Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Machina Reissue (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=176221)

Kahlo 05-29-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks. I'm into mexican chicks and unibrows.

amoergosum 05-31-2013 07:09 AM

Great performance of "Lucky 13" >>>

BurtSampson 07-25-2013 03:11 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it right now. I bet with this reissue we don't get the whole Metro show, but just select songs, both in audio and video.

Trotskilicious 07-25-2013 03:35 PM

seriously motherfuckers still care about the metro show

Ram27 07-25-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurtSampson (Post 4002889)
I'm just gonna go ahead and call it right now. I bet with this reissue we don't get the whole Metro show, but just select songs, both in audio and video.

Fuck fuck fuck shut up

That's the most irritating possible way Billy could do this.

Radiofred 07-25-2013 08:04 PM

I got over the final Metro show a long time ago but you would expect it with the reissue of Machina, Right?

remd3 07-25-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trotskilicious (Post 4002893)
seriously motherfuckers still care about the metro show

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiofred (Post 4002967)
I got over the final Metro show a long time ago but you would expect it with the reissue of Machina, Right?

I could care less about the metro show what I want is the GATMOG mixes

Radiofred 07-25-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remd3 (Post 4002990)
I could care less about the metro show what I want is the GATMOG mixes

I had to google GATMOG, Don't care about that shit man. All I care about is a good album. Out of all of these reissues, Adore and Machina have been the ones I've been looking forward to the most. The Machines of God shit is just stupid. hah.

Rider 07-25-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiofred (Post 4002991)
I had to google GATMOG, Don't care about that shit man. All I care about is a good album. Out of all of these reissues, Adore and Machina have been the ones I've been looking forward to the most. The Machines of God shit is just stupid. hah.

You realize he is talking about the totally different versions of the songs used in the cartoons right?

Shallowed 07-25-2013 09:39 PM

I hope there's plenty of Arising tour material.

It's extremely unlikely that the entire Metro show would be released with this, but I'd be content with just the Silverfuck from that show.

Radiofred 07-25-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 4003009)
You realize he is talking about the totally different versions of the songs used in the cartoons right?

I don't man, Sorry, Not the fan I thought I was :-p X

remd3 07-25-2013 10:34 PM

http://thepumpkins.net/music/240-mus...of-god-remixes
listen to In My Body....its fucking wonderful

Radiofred 07-25-2013 10:37 PM

In my body has always been one of my m2 tracks. Love that chord sequence.

amoergosum 03-13-2014 04:11 AM

Interview from 2000 >>>

Billy:
"This will make you feel better. We've taped the last...maybe 300 shows...and there's tons of demos and unreleased songs...and we're still gonna do some more recording before we break up so...you'll be sick of us in 10 years. We'll put out more music in the next 10 years than we did in the last."

)

Funbags 03-13-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shallowed (Post 4003012)
I hope there's plenty of Arising tour material.

Eat your peas.

Cosmic cake.

whywontyoulistn 05-23-2014 10:24 AM

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com...8-A5CD1BEB6FE0

Quote:

“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds.

pavementtune 05-23-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn (Post 4062467)

Quote:

MACHINA REISSUE UPDATE
May 23, 2014

Looking forward to the eventual reissue of a restored and recompiled MACHINA, work has begun on transfers from the original 24 track tapes, as well as a host of select live shows. The effort will be unprecedented for Smashing Pumpkins et al, as Billy Corgan has indicated plans to put the album not only in it’s original and intended double/triple album sequence, but has designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well. The intention he says is clear: to present MACHINA in the original form in which it was written; or in his words, ‘as a theatrical narrative.’

Other possibilities of coalescing the story exist: including the addition of extant materials such acoustic alternates, re-contextualized soundtrack pieces, and use of spoken word to create an immersive experience.”

“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds. “Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end.”

Shallowed 05-23-2014 11:36 AM

I never understand the whole "how it was meant to be" thing with Machina. Why was the album released the way it was originally? And what kind of narrative does that album portray if it's not a double/triple album like it was "supposed" to be?

It feels like instead of acknowledging that it was a weak album with a weak concept, Billy's always blamed the record company for not having faith in him to release something extravagant. Now he finally gets to release it how he wanted to and he's still pretending that it's not because it's a weak album.

Ram27 05-23-2014 11:38 AM

I don't want any of that story bullshit. Just give me more of those sexy soundboard concerts please.

Shallowed 05-23-2014 11:38 AM

And for Christ's sake, release the Adore reissue already.

T&T 05-23-2014 12:13 PM

This is going to be a disaster.
oh well. we still have the original machina I & II as they were.

Shallowed 05-23-2014 12:54 PM

Kid A was leaked and that is one of Radiohead's most successful albums.

I realise that SP's record company were against a double album. The album and the concept suffers from an idea that was not (and still isn't) fully realised, which went ahead anyway. It's one of those things that ideally should have been abandoned, but obviously Billy realised the band was breaking up and wanted to get one last album out no matter what.

Personally, I'm not a fan of double albums and I am even less of a fan of "concept" albums anyway.

eyeboogers 05-23-2014 01:35 PM

"Machina" was a difficult album to get into. And part it was that the concept felt a bit amputated, on first listen I certainly didn't get the whole "Zero turns into Glass who front a band that used to be called The Smashing Pumpkins but is now the Machines of God" etc. etc. And that may or may not have been more clear if it was put together in the manner Corgan is suggesting now. That little spoken word section of Glass and the ghost children" was always both moody and helpful in terms of making the record a bit more cohesive.

So I am honestly looking forward to this and it seems everyone will get to pick their own version of The re-issue: one that is everything cleaned up a bit and one that is everything put completely re-contextualized. Everybody wins.

pavementtune 05-23-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottytheoneand (Post 3851325)
A few tidbits regarding the Machina reissue.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/featu...t-laugh?page=1

April 2012

Quote:

Our sell-out move, for Machina, is we’re going to remix the whole record and put it in its official sequence the way I’d hoped for in the beginning. I wrote it as a rock opera double album type of thing, so we’re going to remix the whole thing. I’ve already talked to Flood, and he’s been indicating he wants to be involved with that part of the process, and then we’ll finally finish the album, the way it was meant to be.
Currently Howie Weinberg and Howard Willing are already in the producer and mastering boat. What are the chances he'll really get Flood?

SlingeroGuitaro 05-23-2014 01:57 PM

i hate that they caved and let howie master adore. all of the extra discs that he's done have been absolutely terrible.

Araneae 05-23-2014 03:58 PM

Some of his machina ideas sound awful.

But honestly, why is he announcing machina reissue news when he hasn't even announced a date for Adore? I don't think any of the previous reissues had him stringing everyone along like this.