Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   PHONE BAD—The Official Boomer Comic Thread (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=187564)

FoolofaTook 11-12-2019 08:25 PM

Eldernative Nation

vixnix 11-15-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disco King (Post 4521256)
Theory: the reason so many boomer comics revolve around hatred of one's own spouse is because boomer's got married just before laws and attitudes surrounding divorce liberalized. Instead of ending marriages that are not healthy or fulfilling, many of them may carry the expectation and belief that marriage is immutable, and that "responsible adults" don't end their marriages, because they married "for better or for worse."

Yes it could be this. But it could also be because living with someone for a long time is hard. I mean, I wonder if we could replace a spouse with a long term housemate in the average boomer comic, and it would describe the same things but to a different audience. Sharing a home space with other humans is hard

Shallowed 11-16-2019 01:16 AM

should have thought of that before you decided to love with someone long-term

Shallowed 11-16-2019 01:18 AM

jeez that typo is too apt to fix

topleybird 02-14-2020 03:30 PM

This is an AI-generated comic strip about millennials killing things

Beneath it there's a link to the Boomer-written article that spawned it

killtrocity 02-14-2020 03:48 PM

yesterday I said baseball tickets were too expensive and it's logical to just buy MLB.TV and watch every game from home for the price of 2 mediocre tickets, if you're into that

Boomers had a field day with this comment. "Millenials just want to cry!". "You can afford it, stop whining!"

I was like OK boomer, you can't claim millenials are fiscally irresponsible while deriding them for not wasting money on exorbitantly priced dumb shit. Like those two beliefs are incompatible. You have to pick one. And that is the heart of boomerism: a refusal to acknowledge the systemic ways our society constrains us all economically. Instead they blame individuals and easy to identify cultural trends like cell phones and avocados. While spending $240 per month on Comcast cable and a land line. And baseball tickets with $12 Miller Lites. And even when we don't partake in this dumb shit it's still our fault that cost of living has increased disproportionately to wages.

Boomers, man.

Corporate capitalism killed Sears. I wish millenials had the organization to cohesively band together and selectively kill malignant aspects of society. I used to work at fucking Sears. The writing was on the wall 30 years ago. Ask Mitt Romney about extracting every possible drop of value from a brand before tossing it in the headline graveyard of things millenials killed. Applebee's, you're next! I'd kill you if I could, but you guys already know what you're doing!

Anyway we're putatively kicking boomers, so I though I'd chime in while I take a shit at work like a good lazy millennial. Hope that's OK.

killtrocity 02-14-2020 03:58 PM

That's all there is to it, really

Run To Me 02-14-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killtrocity (Post 4530358)
yesterday I said baseball tickets were too expensive and it's logical to just buy MLB.TV and watch every game from home for the price of 2 mediocre tickets, if you're into that

Boomers had a field day with this comment. "Millenials just want to cry!". "You can afford it, stop whining!"

I was like OK boomer, you can't claim millenials are fiscally irresponsible while deriding them for not wasting money on exorbitantly priced dumb shit. Like those two beliefs are incompatible. You have to pick one. And that is the heart of boomerism: a refusal to acknowledge the systemic ways our society constrains us all economically. Instead they blame individuals and easy to identify cultural trends like cell phones and avocados. While spending $240 per month on Comcast cable and a land line. And baseball tickets with $12 Miller Lites. And even when we don't partake in this dumb shit it's still our fault that cost of living has increased disproportionately to wages.

Boomers, man.

Corporate capitalism killed Sears. I wish millenials had the organization to cohesively band together and selectively kill malignant aspects of society. I used to work at fucking Sears. The writing was on the wall 30 years ago. Ask Mitt Romney about extracting every possible drop of value from a brand before tossing it in the headline graveyard of things millenials killed. Applebee's, you're next! I'd kill you if I could, but you guys already know what you're doing!

Anyway we're putatively kicking boomers, so I though I'd chime in while I take a shit at work like a good lazy millennial. Hope that's OK.

Just like a millennial to tell me i have to pick various beliefs while discarding others that are logically incompatible! You uppity fucken millennials think ya got the whole world figured out! Well guess what! You’re one sperm droplet away from having been wiped off your mamas taint area! So there! I was here when you were just hanging out in the darkness inside my ballsack! Try that on for size ya big smarty college boys/girls!

Run To Me 02-14-2020 04:25 PM

Sorry....i guess i channeled my dad a bit there. Thanks dad!

buzzard 02-14-2020 04:33 PM

References to the maternal taint was not quite what I expected from the Mormon doom cult patriarch.

topleybird 02-14-2020 04:34 PM

I don't know who created Pokémon Go, but I want to figure out how to get them to have Pokémon Go to the polls!

Run To Me 02-14-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzard (Post 4530373)
References to the maternal taint was not quite what I expected from the Mormon doom cult patriarch.

He’s a complicated man

He probably would have said “bush area” though, now that i think real hard on it

Probably i was still thinking of the mr show sketch when i posted earlier

buzzard 02-14-2020 05:04 PM

You sure did approach it with the velveteen touch of a dandy fop.