View Full Version : Fuck the internet. Who needs it?

Franck
07-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Really. What does anyone actually gain from it, other than an escape from their lives? And a crap one at that. The time spent here could be used to learn an instrument or how to paint, as these are proper escapes that are in at least some way beneficial.

Email is the one exception to this, because you can email people you know in the real world.

Let's tear this 'internet' thing down. Where does it live? I imagine it's rather hard to kill the internet, what with it being an abstract entity and that, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. Who's with me?

The Vizual
07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Your e-lover take you off their aim list and block you or something?

Just kidding btw :D, couldn't resist so don't hurt me to bad.

daydreamer999
07-12-2005, 09:12 PM
without the internet i could be bored all day

how awesome

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by daydreamer999
without the internet i could be bored all day

how awesome Wait, so you're saying that the only way you have to prevent yourself from feeloing bored is to go on the internet? If the internet didn't exist, you'd probably have a much fuller life.

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by The Vizual
Your e-lover take you off their aim list and block you or something?

Just kidding btw :D, couldn't resist so don't hurt me to bad. Chss, I aint gonna hurt you - that was priceless comedy. Five stars to you sir/madam.

Fathoms (unadored)
07-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I hate the internet. But unfortunatley all these real world activities you speak of are equally unfulfilling.

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Fathoms (unadored)
I hate the internet. But unfortunatley all these real world activities you speak of are equally unfulfilling. really? Is there nothing in your life that's better than the internet?

Guitar's great. If I hadn't lost my pick, and if the uitar shop wasn't closed, I'd be playing guitar now. Maybe.

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Franck
how to paint

why learn something that i already can? well in a mediocre kind of way

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by melislikesartre

why learn something that i already can? well in a mediocre kind of way Well, you "know how to go on the internet", so why bother doing that either? Point is, painting is theraputic, you have something left to show for your time, you can make money out of it - in short, their are many benefits. The internet's benefits are, in my opinion, grossly outweighed by its shortcomings and disadvantages.

Krazee's Ghost
07-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Actually the internet is a useful tool for learning and networking with other people.

Something I was discussing in another thread on the Politics Board...without the internet, thousands of animals would be euthanized due to over-population because there's a huge internet community that's loosely labeled as the "Underground Dog Railroad" where people network, come together, and form a chain to get an animal in need from one place to the other using their own money and time.

I'm sure there's plenty of other communities like this all over the internet.

People wouldn't be able to research as quickly as they could...I think the internet is awesome because if I'm like "Oh...what was that? Oh well I'll just look it up on the internet".

It replaces phone books, directories, and saves the $2 it takes to call 411.

And it also gives people a place to have flame wars! :D

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Krazee's Ghost
Actually the internet is a useful tool for learning and networking with other people.

Something I was discussing in another thread on the Politics Board...without the internet, thousands of animals would be euthanized due to over-population because there's a huge internet community that's loosely labeled as the "Underground Dog Railroad" where people network, come together, and form a chain to get an animal in need from one place to the other.

I'm sure there's plenty of other communities like this all over the internet.

People wouldn't be able to research as quickly as they could...I think the internet is awesome because if I'm like "Oh...what was that? Oh well I'll just look it up on the internet".

It replaces phone books, directories, and saves the $2 it takes to call 411.

And it also gives people a place to have flame wars! :D Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just its potential to be abused and/or wasted that annoys me.

Krazee's Ghost
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just its potential to be abused and/or wasted that annoys me.

Well maybe your problem is that you haven't used the internet to its full use yet...maybe you should stop making threads on netphoria and go LEARN SOMETHING!

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, you "know how to go on the internet", so why bother doing that either? Point is, painting is theraputic, you have something left to show for your time, you can make money out of it - in short, their are many benefits. The internet's benefits are, in my opinion, grossly outweighed by its shortcomings and disadvantages.

yeah but painting gives me a headache after 2-3 hours... and i sometimes need to wait a while for to paint to dry... why not use the internet during that time? also i use the internet to uhm sort of publish my art and stuff

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:25 PM

yeah but painting gives me a headache after 2-3 hours... and i sometimes need to wait a while for to paint to dry... why not use the internet during that time? also i use the internet to uhm sort of publish my art and stuff hey, nice. You gonna show us a link or what?

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:27 PM
hey, nice. You gonna show us a link or what?

profile. tho i havent posted the good stuff yet as the digicam is on vacation in austria :rolleyes:

Mo
07-13-2005, 04:33 PM
the digicam is on vacation in austria

i bet it's pretty bored by now...

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by the antipop

i bet it's pretty bored by now...

yes... i hope my parents are nice to it.

Mo
07-13-2005, 04:37 PM

yes... i hope my parents are nice to it.

yeah
at least you'll get some exciting pictures of linz. duh.

Franck
07-13-2005, 04:39 PM

profile. tho i havent posted the good stuff yet as the digicam is on vacation in austria :rolleyes: Why do you come here? That site seems much more interesting to someone artistic such as yourself. It's encouraging to see someone doing something useful with the internet.

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:39 PM
you know i'm not so sure about the linz thing.

DeadSwan
07-13-2005, 04:41 PM
i would do other things, but i'm at work :/

melislikesartre
07-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Why do you come here? That site seems much more interesting to someone artistic such as yourself. It's encouraging to see someone doing something useful with the internet.

the message board is fucking boring as it's all just about anime, potography and digital art and the same goes for most users.