Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   These Fires aren't stopping... (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185576)

The Omega Concern 10-11-2017 08:35 PM

These Fires aren't stopping...

The house I lived in for 5 years and just moved out of a week ago was in a mandatory evacuation zone. It took a couple days to hear from my friends there -- they're o.k., but had to bail out in the middle of the night. They took what they could and left a big bowl of water and a 16lb bag of kibble for the cats and got the fuck out.

Luckily the house made it, but it was pretty close. They can't go back there yet but were able to check on the cats and all were accounted for.

One more rough night ahead looks like and hopefully things get contained better...but it's pretty sketchy around here right now (Napa, Sonoma, Marin counties).

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/csp/med...YPE=image/jpeg

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 08:38 PM

Fake news.

buzzard 10-11-2017 08:45 PM

Who leaves their pets in a fire-strewn evacuation zone?

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 08:48 PM

Good point.

He's lying, obviously. Didn't know you were down with the Baphomet Elites TOC.

reprise85 10-11-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4389704)

for real

vixnix 10-11-2017 09:07 PM

A smart cat will look after itself Long before it comes to check if you're OK. My guess is that they couldn't find them anywhere because they'd already fled, and the water and kibble was for when the fires had been contained, but they couldn't return home - so that in the meantime there would be something to eat and drink.

Indoor cats are different because you can probably find them and take them with you. But an indoor/outdoor cat might be hard to find. Especially one that's smart/instinctive enough to know that a fire's coming.

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 09:09 PM

Maybe he's testing his cats to see whether they are MK Ultra drones.

buzzard 10-11-2017 09:13 PM

Leaving your pets unattended is just begging for the government to replace their eyeballs with GoPro technology, either way.

The Omega Concern 10-11-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4389704)

When sheets of embers the width of a football field are racing through town with 60mph wind gust and the heat is literally on you, the cats freak out and scatter and you have 5 minutes to grab what you can and leave all the while calling out for your cats, but to no avail.

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 10:01 PM

So you abandoned your cats.

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 10:01 PM

To a fiery death.

Well done.

The Omega Concern 10-11-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4389709)
A smart cat will look after itself Long before it comes to check if you're OK. My guess is that they couldn't find them anywhere because they'd already fled, and the water and kibble was for when the fires had been contained, but they couldn't return home - so that in the meantime there would be something to eat and drink.

Indoor cats are different because you can probably find them and take them with you. But an indoor/outdoor cat might be hard to find. Especially one that's smart/instinctive enough to know that a fire's coming.

This is (was) Coffey Park in Santa Rosa. Our digs are roughly a mile to the southwest.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/calif...10_4x3_992.jpg

and yes, the cats are often outside at night and were Sunday evening, so when the shtf, there was no sign of them.

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 10:10 PM

You're a Californian?

Now all has been made clear unto me! :D

The Omega Concern 10-11-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4389730)
To a fiery death.

Well done.

Nah, the cats survived. Somehow the firestorm which was eating up a football field every 3 seconds didn't come our way.

Fake news...? lol. fuck, I wish. It looks like china with all the smoke and folks wearing masks all day now.

FoolofaTook 10-11-2017 10:14 PM

God saved your cats.

Thank Him not me.

FlamingGlobes 10-12-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4389711)
Maybe he's testing his cats to see whether they are MK Ultra drones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4389712)
Leaving your pets unattended is just begging for the government to replace their eyeballs with GoPro technology, either way.

You must spread false flags around before giving rep again.

The Omega Concern 10-12-2017 09:08 PM

The air quality in the Bay Area right now is as bad as Beijing

San Franciscans woke up Thursday morning breathing air as polluted as that in Beijing, a city known for its suffocating gray haze.

Some people wore masks as they walked or rode their bikes to work—an uncommon sight in the Bay Area.

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/66/50/33.../1024x1024.jpg

FoolofaTook 10-12-2017 09:12 PM

Why Beijing?

