
Tigershorty / sp.com Webmaster
3 copies weren't given out

Rider 07-01-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magikarp99 (Post 4072674)
For note. I have the following information on the 25 copies:

1 SP
2 SP
3 SP
4 SP
5 Flood
6 Melissa Matuzak
7 Corgan Snr.
8 Joe Shanahan
9 ?
10 ?
11 Gregory Sylvester
12 ?
13 ?
14 ?
15 ?
16 ?
17 ?
18 ?
19 WXQX Q101 / Ebay
20 WXRT
21 ?
22 ?
23 Karl Daher
24 Eric Agnew
25 Dave Asselin

Other info:
Gooch
Tigershorty / sp.com Webmaster
3 copies weren't given out

We need to add Robert Smith to that list now.

juliana 07-01-2014 07:35 PM

Fucking tigershorty, what a bitch.

Muzz1e 07-02-2014 11:05 AM

Doesn't Leno have a copy? Remember he called it the, "biggest CD" he'd ever seen?

Cool As Ice Cream 07-02-2014 11:08 AM

no, he didn't own it. they just handed him a copy (or an empty sleeve, even) to show on telly, but he didn't get to keep it.

Muzz1e 07-02-2014 11:19 AM

Comedy doesn't pay.

Rider 07-02-2014 02:35 PM

He should have sent one to Bowie since he lifted the entire "concept" from him.

Cool As Ice Cream 07-03-2014 07:50 AM

This is perhaps one of the most prized collector items in all of Pumpkin land. The seller claims to be shipping from Villa Park, Illinois. And we did happen to notice a Metro sheet of paper which has got us wondering if this is in fact the copy the Metro had been given. We will keep you up to date as we find out more.

Cool As Ice Cream 07-03-2014 08:04 AM

Perhaps this is the most dynamic thing we have seen the Pumpkins do since Jimmy would come out and play guitar on 1979 or in the small clip during Mayonnaise in Vieuphoria where we see Billy playing drums and later he would play the timpani in 2008.

magikarp99 07-03-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

We have heard from sources, that the item is from Q101. But the seller openly reports that there is no number on it, going on to say “The only things numbered are what I took photos of which are the album sequence. Thanks for your interest.”
If this is the one that Billy just posted about, then maybe he got the original owner wrong.

Cool As Ice Cream 07-03-2014 09:50 AM

this is not the copy billy just posted about. this is the copy that appeared on ebay a couple of years ago.

FoogHat 07-06-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliana (Post 4072414)
Do we know which fan he is talking about?

Based on the reference to the initial Machina II distribution, that appears to be Eric Agnew, who made copies available through the SPIFC. Not the best quality, and the speed was a little off, but Eric was able to get the material out to the fans in time for the fall 2000 European tour, as he was instructed to do by Billy himself. Eric appears to have fallen out of favor, probably due to the leak of Mashed Potatoes or the Avalon show or something.

As far as the hint of "other materials" to come, my first thought was the "final" Metro show DVD, of course. But it could also be Zwan or Chicago songs.