Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   can you cook? (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=164916)

Bread Regal 05-15-2014 08:59 AM

margin

Bread Regal 05-15-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4060911)
no cooking with foie gras!

fuck you.

you really have no right to be sanctimonious about the force feeding of animals when you're perfectly fine with killing them and eating them "humanely".

you fucking idiot.

vixnix 05-15-2014 09:12 AM

oh pardon me, not considering what rights i have

lol rights

go home, your mother baked a fish for you

The exploding boy 05-15-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bread Regal (Post 4060914)
fuck you.

you really have no right to be sanctimonious about the force feeding of animals when you're perfectly fine with killing them and eating them "humanely".

you fucking idiot.

count me in as an idiot.

My problem isn't with killing, its with torture, mistreatement, etc

Keeping animals in absolutely humane conditions and then killing them. Fine. Killing has always been part of living. It is for us, it is for carnivorous animals, i can deal with that.

The problem of course is that if you're going for mass production, realistically that's not really possible to do this in completely ethical and humane conditions. I'm sure i'd find the conditions in ethical farms lacking even. So this is why i'd just rather altogether forget about it. But technically its not the murder i have a problem with, its everything leading up to it.

I think basically the only time where eating meat/dairy/eggs was done in the best ethical and humane conditions was when people raised cattle, chickens etc for their own person needs. When you're trying to have farms that raises and kills hundreds (or produces hundreds of liters of milk or thousands of eggs) a day, it can't possibly be done humanely i don't think or at least, the risk is too high that its not being done properly.

MusicMan4 05-15-2014 11:32 AM

can we not have the full meat is murder argument and just focus on "fuck you vixnix for posting those pictures"

Cool As Ice Cream 05-15-2014 12:46 PM

fuck you vixnix for posting those pictures

The exploding boy 05-15-2014 02:37 PM

Eh, anything that can sensibilize anyone to those type of issues is fine by me. Even if done obnoxiously.

I'm pretty sure if you ask people "hey would you like to see what they do to ducks and geese in the process of preparing them for foie gras?" The vast majority would say no thanks.

yo soy el mejor 05-15-2014 02:52 PM

you think the cows and chickens that makeup the beef and chicken you eat are cuddled to death?

yo soy el mejor 05-15-2014 02:53 PM

dumb bitch.

The exploding boy 05-15-2014 03:17 PM

I sense an underlying current of hostility towards vixnix on this forum. It's just a feeling though.

kelsome 05-15-2014 03:42 PM

The exploding boy 05-15-2014 03:51 PM

I don't know why Boston never had a record called Cream Donut. seems like a missed opportunity.

kelsome 05-15-2014 04:12 PM

and now we're back on food.

I cooked the turkey for my family's thanksgiving last year. I didn't anticipate how stressful it would be. I guess since it's the "star" of the dinner or whatever. I made a brine for it and let it sit in it overnight. Everyone said it turned out moist and good. Im not sure it was worth the trouble, though.

My beautiful brine (not mine really, pioneer woman's. again.) The house smelled nice.
http://i.imgur.com/IwzTv70l.jpg

vixnix 05-15-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4060944)
you think the cows and chickens that makeup the beef and chicken you eat are cuddled to death?

farms in NZ are almost all pasture because the annual rainfall supports that, and we eat a lot of sheep, that are well suited to the climate and terrain. They wouldn't enjoy being cuddled except by their mothers and they're free to do that until they're separated which is a horrible day to see them all, crying out for each other. but they get over it - they're not that bright.

Cows are a bit different though. And chickens....have you ever had chickens? We kept them for a while and they were pretty easy - better as egg producers than as meat. Same with cows - better as milk producers than meat producers, as far as returns go - but only in small scale quantities...intensive dairy farming creates a lot of pollution. In my opinion. A lot of egg producers down this way are switched over to free range practices to keep up with market demand, though it's far cheaper and easier just to get your own chickens IMO.

I get the feeling a lot of people here have not spent a lot of time on actual farms or butchery units to get up close and personal with what they're eating. They just pick it up at the supermarket and get the rage whenever somebody tries to educate them a little. calm down already!!

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelsome (Post 4060949)

this song is seriously great i defy you to tell me why it is not great

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The exploding boy (Post 4060947)
I sense an underlying current of hostility towards vixnix on this forum. It's just a feeling though.

actually rolling back on this thread, have her on ignore too, i see that it was more sensationalist trolling

i honestly think she might be nimrod's daughter

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa (Post 4060857)
even then that's still wishful thinking

MEAT ROBOTS

what if like, man, this vegetarian/vegan moment is evolution at work man like man what if man we are evolving by making this "choice" and this choice will help us survive when that antarctic shelf melts man

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:24 PM

We are in a CSA and it's really helped my cooking. Tonight was a frittata with spring onions, Swiss chard and a little bacon. Delicious.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:25 PM

why do you hate america

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:36 PM

The rent is too damn high.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:36 PM

that's why i hate austin

although there's like SO MANY REASONS now

Order 66 05-15-2014 07:37 PM

the alamo draft house or something

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:42 PM

It's worth it for Taco Deli.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:45 PM

FUCK TACO DELI SERIOUSLY FUCK THAT PLACE

FUCK TACO DELI, FUCK ITS GODDAMN OVERPRICED WHITE PEOPLE GOURMET BULLSHIT TO THE END OF FUCKING TIME

Order 66 05-15-2014 07:46 PM

b.. but i love white people

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:46 PM

THREE TACOS

FIFTEEN DOLLARS

FUCK YOU!!! AND IT'S CROWDED!!! AND YOUR GODDAMN 22 YEAR OLD MIDWESTERN CLERK CALLED ME DUDE THE WHOLE TIME!!! I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!!! GET OUT OF MY TOWN!!!

IN ADDITION:

FUCK YOU FRANKLIN'S GODDAMN 2009 BARBECUE YOU PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING MOTHERFUCKING

FUCK YOU IN AND OUT BURGER YOU GODDAMN CALIFORNIA MOVIE HYPE FUCKER YOUR BURGERS FUCKING SUCK AND STAY IN YOUR GODDAMN STATE

sppunk 05-15-2014 07:49 PM

I knew that'd set you off. :) There's an In-and-Out now? Most overrated burger I've probably ever had was from one of those.

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:50 PM

IF I HAVE TO HEAR ONE MORE GODDAMN TOURIST ASK ME HOW I NEVER HEARD OR BEEN TO FRANKLINS FUCKING 2009 BARBECUE EVEN THOUGH I AM FROM HERE I WILL PROBABLKY END UP MURDERING THEM

ALL I CAN BELLOW AT THEM NOW IS ART'Z, GODDAMN YOU, YOU KILLED ART'Z YOU MOTHERFUCKING CULTURE VAMPIRE

Order 66 05-15-2014 07:51 PM

the sushi place in the hilton is really good. srs

Trotskilicious 05-15-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sppunk (Post 4061039)
I knew that'd set you off. :) There's an In-and-Out now? Most overrated burger I've probably ever had was from one of those.

yes

also the tamale house on airport is closed forever

so yeah tacodeli makes me super mad lately and i had a very bad experience recently

i mean the food was good but 15 dollars for 3 fancy ass tacos that were equivalent to a great truck with 2 dollar tacos? eat my DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK AND GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT