Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I Know What You Did Last Chat Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184617)

run2pee 03-14-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4329694)
nephew is turning 3! Train themed birthday party. We got him legos and a hustle cat cup

Hustler hats are for kids now? Wow worlds a-changin

run2pee 03-14-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4329683)
My trip was good. It was a really nice ceremony. My brother-in-law's (!) family is very nice, smart, accomplished, etc. They have a lot of divorces and etc but everyone gets along reasonably well and I was really quite impressed. My parents even were doing OK with each other mostly, although towards the end my dad kinda started getting snippy. Also my dad 'works for' something that's basically a pyramid scheme (and so does his GF) and the GF gave her card to my sister's sister in law (btw there is a term for this, co-sister-in-law) and his family sorta realized what kinda shit they do and they kinda hate them now.

The real fun, and by fun I mean disaster, struck last night when they cancelled my flight. The next non-cancelled, non-sold out flights on Southwest are Saturday. Saturday! Because all of their shit goes through Baltimore and every SW flight from Baltimore (at least to the SE) is cancelled through Wednesday (starting with our flight that was late tonight). But I found a flight with seats on JetBlue and basically ended up paying $1000 to get out before the storm hits. But, I needed to return my rental car that's here in Florida, needed to take care of my cat, would have had to call and get extra medication from my doctors, etc. So I left, and my mom's long time friend who I shared my room with came with me. My mom, aunt, dad, and dad's girlfriend are stuck at the hotel with each other until at least Thursday and likely Saturday. I hope they don't kill each other.

I've been up for approximately 33 hours. We found out our flight was cancelled at 11pm last night, spent 3 hours getting this other flight, then had to leave the hotel at 4am to get a 5am bus to get a 8:30 flight that took extra time because of going around the storm. We got in at 12pm. My sister got married yesterday at 1pm and I have not slept yet.

My friend and I also almost got separated on the bus, and a couple days ago I fucking fell and bruised the shit out of myself. The hour bus ride today to Boston, I had something poking my ass the entire time and it was terrible. I kept on counting to 100 over and over.

All in all it was an adventure and I am very happy for my sister and somewhat amused that my parents are stuck together.

The cold wasn't even that bad TBH. All I had was a hoodie and I never felt like I couldn't handle the temperature. Not that I was out a ton, but other people seemed to be much colder than I was. Maybe it's the fat.

Fucken storms n airplanes! Glad you found a way to get back in time to save your cat, but manalive that's an expensive friekin hassle all around :(

Plus your butt on the bus!

At least we'll always have 100. To count to, I mean

reprise85 03-15-2017 12:37 AM

my dad got a flight for tomorrow and my mom got one for friday, now

the storm knocked out their cable and power on and off. the hotel made food for everyone for dinner (usually only serve breakfast) and has free beer and wine today and tomorrow. they also let my parents keep the wedding party rate for the extra days which is about $50 less per night than the regular rate. so all in all i guess it wasn't too bad for them.

i also got my car back today. pretty nice to have it back and looking good

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 12:40 AM

Nice shiny new headlights?

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 12:42 AM

http://i.imgur.com/sWOA6UMh.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Run To Me (Post 4330088)
Hustler hats are for kids now? Wow worlds a-changin

reprise85 03-15-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4330799)
Nice shiny new headlights?

yep! they also recharged my A/C which was dead so that was nice

yo soy el mejor 03-15-2017 09:04 AM

which chat thread was the last chat thread? are we talking last created or last posted in?

also, erica- which, if any, family member from your in-law's side did you get on with the most? did you dance at the wedding?

myosis 03-15-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4330806)
yep! they also recharged my A/C which was dead so that was nice

do you have a civic too? the mechanic told me they always die on the '06-'11 model and it's about the one thing they are constantly changing.

