Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music News and Discussion (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Taylor Swift - Lover (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187469)

Eulogy 08-23-2019 02:30 PM

Taylor Swift - Lover

If she had cut four or five songs this would be excellent.

What do you think

paranoid 08-30-2019 03:14 PM

it's as though she took Delicate and made a big chunk of this album out of that sound.

with that said, I like it a lot, minus about 5 or 6 tracks. False God is fantastic.

Eulogy 08-30-2019 03:33 PM

I have issues with about five or six too. But you could take out three and it’d be really good.

Soon You’ll Get Better had me unexpectedly in tears as I pulled into work the other day whoops

Eulogy 08-30-2019 03:33 PM

ME! Is irredeemably bad and whoever decided that should be the lead single needs help.

The Archer is perfect.

Eulogy 08-30-2019 03:35 PM

My final verdict on paper rings after much deliberation is that it’s cute and I like it.

paranoid 08-30-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4516925)
I have issues with about five or six too. But you could take out three and it’d be really good.

Soon You’ll Get Better had me unexpectedly in tears as I pulled into work the other day whoops

My wife’s mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year and we lost our cool on that one.

Me is terrible, had me convinced the record was going to be bad.. but better than reputation.

Nothings going to be as good as or better than 1989 though, I’m afraid.

redbreegull 08-31-2019 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4516173)
If she had cut four or five songs this would be excellent.

What do you think

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4516926)
ME! Is irredeemably bad and whoever decided that should be the lead single needs help.

The Archer is perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid (Post 4516933)
My wife’s mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year and we lost our cool on that one.

Me is terrible, had me convinced the record was going to be bad.. but better than reputation.

This basically sums up my take as well. The album is SO good, probably her 2nd best behind 1989. It's miles better than Reputation, and if it were a little more concise it could possibly be her best. Me! and You Need To Calm Down are the two worst songs on the album and they were the first two singles. This follows a pattern established by Red in which the leading singles from her albums are pretty much the worst songs and generally not indicative of what the rest of the album sounds like

redbreegull 08-31-2019 12:36 AM

fantastic: Forgot That You Existed, Cruel Summer, Lover, The Man, Death By A Thousand Cuts, False God, Afterglow, Daylight

pretty good: The Archer, Miss Americana, Paper Rings, Cornelia Street, London Boy, Soon You'll Get Better

album would benefit from losing: I Think He Knows, You Need to Calm Down, Me, It's Nice To Have A Friend

Eulogy 08-31-2019 07:53 AM

Archer, miss Americana, Cornelia street, and soon you’ll get better might be my top four lol.

And uh guys. Reputation has getaway car on it so maybe stop shitting all over it k thx

Eulogy 08-31-2019 07:54 AM

And dress and ready for it and don’t blame me and delicate. So quit it

Eulogy 08-31-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paranoid (Post 4516933)

And yeah my mom was verrrry sick in 2017 and nearly died (she’s good now!). If this had come out then I would be a constant blubbering mess. She really nails that feeling.

Eulogy 08-31-2019 10:30 AM

And I hate to make this all about me
But who am I supposed to talk to?
What am I supposed to do
If there's no you?

I can pinpoint it here. That’s where I lost it.

redbreegull 09-07-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4516964)

And uh guys. Reputation has getaway car on it so maybe stop shitting all over it k thx

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 4516965)
And dress and ready for it and don’t blame me and delicate. So quit it

Reputation was very mixed for me. Getaway Car and Dress and Delicate are great, but it also has some of her hands down worst songs.

I've listened to Lover probably 10-15 times all the way through now. If it's not as good as 1989, it's very close. I even came around on I Think He Knows. I would say pretty much all the songs are very good except Me and Calm Down. It's Nice To Have A Friend is not a bad song but it's boring and feels superfluous. Death By A Thousand Cuts is fucking amaaaaazing. I think the thing which most delights and surprises me about this album is that it basically represents all her past sounds, and I really did not expect to hear anything like Soon You'll Get Better on this release, especially because Reputation had even less live instruments than 1989.

Eulogy 09-08-2019 12:39 PM

I think calm down is fun!

Generally agree with your thoughts but I enjoy some of the bad songs on reputation still

MplsTaper 09-10-2019 04:21 PM

Is Lover a better album than Fear Inoculum?

redbreegull 09-10-2019 05:08 PM

it's better than every Tool album, actually

Mals Marola 09-10-2019 05:51 PM

sorry, but i only recall one of them being #1 on the iTunes charts

NEXT!

:beatup:

FoolofaTook 09-10-2019 06:59 PM

damn between this and the tool thread, the board is going to absolute shit these days