Netphoria Message Board

Netphoria Message Board (http://forums.netphoria.org/index.php)
-   General Chat Archive (http://forums.netphoria.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   It's been two months (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=157652)

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 02:57 PM

It's been two months

Since I quit smoking. :)

I went to the gyno yesterday and found out my blood pressure is now 139/79!!! (That's good btw, I was as high as 160/94 last year)

I also lost 7lbs since I was there for my annual last December.

The nurse laughed and said "Isn't it supposed to be the other way around...you gain weight when you quit smoking?"

I rock. How about you?

Richard III 03-11-2008 02:59 PM

Nice one. I quit 6 1/2 years ago. :)

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:00 PM

Congrats. I can't wait until I can say that...how strange.

hnibos 03-11-2008 03:00 PM

2 days :)

na im not actually quitting

good job though

Eulogy 03-11-2008 03:01 PM

o/

someday i'll join you.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:02 PM

*\o

I hope so! It's not even fun to smoke now that you can't smoke in bars/restaurants anymore anyway.

Richard III 03-11-2008 03:02 PM

Gets easier after 2 weeks. 4 weeks and you've done it.

wHATcOLOR 03-11-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neopryn (Post 3192508)
you want a fucking medal?

stephanie says 03-11-2008 03:07 PM

How did you quit?

waltermcphilp 03-11-2008 03:08 PM

i haven't smoked in 21 years.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR (Post 3196946)

Yeah I fuckin' do, you asshole.

Caine Walker 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196938)
*\o

I hope so! It's not even fun to smoke now that you can't smoke in bars/restaurants anymore anyway.

but you meet so many interesting people when your standing 15 feet away from the entrance, all huddled together in the 3 degree weather!

hnibos 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

just out of curiousity, what kind of cigarettes did you smoke?

Eulogy 03-11-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196938)
*\o

i've never been able to smoke indoors here. and the weather is as shitty as it is anywhere else in the country. originally i thought it would help me stop, but instead i ended up standing outside in subzero temperatures and driving snow. whoops. and now it's getting warmer out...and then i go home for summer and other people actually smoke.

i don't know. i haven't decided that i actually want to quit, so i don't see it happening. maybe if i start working out regularly again it can provide some motivation. i'm scared to see how well i can run now. :erm:

Eulogy 03-11-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caine Walker (Post 3196951)
but you meet so many interesting people when your standing 15 feet away from the entrance, all huddled together in the 3 degree weather!

in my experience, i'll be out there by myself and then i'll get swarmed by drunk bitches who are all "LOL I ONLY SMOKE WHEN I DRINK LOL CAN I HAVE A CIGARETTE?"

they're not all that interesting.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephanie says (Post 3196947)
How did you quit?

I used this prescription pill called Chantix.

It's honestly amazing, I recommend it to anyone who's serious about quitting. It blocks the nicotine from attaching to your receptors in your brain...but you can smoke while you take it for the first week or so. You start to notice that cigarettes aren't doing anything for you..and for me, it was really only a little frustrating for 2 days. Then I was ready to quit and I was able to do so without any of the insanity.

You're supposed to take it for 12 weeks but I got mine through a friend so I only had enough for about a month. After a few weeks I was tired of having to remember to take the pills and I felt like I was alright to get off them, so I did and I've been fine. I believe the only reason they tell you to stay on them for so long is because they really do make cigarettes taste horrible because they aren't giving you any of the positive feelings you feel when you smoke...so in case you slip up and have one here or there, it ends up being nasty and you don't start smoking again.

I think the FDA just approved that it can be taken for an addition 12 weeks, if necessary.

yo soy el mejor 03-11-2008 03:15 PM

congrats. last night on conan anthony giamatti or whatever his name is said he started smoking again after having quit for 8 years.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hnibos (Post 3196953)
just out of curiousity, what kind of cigarettes did you smoke?

For a long, long time I smoked Marlboro reds. For the last year or so I've been smoking Camel lights.

hnibos 03-11-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196973)
Camel lights.

only cigarette worth smoking

Richard III 03-11-2008 03:19 PM

I used to smoke Camel full strength. The smell used to piss people off when I was driving.

yo soy el mejor 03-11-2008 03:21 PM

i smoke camel lights, too. i started off smoking turkish silvers and i sometimes get a hankering for them.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulogy (Post 3196954)
i've never been able to smoke indoors here. and the weather is as shitty as it is anywhere else in the country. originally i thought it would help me stop, but instead i ended up standing outside in subzero temperatures and driving snow. whoops. and now it's getting warmer out...and then i go home for summer and other people actually smoke.

i don't know. i haven't decided that i actually want to quit, so i don't see it happening. maybe if i start working out regularly again it can provide some motivation. i'm scared to see how well i can run now. :erm:

Yeah that's the problem, you can't quit if you don't REALLY REALLY want to...because it's just so fucking hard that when you try and you aren't really dedicated, you'll find reasons to start back up again.

I think two things forced me over the edge from "Yeeaaaahhh...I'd LIKE to quit...sometime..." to "I don't want to smoke these fucking things anymore ahh!!":

My blood pressure that I mentioned earlier (160/94) and the fact that you can't smoke indoors anymore...and it's winter.

You just have to find your own reasons and you'll know when you're ready. You can't let anyone force you into it, it's just gotta happen. Good luck to you whenever you do decide to do it...it's tough but it's not impossible. I also highly recommend that Chantix stuff.

Caine Walker 03-11-2008 03:23 PM

i could never get into the turkish variety. camel light all the way. i'll smoke a parliament every now and then, and sometimes when i'm feeling nutty i'll get a pack of marlboro milds.

maoi 03-11-2008 03:25 PM

i smoke like once a month

spring 03-11-2008 03:25 PM

good job

Eulogy 03-11-2008 03:25 PM

i really think if i make a concerted effort to get back into the shape i was in a couple years ago, i'll pretty much have to stop. but that means it comes down to whether or not i can motivate myself to do that over the coming months. i'm thinking there's a chance though. i always feel kind of gross and i really miss the way i felt after an exhausting workout.

KrazeeStacee 03-11-2008 03:27 PM

Yeah plus exercise gives you an endorphin rush so that could possibly be something that helps you get over any cravings you have.

Richard III 03-11-2008 03:28 PM

Smoking indoors is a lot worse for you, you're breathing in smoke all the time. Everything stinks of smoke too.

Caine Walker 03-11-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196991)
Yeah plus exercise gives you an endorphin rush so that could possibly be something that helps you get over any cravings you have.

and you would certainly start to feel better than "stagnate. bored. listless."

shit, i need to get back into shape. DOIN' IT.

Luke de Spa 03-11-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR
Quote:

Originally Posted by neopryn
you want a fucking medal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196950)
Yeah I fuckin' do, you asshole.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazeeStacee (Post 3196965)
I used this prescription pill called Chantix.

DISQUALIFIED