Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Music Board Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   new weezer Pork And Beans (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=158727)

davin 05-25-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattening Ass (Post 3259939)
The Replicants

:rockon:

TheDeuce 05-25-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad (Post 3260484)
And besides, he had a drug problem.

quoted for relevance.

also if anyone that's actually listened to the (partial) leak and doesn't like The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, i don't understand you. i could see someone not liking the rest of the leaked tracks, but this one is easily the best Weezer track ina very long time. and that from a hardcore fan of everything they've done, besides Make Believe.

i still can't wait to hear the real version of Automatic.

i pre-ordered the album on vinyl.

davin 05-25-2008 03:18 AM

funny how pitchfork makes no salnderous references about the different versions like they did about $P.

instead, they just choose to stick with lame jokes about the album being self-titled, and the album cover, and their disdain for the new songs without any analysis as to why.

go journalism.

Corganist 05-25-2008 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeuce (Post 3260509)
quoted for relevance.

also if anyone that's actually listened to the (partial) leak and doesn't like The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, i don't understand you. i could see someone not liking the rest of the leaked tracks, but this one is easily the best Weezer track ina very long time. and that from a hardcore fan of everything they've done, besides Make Believe.

I agree. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived is awesome.

Quote:

i still can't wait to hear the real version of Automatic.
I don't know. Between the remixed version on the Gran Turismo game and the 30 second clip of the album version that's floating around now, I think I prefer the remix. The song seems to work better at a faster tempo.

TheDeuce 05-26-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corganist (Post 3260782)
I don't know. Between the remixed version on the Gran Turismo game and the 30 second clip of the album version that's floating around now, I think I prefer the remix. The song seems to work better at a faster tempo.

i agree. i just heard the 30 second clip and i was really disappointed that the actual song is slower. it's soooo good sped up. what a bummer.

TheDeuce 05-27-2008 12:57 AM

last two tracks leaked along with The Weight. all at a low (128) bitrate. The Angel And The One is fucking awesome! at one part, can't remember which, i was reminded of TSP. enjoy!

hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/ptrhwx

Automatic isn't bad slower, but i do think it'd've been better faster.

waltermcphilp 05-27-2008 01:10 AM

COOL

bja1288 05-27-2008 01:37 AM

full cd link?

bja1288 05-27-2008 01:46 AM

the mp3 debate

tcm 05-27-2008 02:01 AM

many scientists would say otherwise. as much as i respect and admired neil young for his centuries of contributions to the musical community, i have to side with the scientists who actually invented music.

bja1288 05-27-2008 02:03 AM

i tend to subscribe to the big bang theory

Fritter 05-27-2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bja1288 (Post 3261348)
full cd link?

I just stole this from AtEase:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88ULMBR1

28if 05-27-2008 09:03 AM

I got about halfway through before I skipped to the end to hear the cover of The Weight. It's... okay. Some of the songs are better than others, but for the most part it just kind of blends and doesn't grab my attention at all. Still the best thing they've done since Pinkerton, though I haven't heard all of Maladroit.

pale_princess 05-27-2008 04:42 PM

seriously? weezer? anyone care?

skipgo 05-27-2008 04:46 PM

i think so.

SlingeroGuitaro 05-27-2008 04:53 PM

my authorization code was 'DIE'

Banana 05-27-2008 06:07 PM

first song sounds like it could be an avril lavine song.

commando 05-27-2008 06:44 PM

Man I really love the blue album and pinkerton (and I'll probably come off as a pro-Sharp whiner) and i also liked the green album and maladroit to a lesser degree. I liked Make Believe at first then became annoyed by the tenor of that album. This one, while it has some blue album feels on a couple of the singles, has that Make Believe twinge to it... just not one ounce of angst or irony on it that I can detect (Pork and Beans/GMWEL possibly two exceptions. Good for Rivers, you know, for trying to forge through uncharted waters, but I liked it better when you kind of got the feeling you weren't cool enough for Weezer, not the other way around.

redbull 05-27-2008 06:59 PM

np: only in dreams

:(

TheDeuce 05-27-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbull (Post 3261806)
np: only in dreams

:(

disneygay

TheDeuce 05-27-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3261791)
Man I really love the blue album and pinkerton (and I'll probably come off as a pro-Sharp whiner) and i also liked the green album and maladroit to a lesser degree. I liked Make Believe at first then became annoyed by the tenor of that album. ... Good for Rivers, you know, for trying to forge through uncharted waters.

iawtp, though the green/maldroit eras have been my favorite for the past few years. the first two albums are awesome, but i guess i overplayed them too much. i've been around since blue came out. i grew up with these guys, just like my 7 other siblings have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3261791)
but I liked it better when you kind of got the feeling you weren't cool enough for Weezer, not the other way around.

i don't think weezer with their "geek rock" really made anyone feel that they weren't cool enough for the weezer.

commando 05-28-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeuce (Post 3262014)

i don't think weezer with their "geek rock" really made anyone feel that they weren't cool enough for the weezer.

I always got the impression that the geek schtick was ironic weisenheimer stuff. I mean look at the liner note pics in the blue album and the subject matter of Pinkerton... along with the unmistakable musical awesomeness of those albums.

The Green Album was played way too straight, but Hash Pipe was too sick to hold Island in the Sun against them for too long... I had my suspicions, though. Maladroit was where the real departure took place (although Dope Nose remains a classic) After Make Believe... where they sounded like Mase after he went Christian if that's a good analogy... I'm not so sure they weren't taking themselves too seriously. I think they caught that, too-- look at Pork and Beans.

Really, I like a ton of those songs they scrapped when they made Make Believe a "do over." They need to bust those out.

Shapan 05-28-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_princess (Post 3261659)
seriously? weezer? anyone care?

uh considering this was at four pages when you posted, yeah, i think so

i like pork and beans and i have the album now but im refraining from hearing the rest of it for some reason. i want it to be good, but ive wanted them to be good for while and its been so disappointing. pinkerton is still an all-time fav.

edit: listened to it, pretty underwhelming on first listen. won't come close to early weezer, probbly a couple of growers in here. maybe closer to the green album in that sense, we'll see.

TheDeuce 05-28-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commando (Post 3262115)
Really, I like a ton of those songs they scrapped when they made Make Believe a "do over." They need to bust those out.

yeah, i really enjot quite a few album 5 demos as well. Running Man, She Who Is Militant, Hey Domingo!, Fontana, Mo' Beats. They also did fantastic rerecordings of Mad Kow and Superstar. i think those batch of songs could've made a great album. i don't know why they scrapped them.

there was also a bunch of great stuff left off of Maladroit. How Long?, Seafaring Jamb, Broken Arrows, High Up Above (organ version), Listen Up, Saturday Night.

pale_princess 05-28-2008 12:44 PM

"gee that timbaland sure writes big hits."

dudes this song is pathetic.

commando 05-28-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pale_princess (Post 3262309)
"gee that timbaland sure writes big hits."

dudes this song is pathetic.

"Timbaland knows the way to the top of the charts"... If you're going to libel the song get the quote right!

Sylvia Woods 05-28-2008 02:08 PM

doesn't p_p care about everything and anything going on in the entertainment world, especially if it's pathetic?

pale_princess 05-28-2008 02:46 PM

^ duh

Mo 05-28-2008 04:35 PM

I like the new album a lot - it's a good Weezer record, sadly nothing more.

Shapan 05-28-2008 04:40 PM

why's it sad if you like it a lot