Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rbg (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=185445)

vixnix 08-30-2017 07:18 AM

Rbg

How many times have you watched it already

ohnoitsbonnie 08-30-2017 08:16 AM

Is this slack related

vixnix 08-30-2017 08:46 AM

This is all about Tay Tay

ohnoitsbonnie 08-30-2017 09:50 AM

And gives you a sense of 'insecurity' that you don't feel anywhere in Amsterdam.
Literally, in every part of Amsterdam, except the RLD, I felt like I could just walk freely while being high as fffffffffffffffffffffffffuck on truffles, and I didn't feel like I could get robbed or anything bad could happen to me. And my average walk on amsterdam was 20-25km (Again, high as a ffffffffuck).
The chicks are all 10s tho, it was surreal seeing so many 10s

vixnix 08-30-2017 10:24 AM

lol is that rbg

ohnoitsbonnie 08-30-2017 10:50 AM

Your inbox is full. I think her style is really good and shows a lot of restraint.

vixnix 08-30-2017 11:07 AM

She says she's Southern Frugal and is open about growing up on a very frugal diet but she has good taste and an admirable work ethic. It's a strange mix.

vixnix 08-30-2017 11:08 AM

Sorry. I would delete some but I don't have the heart to read the message titles tonight, in case I remember something that makes me sad.

redbreegull 08-30-2017 03:09 PM

Tay Tay's new song is trash. I haven't even watched the video. Shake it Off didn't do it for me either though as a lead single and I wound up loving 1989.

MyOneAndOnly 08-30-2017 07:14 PM

i think you're souring on her because she's aging and nolonger a young fresh face

in today's rapid cultural churn she's fast approaching her last fuckable day

Shallowed 08-30-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4380906)
How many times have you watched it already

It isn't out yet.

fuzzyroes 08-30-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottytheoneand (Post 4381042)
i think you're souring on her because she's aging and nolonger a young fresh face

in today's rapid cultural churn she's fast approaching her last fuckable day

Scotty droppin' some mad truth bombs here

buzzard 08-30-2017 08:54 PM

You're going to pick that ball up and run with it?

Really?

The Omega Concern 08-30-2017 08:55 PM

Swift will be packing arena's the rest of her career, what you guys on about again about her?

buzzard 08-30-2017 08:57 PM

I think they're attempting to define "the rest of her career," Omebre.

fuzzyroes 08-30-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4381052)
Swift will be packing arena's the rest of her career, what you guys on about again about her?

I'm not so sure about that. I suppose once she's older if she transitions back to the country stuff that there'll always be an audience. I'm reading this book called "the hit factory" and it mentions that most of Taylor Swifts hit songs are written by the same Swede who wrote for Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys and shit... That kind of writing doesn't usually age well.

buzzard 08-30-2017 09:15 PM

Doesn't that mean this writer has therefore demonstrated an ability to fairly consistently put out charting music since the end of the nineties?

The Omega Concern 08-30-2017 09:18 PM

Unlike Britney, T Swift has geniune musician chops and a fan base that won't go away no matter what. At least let her get out of her 20's first before you think it's over.

vixnix 08-30-2017 09:18 PM

She co-writes considerably more than Britney or the backstreet boys though.

Ryan Adams covered one of her albums. I can't see him covering Bye Bye Bye or Gimme More or anything

I watched the lyric video before the official one and there were a few great lines.

I rose up from the dead. I do it all the time.

There was a great piece in the Guardian about her. Or the Atlantic, I can't remember. She just fought and won that landmark court case though. She's a feminist hero at this point.

It was the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...you-made-me-do

fuzzyroes 08-30-2017 09:19 PM

Yeah, he's great at writing disposable pop music. Songs like Baby Hit Me One More Time and Backstreets Back aren't really enjoyed by anymore as anything more than a novelty today.

fuzzyroes 08-30-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vixnix (Post 4381059)
She co-writes considerably more than Britney or the backstreet boys though.

Ryan Adams covered one of her albums. I can't see him covering Bye Bye Bye or Gimme More or anything

I watched the lyric video before the official one and there were a few great lines.

I rose up from the dead. I do it all the time.

There was a great piece in the Guardian about her. Or the Atlantic, I can't remember. She just fought and won that landmark court case though. She's a feminist hero at this point.

It was the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...you-made-me-do

The extent of her co-writing is to be debated. Often times songwriters will just cut the singer in for the privilege of having them do the song. If you look at Swifts biggest hits they were all done under the Nsync/Backstreet Boys writer... And he doesn't co write with singers.

Sometimes a singer can elect to change a few lyrics here and there and that often counts towards a song-writing credit. But don't be under the assumption that she's sitting there with the writer creating the song with him.

fuzzyroes 08-30-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Omega Concern (Post 4381058)
Unlike Britney, T Swift has geniune musician chops and a fan base that won't go away no matter what. At least let her get out of her 20's first before you think it's over.

Lol this is also debatable. Being able to strum a few chords on the guitar doesn't constitute as musical chops. She's a fundamentally bad singer and uses that auto-tune device on her mic at all live shows.

The Omega Concern 08-30-2017 09:41 PM

No it doesn't, but playing like this since the age of 13 does:

Pretty much in the John Mellencamp mode of guitar playing. It's not about making it cry or sing, it's about a tool to write songs with, which most of the pop diva's can't touch. She can play piano and banjo fairly well also.

redbreegull 08-31-2017 02:46 AM

Taylor Swift is the biggest pop star of her generation and she will continue to fill arenas until she dies or the world dies, which happens sooner.

redbreegull 08-31-2017 02:49 AM

and yeah of course she is talented and has written a lot of her own material (Speak Now which was obviously a huge album for her has no co-writers and some of her best music is on it...)

fuzzy is just mentally insufficient and views everything as a sporting event, pick your team kids!

redbreegull 08-31-2017 03:22 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/yVdBAvbWBQmcg/giphy.gif

teh b0lly!!1 08-31-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzyroes (Post 4381060)
Yeah, he's great at writing disposable pop music. Songs like Baby Hit Me One More Time and Backstreets Back aren't really enjoyed by anymore as anything more than a novelty today.

of all possible words to use, alluding to late 90's pop music as "novelty" in 2017 is pretty hilarious.

teh b0lly!!1 08-31-2017 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbreegull (Post 4381102)
Taylor Swift is the biggest pop star of her generation and she will continue to fill arenas until she dies or the world dies, which happens sooner.

this is pretty steep tho

as Tay Wiff herself broods in one of her compositions, "nothing lasts forever, but this is gonna take me down" :rockon:

teh b0lly!!1 08-31-2017 03:34 AM

i don't even wanna be a legend, just let me be one of those COME MY LADY COME COME MY LADY BUTTERFLY SUGAH BEBE guys, let one fucking piece of shit song make me a millionaire so i can retire from this life and go grow lettuce and tomatoes outside my little fucking hut in the middle of the forest

Cool As Ice Cream 08-31-2017 03:46 AM

shugga bebbe