Could of just compared it to L.A.

reprise85 10-12-2017 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4389726)
When sheets of embers the width of a football field are racing through town with 60mph wind gust and the heat is literally on you, the cats freak out and scatter and you have 5 minutes to grab what you can and leave all the while calling out for your cats, but to no avail.

ok well this makes sense, im used to my cat who would hide in the shower

The Omega Concern 10-12-2017 09:46 PM

It's supposed to get worse before it gets better they say. 29 dead last I heard, 400 missing. 2000 homes gone, 20,000 evacuees. There's 600 kids at Cardinal Newman high school that have to find a new one for the rest of the year.

if you scan up twice on the minus button with this, you'll see the 5 fires they're trying to keep from merging. If so, goodbye wine country.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/multime...rning?ref=most

As it is, speculation is all the ash may lay waste to the soil anyway. I'm in Marin county now (as of the 1st)...fire came close to Novato by razing past Sears Point Raceway, but there's a swamp and a river to jump there, so its buffeted from that side, but its a straight path to Marin if it streaks down Petaluma way, which it shouldn't but I ain't ruling out anything anymore...its close enough as it is.

FoolofaTook 10-12-2017 09:53 PM

How close did the fire get to your house?

buzzard 10-12-2017 10:00 PM

Another day; another successful North Korean missile attack is sold to the public as a wildfire.

The Omega Concern 10-12-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolofaTook (Post 4389968)
How close did the fire get to your house?

It was reported at 10pm Sunday that several fires broke out at once all over Sonoma county. PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) may be on the hook, as it appears it was their poles went down and set off the transformers.

There was, at this very moment, one of the most unusual wind-storms we've ever had here. 74mph gust were reported and with all the dry brush acting as tinder it swept across the valley, westward into downtown Santa Rosa at a 100 yards per every 3 seconds, jumped the six and eight lane portions of highway 101 and into regular subdivisions away from the hills and spread across the upper regions of Santa Rosa.

It missed our house to the north of us by a mile... a friend of ours near Coffey Park had first responders saving his house because he was across the street from an elementary school and the firemen set up perimeter on his side of the block. His house made it. The neighbors house behind him didn't.

how it all started is on everyone's mind. but the authorities are busy and CalFire doesn't publicize speculation, which there is plenty of among everyone else.

The Omega Concern 10-12-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4389973)
Another day; another successful North Korean missile attack is sold to the public as a wildfire.

nah, maybe China though, especially if they come in and sweep up a bunch of land ...but if you want to get con-theory's going, plenty of liberals in this area that are open to just about anything at this point. There's always the arsonist possibility, but several started virtually at once sunday night and that highly suggest something other than happenstance, wind knocking over poles or not.

The Omega Concern 10-12-2017 10:31 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-1...est-wildfire-d

these pics and vid illustrate the damage pretty well. the business-minded snark in the comments is typical Zerohedge banter.

cork_soaker 10-12-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4389950)
The air quality in the Bay Area right now is as bad as Beijing

it isn't great

https://i.imgur.com/IAD2mqV.jpg

reprise85 10-12-2017 11:56 PM

dude i hope you make it out alright

but you know if this was happening somewhere else you'd be questioning what was actually happening and if it was all fake

FoolofaTook 10-13-2017 08:28 AM

Like a doubting judas!

No wait that's not right... like a traitor Thomas!

MplsTaper 10-13-2017 09:30 AM

I'm sure zerohedge has some keen insight on what's happening in Sonoma county. Gross.

The Omega Concern 10-13-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4390011)
dude i hope you make it out alright

but you know if this was happening somewhere else you'd be questioning what was actually happening and if it was all fake

No. not everything is fake, so that's not how I think. The storms that ravaged Houston and P.R. have anomalies that present a case for weather manipulation, but you have to dig and really research such things to get to be convinced or nearly so to make a claim it's at least plausible.

These fires...I'm in it, but not unaware of the rumours of how this thing actually got started (many factors contribute to the scale, so what ignited it all is the question).

That's a question everyone here is concerned with and Arson is always a possibility and top of mind...to more exotic theories I don't care to get into at this time, I could use a mask and they're hard to find right now.