Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   It's safe to talk about Boglins and the Micro Machines guy in here (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187387)

topleybird 06-19-2019 04:42 PM

It's safe to talk about Boglins and the Micro Machines guy in here

It's okay to talk about your memories of these things and how they make you feel

No one can hurt you here

Rudeness and bullying will not be tolerated, only love for Boglins and the Micro Machines guy

duovamp 06-19-2019 05:25 PM

Back when a mustache meant sincerity.

Disco King 06-19-2019 07:25 PM

Micromachines guy is in my top five rappers.

run2pee 06-19-2019 07:41 PM

Flashbacks to being babysat

Can remember that orange shag carpet, pooped my pants, it was summer in the garage and someone’s older brother was air-guitaring on his belly. They said he had emotional difficulties

topleybird 06-20-2019 09:32 AM

I can still remember exactly how a Boglin smelled

It had plastic eyes you could move around when you were puppeteering, and I never like put on a puppet show or something with it, but I did play with it a lot

I feel like I might have bought a He-Man Extendar figure at the same time I got the Boglin and their release dates seem to suggest this is possible

Micro Machines guy does not seem to have an active career any more, unless he's one of those cattle auctioneers now

I remember being flabbergasted by his speedy talking and tried imitating him to no avail; he was simply untouchable, a ghost, perhaps—even—a god among us

duovamp 06-20-2019 10:39 AM

We are doomed to the same fate as the boomers, and soon enough we'll be jerking off to the sort of imagined past as old men at classic car shows.

THEY DON’T MAKE EM LIKE THEY USED TO.

topleybird 06-24-2019 11:01 AM

I hope I made it clear it's okay to talk about Boglins and the Micro Machines guy in here, but just to reiterate, this is a safe place

I understand if Boglins are a sensitive subject for many of you

What the Micro Machines guy taught me is that cartoons have voice actors, because he did that fast future-car robot in the Transformers movie and I recognized his voice, and suddenly I realized

I didn't think cartoon characters were real, to be clear, I'd just never really thought about what goes into making one

But also to be clear, it's okay in this thread if you thought cartoons were real

yo soy el mejor 06-24-2019 01:40 PM

i was fascinated by voice acting since i found out bart simpson was a woman.

Shadaloo 06-28-2019 03:42 PM

John Moschitta's Blurr is a treasure of the 1980s

Shadaloo 06-28-2019 03:42 PM

Also I forgot about Boglins, holy shit

yo soy el mejor 06-28-2019 03:44 PM

that dude also the played the quick-talking tough-testing-giving teacher dude on saved by the bell.

FoolofaTook 06-28-2019 03:47 PM

YOUR MISSING A COMA

topleybird 06-28-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadaloo (Post 4511715)
Also I forgot about Boglins, holy shit

Thank you for your remembrances

I hope they were not upsetting ones, as is possible with Boglins

Fonzie 06-30-2019 03:49 AM

Czech out micronauts and timpo.

Shadaloo 07-02-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4511721)
Thank you for your remembrances

I hope they were not upsetting ones, as is possible with Boglins

I have a dim memory of being mildly creeped out by them but then finding the commercial not so far off from your typical Jim Henson fare and so kind of appealing

What does rattle around up there in the attic though is fucking Superted of all things

Because I remember vaguely that my toddler's brain could not parse the fact that the character's layer of fur was supposed to be a suit, but instead interpreted it as him actually removing his own skin, the concept of which upset me a great deal

topleybird 07-02-2019 05:41 PM

I remember Superted very well, and the skin-shedding is indeed distressing

I forget how he went back to Normalted but I wouldn't be surprised if he zipped off the supersuit in this infinite regression of flesh and cloth

The concept of Superted was very important in playing with my own teddy bear, a cardboard jetpack for whom I built and had him zoom around in

wHATcOLOR 07-07-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topleybird (Post 4511297)
What the Micro Machines guy taught me is that cartoons have voice actors, because he did that fast future-car robot in the Transformers movie and I recognized his voice, and suddenly I realized

i apologize if this is off-topic, but did you know that the voice actor who voiced eeyore also voiced optimus prime?

Disco King 07-07-2019 02:23 PM

It's revealed in the Transformers: Beast Wars series that Optimus Prime transforms into Eeyore.

topleybird 07-09-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 4512351)
i apologize if this is off-topic, but did you know that the voice actor who voiced eeyore also voiced optimus prime?

I did! I read some interview with him where he was talking about how many people came up to him at conventions and thanked him for his kind portrayal of a donkey with depression they could identify with.

He didn't do the original '70s movie, but was the regular guy in the…'80s and '90s I think. And then for that Christopher Robin movie with Ewan McGregor they recast most of the voices for some reason. I remember watching it and thinking, "What on earth. What on earth is going on here."

FoolofaTook 07-09-2019 01:44 PM

Honey Tree and Blustery Day are the only legit Poohs. The rest can get FUCKED.

FoolofaTook 07-09-2019 01:45 PM

And yeah, Eeyore's the best. In the books and in the films.

topleybird 07-09-2019 04:21 PM

I definitely did not, in any way, identify with Eeyore at any point in my life, particularly in high school, so that just to give you an example one of my closest friends never gave me an Eeyore Christmas ornament and told me "you remind me of him so much"

I mean she didn't tell me, or whatever I need to say to negate this thing that never happened and that I, as a result, don't think about often

FoolofaTook 07-09-2019 06:20 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: