:D

Toast
12-27-2002, 03:51 AM
Kwanzaa - isn't that a word that means "Made up bullshit?"

Irrelevant
12-27-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Toast
Kwanzaa - isn't that a word that means "Made up bullshit?"

which makes it less valid than other religious holidays why? just because it was made up a shorter time ago? we have to wait 2000 years until you can't tell for sure it was made up for it to be valid?

Samsa
12-27-2002, 03:59 AM
i just think it's funny how people have to add kwanzaa to the long list of like. you know. at this little ceremony at my college they read some shit from uhh i think the book of luke about jesus' birth, then someone read something or something about chanukah, then someone read something about kwanzaa, then someone read something about ramadan. it was nice i guess :-/ just sorta cute heh. couldn't they put kwanzaa in like may or something?? >:O eh ig uess the point is it's around christmas but still >:O isn't it weird to have an african holiday in a winter month though? hmm. i guess it's not too cold in africa in december though. yyyep.

Toast
12-27-2002, 04:15 AM
Kwanzaa isn't celebrated in Africa.

It's B/S.

I think it's just a cheap attempt to get the week between Christmas and New Year's off. Make up your own holiday, and slam anyone who doesn't recognize it as being racist.

"I can't go to work, I'm celebrating Kwanzaa!"

Samsa
12-27-2002, 04:28 AM
well it's not celebrated in africa but it's based on like people who have roots in africa so i figure it's warm enough in africa in december so it's okay to celebrate it in december JEEZ.

Samsa
12-27-2002, 04:29 AM
although you are right. december in america does NOT often make me think of africa no matter how warm in africa it is. maybe that's the point? lol. uhh. well july in america doesn't really remind me of africa either. maybe cuz i've never been to africa. hmmm.

Toast
12-27-2002, 04:39 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~felixreid/Buckwheat.jpg

spfreak
12-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Toast
http://home.earthlink.net/~felixreid/Buckwheat.jpg
:rofl:

The Pantsmaster
12-27-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Samsa
well it's not celebrated in africa but it's based on like people who have roots in africa so i figure it's warm enough in africa in december so it's okay to celebrate it in december JEEZ.
what