Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   where's the fucking new music (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=186171)

enthusaroo 03-26-2018 12:09 PM

where's the fucking new music

all this rambling and bullshit for months and pointless posts.. let's hear a new song

themadcaplaughs 03-26-2018 12:14 PM

Come on man, this is the best part in any wait for new Smashing Pumpkins music; were we imagine this will finally be the music that makes us realize it was worth Billy carrying the band's name and legacy through the mud for 11 years.

amoergosum 03-26-2018 12:15 PM

...careful or Billy's gonna put it in a can.

pinetree 03-26-2018 12:19 PM

Stephen malkmus announced a new album today, with a definite release date and a new preview song ...imagine that. corgan could learn a lot from malkmus. but instead he'll continue incoherently rambling on ig like an insane person holding a toddler hostage

smashingjj 03-26-2018 12:20 PM

what's the point of all this negativity

amoergosum 03-26-2018 12:26 PM

"Honestly, I think the best album I’ve ever made I haven’t released. It’s sitting in a can at home. I did a solo acoustic record about my hometown of Chicago. And I played one show, and I thought the show was amazing, and then I went on like an idiot the next day and read what the fans were writing and they said ‘Can he just please pick up an electric guitar again? Screw this acoustic music, we don’t want to hear this shit, dadadada.’ And I said OK, and I put the album back in the can and it’s sitting there to this day. People who’ve heard it say it’s some of the most beautiful work I’ve ever done. It’s just sitting there."

PuzzledMuzzle 03-26-2018 02:04 PM

Honestly, I think the best turd I’ve ever taken I haven’t released. It’s sitting in a can at home.

- Billy Will Billiam Corgun

RAWK 03-26-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoergosum (Post 4429236)
"Honestly, I think the best album I’ve ever made I haven’t released. It’s sitting in a can at home. I did a solo acoustic record about my hometown of Chicago. And I played one show, and I thought the show was amazing, and then I went on like an idiot the next day and read what the fans were writing and they said ‘Can he just please pick up an electric guitar again? Screw this acoustic music, we don’t want to hear this shit, dadadada.’ And I said OK, and I put the album back in the can and it’s sitting there to this day. People who’ve heard it say it’s some of the most beautiful work I’ve ever done. It’s just sitting there."

“I would say 80 percent of the things that I get sort of held up and mocked for, I’m doing intentionally,” Mr. Corgan said. “It’s sort of funny to me that they actually think I’m that stupid.”

I wonder if this applies to to the above statement. You see, Billy is actually a true genius and he basically has a permanent "get out of jail free" card. Whenever he says something stupid, he can just say he did it on purpose and he can't believe people believed him.

redbreegull 03-26-2018 02:30 PM

albums in the can
ride a white van

cork_soaker 03-26-2018 02:35 PM

slurping down some chicken soup
riding rails with auggie jupe

be blessed

Crepe 03-26-2018 02:36 PM

Here's a leak about the lyrics of the new songs.

''Lover, you're a lover.''

pinetree 03-26-2018 02:37 PM

"Do I belong in the conversation about best artist in the world? My answer is, yes, I do"

artvase 03-26-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetree (Post 4429234)
Stephen malkmus announced a new album today, with a definite release date and a new preview song ...imagine that. corgan could learn a lot from malkmus. but instead he'll continue incoherently rambling on ig like an insane person holding a toddler hostage

He could indeed, but probably never will. Malkmus has always been able to share the enjoyment of music with fans no matter where the tune comes from in his career. He gets a lot out of fans enjoyment for whatever he has written. It goes without saying, but Corgan is the opposite. It's not a give and take mutual experience with him. He's fucked until he figures that out

Butt Pope 03-26-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crepe (Post 4429251)

Lol

Shadaloo 03-26-2018 04:28 PM

He said like May

brothahi4L 03-26-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadaloo (Post 4429275)
He said like May

Yeah, but that was just an announcement. I dont give a warm shit about it.

russticles 03-26-2018 07:54 PM

The Willy P Corgan IG account is just his personal page where he rambles and incoherently talks about his life and band and whatever, it's not up to him to break official news via his personal page, that's what the official Smashing Pumpkins accounts are for. It's kinda good that we get some sort of candid look at his life and day-to-day and know what he's working on... then again it isn't cause it takes away the mystique and makes him look like a god damn crazy person.

I dunno, you do you.

Shadaloo 03-26-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brothahi4L (Post 4429288)

Ok

fuzzyroes 03-26-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetree (Post 4429234)

Fuck yeah, and he's coming to a venue in my town that typically charges 20 dollars for admission when it comes to the bigger acts! Imagine that, being excited to see an artist you enjoy without breaking the bank to be in the nosebleeds :smoke:

WeilandFan 03-26-2018 10:24 PM

If only D'arcy had it, she'd probably send it to me.

fuzzyroes 03-26-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artvase (Post 4429253)
He could indeed, but probably never will. Malkmus has always been able to share the enjoyment of music with fans no matter where the tune comes from in his career. He gets a lot out of fans enjoyment for whatever he has written. It goes without saying, but Corgan is the opposite. It's not a give and take mutual experience with him. He's fucked until he figures that out

Malkmus is awesome. One of the coolest famous musicians I've ever met. It's funny, the buddy I was with had just discovered Daniel Johnston and was on a big kick of his and he asked Malkmus "have you ever listened to Daniel Johnston" and Malkmus was all "What?!?! Of Course I've listened to Daniel Johnston!!" all emphatically. It was pretty funny.

I'm pretty sure I was wasted and he was acting super cool and having fun nonetheless. Dudes super accessible after shows. If you collect autographs I'd highly suggest stopping by and saying hi.

fuzzyroes 03-26-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brothahi4L (Post 4429288)

Lol no kidding. I wonder when Day For Night is coming out. Didn't he make a big announcement about that only 3 years ago now? :rofl:

Gooch 03-27-2018 12:24 AM

i keep checking crestfallen for updates but no word yet . . . .

johncg 03-27-2018 12:26 AM

It will be interesting to see how he manages to outdo himself and hit a new low yet again. While bragging about his greatness.

enthusaroo 03-27-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crepe (Post 4429251)

Lol

WeilandFan 03-27-2018 01:10 AM

Lead single is "Fuck You (An Ode To Flaxen Saxon)."

The chorus is: "Flaxen Saxon, you're not my lover, but you're straaaaaaange."

There'a also a sequel to "1979" called "1989" in honor of the year a very special person was born.

The chorus is: "Shakedown, 1989, Jack Bates, he don't have the time."

shadow47 03-27-2018 02:28 AM

Only WPC would think Chicago Kid was the best album he ever made. Talk about underwhelming.

PuzzledMuzzle 03-27-2018 08:46 AM

Shakedown, 1995. I really wish I hadn't lost my mind.

themadcaplaughs 03-27-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeilandFan (Post 4429308)
If only D'arcy had it, she'd probably send it to me.

So are you and D'arcy a couple now? Was that why she kicked the other dude out of the house?

themadcaplaughs 03-27-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeilandFan (Post 4429358)
Lead single is "Fuck You (An Ode To Flaxen Saxon)."

The chorus is: "Flaxen Saxon, you're not my lover, but you're straaaaaaange."

There'a also a sequel to "1979" called "1989" in honor of the year a very special person was born.

The chorus is: "Shakedown, 1989, Jack Bates, he don't have the time."

3.5/5