Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   Pumpkins Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Favorite SP video and why (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=14689)

DeviousJ 04-20-2002 01:00 AM

Favorite SP video and why
 
I think it has to be BWBW - 1979's a cloe second just for the reflections it invoks, but you have to love the way the band is represented in BWBW. Close second is Rocket

Mood ring 04-22-2002 09:13 PM

Rocket...the Einstein thing.

melancholia 04-22-2002 09:14 PM

33... and I really don't know why...

[This message has been edited by melancholia (edited 04-22-2002).]

wangcomputers 04-22-2002 09:19 PM

you spelled 'favourite' wrong, you dirty foreigner.

and yes, 33

Graveflower 04-22-2002 09:21 PM

Buddy Holly.

Travis Meeks 04-22-2002 09:47 PM

you bastard!!! topic whore http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/frown.gif

jamesey 04-22-2002 11:05 PM

either the muzzle video or the bodies video
possibly crestfallen

pale_princess 04-22-2002 11:21 PM

B STRONG NOW COS B0LLY LOOKZ SO HOTTTTTTTT IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!@3

Mirror_Untrue 04-24-2002 01:15 PM

33.. i just love the imagery.

ATOMBOMBboy 04-24-2002 02:01 PM

My favorite is Zer0 for the simple fact that it is so strange.

Smiley33 04-24-2002 07:05 PM

1979, it's a classic, and the fact that the first version of it was lost and/or destroyed and the second one STILL turned out great gets my thumbs up. It makes me so fucking nostalgic that I want to puke. <3

Ensoul 04-25-2002 03:37 PM

Tonight, Tonight.

It was unique.

------------------
http://www.boomspeed.com/ensoul/Robosoul.jpg

NegaBenji 04-25-2002 05:58 PM

*smacks forehead*

Electro 04-25-2002 06:52 PM

in the netphoria border at the top with the 2 people walking towards the person under the tree, what video did that come from? was it disarm? when i listen to the lyrics in disarm, not to sound like an articulate fag, i could imagin the video having a dark/grey atmosphere set in around the victorian era. i wish i was around when the pumpkins videos were around

killtheyouth 04-25-2002 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smiley33:
1979, it's a classic, and the fact that the first version of it was lost and/or destroyed and the second one STILL turned out great gets my thumbs up. It makes me so fucking nostalgic that I want to puke. <3

yeah.

Travis Meeks 04-25-2002 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Electro:
in the netphoria border at the top with the 2 people walking towards the person under the tree, what video did that come from? was it disarm? when i listen to the lyrics in disarm, not to sound like an articulate fag, i could imagin the video having a dark/grey atmosphere set in around the victorian era. i wish i was around when the pumpkins videos were around

that's not from a video. It's from a picture in the Adore booklet....and it's Darcy and James walking up to Billy

Aeroplane 04-25-2002 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Smiley33:
1979, it's a classic, and the fact that the first version of it was lost and/or destroyed and the second one STILL turned out great gets my thumbs up. It makes me so fucking nostalgic that I want to puke. <3

what's this? anyway, tonight tonight.

Starla_Dear 04-25-2002 08:10 PM

Yeah, tell more about this `destroyed earlier version' - I never heard anything about that and they didn't mention it on the Greatest Hits DVD.

Here's an unpopular choice ... Cherub Rock. I couldn't believe it when Billy said everyone considered that video was a failure. When that video came out I had already liked Rhinoceros, but when I saw Cherub Rock it was ... WHOA! Like a kick in the chest! There was something about the atmosphere, the song, even the name of the song ... it all came together, and I thought: I HAVE GOT TO GET THIS ALBUM.

Good investment! http://www.netphoria.org/wwwboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
`Smashing as in “wonderful.” Pumpkins just sounded like a fun vegetable.'

KrazeePumpkin 04-25-2002 09:21 PM

Are you talking about the tapes that they left on top of the car and drove away with them on there? Yeah, but it was only a couple scenes, and they reshot the same exact thing, so it wasn't really different from the one we always see. (Notice in the Perfect video, the tapes fall off the top of the car and its all references to the 1979 video--including the same people).
But there was an "idea" for the first one that Billy came up with (remember?) where the first scene was a car smashing into a brick wall. It was supposed to be much more violent (and if anyone saw the MTV videography--i have on video if anyone wants a copy--remember "its a bit much"?).

Sorry hope that answers the question...if that's even what you're talking about.

Oh yeah and my favourite video used to be Tonight, Tonight--but now its Try, Try, Try (I never saw it until the DVD came out because I don't watch MTV anymore)

[This message has been edited by KrazeePumpkin (edited 04-25-2002).]

ZERO 04-26-2002 03:34 AM

BWBW, 1979, Tonight Tonight. nostalgia.

Starla_Dear 04-26-2002 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:
Are you talking about the tapes that they left on top of the car and drove away with them on there? Yeah, but it was only a couple scenes, and they reshot the same exact thing, so it wasn't really different from the one we always see. (Notice in the Perfect video, the tapes fall off the top of the car and its all references to the 1979 video--including the same people).

Aha - yup, that's what I was talking about. It's a wonder they didn't mention it on the DVD commentary.

The other thing I'm curious about is what video he's talking about when he says that the same director basically re-made the Cherub Rock video with another band. Was it Collective Soul? I seem to remember they had a video which was vaguelly similar.

Today would have to be my second favourite video ... I'm glad Billy said that all that weird shit with people having threesomes on the hills wasn't his idea. It always seemed oddly out of tune with the rest of the video. I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to mean - did Billy Icecream Man leave suburbia because of his weird sexual fantasies? Huh? Wha?

------------------
`Smashing as in “wonderful.” Pumpkins just sounded like a fun vegetable.'

KrazeePumpkin 04-26-2002 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Starla_Dear:
I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to mean - did Billy Icecream Man leave suburbia because of his weird sexual fantasies? Huh? Wha?


LoL...It was supposed to show the "careless attitude of "Billie"...and weird sexual tension. I never understood it either...It's a great video but someone just took the "I wanna turn you on" lyrics out of context. I dunno.
I still have to say tho, Try, Try, Try is my bf's least favourite video "HIS EYES ARE BLEEDING!!" he says, but it just does something to me (the video as a whole, not just Billy's eyes bleeding).



NegaBenji 04-26-2002 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Starla_Dear:
Aha - yup, that's what I was talking about. It's a wonder they didn't mention it on the DVD commentary.

Yeah, it's a wonder especially that they didn't mention it on that 'Lost Tapes Commentary' audio track on the DVD.

KrazeePumpkin 04-26-2002 11:01 PM

It's a wonder!

Crazy Joe Devola 04-27-2002 11:49 AM

It appears that many of you have not viewed the "Commentary" portions of the Smashing Pumpkins Video Collection (DVD). Sad, indeed.

------------------
Crazy Joe Devola

KrazeePumpkin 04-27-2002 03:58 PM

indeed.

Feeliums 04-27-2002 08:41 PM

Thirty-three

beever 04-27-2002 08:55 PM

today

metal machine 04-29-2002 08:31 AM

1. storytellers
2. vieuphoria
3. ava/tonight/33/bwbw/stand inside your love/today

frail_and_bedazzled 05-01-2002 03:16 AM

probably tonight, tonight or 33...imagery and very well matched to the songs..

heh. on a side note, i also love the outtakes from today on the dvd...i mean, how many drugs can you do?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020