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 11:13 AM

That hasn't happened to me but th tire pressure gauge is a sensitive little snowflake. She has a Toyota Matrix iirc and I'm sure that gets a lot of use given her longitude

reprise85 03-15-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor (Post 4330850)
which chat thread was the last chat thread? are we talking last created or last posted in?

also, erica- which, if any, family member from your in-law's side did you get on with the most? did you dance at the wedding?

There were none that I bonded with super heavy, but his mom was super cool and was with our group a lot, most of the time really. His sister-in-law is really smart and cool but we never personally talked. She also realized how much of a dirtbag my father is right away. At the rehearsal dinner I sat next to K's brother and sister-in-law and they were really cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myosis (Post 4330860)
do you have a civic too? the mechanic told me they always die on the '06-'11 model and it's about the one thing they are constantly changing.

Yeah, I have a toyota matrix. One thing that always fails on them is the door handles break off. All of mine had broken off, they had nubs that you can open them with but most of it broke off. The body shop also put two new handles on without charging me. They were very good to me, I'll be going there for repairs from now on. They have a regular repair shop in addition to the body shop.

And yeah, my air is on 99% of the time

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 11:25 AM

Did you need to climb thru the trunk after the door handles broke off

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 11:26 AM

Sorry I ignored the nubs because I wanted this vision to be true

run2pee 03-15-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4330803)

Join Avery Grey, the newest employee at Cat's Paw, a cat cafe with cute, romanceable coworkers and a magical secret!

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

run2pee 03-15-2017 11:30 AM

Nubs such a sad word .... it's always just what's left

[ ... ] is gone forever, but at least we still have

tehnubs

reprise85 03-15-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie (Post 4330803)

why didn't they just use the cat's ear as the A

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 12:30 PM

I don't know. None of it makes sense

LaBelle 03-15-2017 05:05 PM

Today a saw a cat that had one missing ear while out on my street.
He looked fuccn savage, but I wasn't able to take a photo of him.

LaBelle 03-15-2017 05:29 PM

I had a bad allergic reaction to my new cough medicine and had to go to a job interview with my face all swollen and red.

Fun times.

myosis 03-15-2017 08:35 PM

is there still a netpho chat? never been there but i'd be down for that right now

ohnoitsbonnie 03-15-2017 09:12 PM

You're in it

LaBelle 03-16-2017 08:31 AM

I miss the chat every now and then, that was fun.

LaBelle 03-20-2017 09:49 AM

How come every new attempt at a replacement chat thread fails and we stick with the "new chat thread"

unfair.

reprise85 03-20-2017 10:16 AM

only you can help the replacement chat thread continue, labelle. will you take on this awesome responsibility?

LaBelle 03-20-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4333207)
only you can help the replacement chat thread continue, labelle. will you take on this awesome responsibility?

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Wq..._NT4847254.jpg

Rairun 03-20-2017 12:03 PM

When I immigrated some seven years ago, I was quite lonely for a long time, but now I feel so much better. I do miss my parents and my brother somewhat, but I'm also glad to have a safe distance from my Catholic relatives. Most of my friends from high school grew to be mildly sexist, homophobic people too, and I'm glad my life doesn't revolve around them.

Here pretty much all my friends are queer, and I came out as bi, and everything has been lovely. Finally. For a while it felt like it would never be. And my best friend came to visit from Seattle a couple of weeks ago, and I love her so much, and my partner is close with her too, and we were all really gay together and had the best of times.

reprise85 03-20-2017 12:06 PM

Sounds cool, Rairun. It's good to see you posting

Rairun 03-20-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reprise85 (Post 4333226)
Sounds cool, Rairun. It's good to see you posting

Hey *waves* I still lurk pretty often, but I forget that if I don't post it's like I was never here. :P Hope you've been well? We haven't spoken in a while.

reprise85 03-20-2017 12:50 PM

yeah i'm doing well, as well as ever. busy with school. cat's doing well. mentally stable... but without significant personal relationships. you know, complex PTSD and all that. but mostly good. thanks for asking